1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I'll be completely honest, if the figure turned out looking like the center pic, I wouldn't complain, as I think that it does make some subtle improvements. That being said, the sculpt that HT has made is amazingly good. The fact that some of you are saying that "It looks nothing like him" or "That's not Chris Reeve, it's Tom Cruise" just means that you're full of...well, y'know. However this figure turns out, I'm not complaining. To be even more honest though, I do think that some of you are judging it based on the merits of a single picture that quite frankly, doesn't do it justice. To me, it can't get much better than this:

htsupermanpr7.jpg

I feel sad for people that are not happy with this figure. Must suck for your guys. I on the other hand am stoked about it. Looks brilliant to me. Cant wait!

*cough...Phantom...cough*

Splitting hairs now, but as simple and no-frills as Billy Zane's spandex costume was, it had a design and stitch pattern to it that just isn't there in the comic version.

Reeve's spandex design has nothing overtly "added" by the producers...besides of course an actor that filled it with both the physicality and the gravitas to make the audience believe he could be the superhero.

I think Homer is praying to the one on the right

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MILArKLKUEk"]YouTube - ‪I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman‬‏[/ame]

Well that's what he would look like if he was in the show

if hot toys change the sculpt to match the middle pic then great, but im happy with the sculpt. im more interested to see what kind of pose most people will go for with this figure?

batfan08 didn't say it was 100% accurate. Very few have.

He said the photoshop is an improvement, but not required to make this figure great. :lecture

Yes, you made your point. We get it. At this point, those posts aren't providing any useful contribution to the discussion and just constitute trolling, so let's please cut down on it if you don't mind.

my post was deleted why?

Please see my previous post. If you are going to make a critique, please post something more substantive than "THIS LOOKS LIKE A TOY, IT IS A JOKE," etc. Just posting that same thing over and over is tiresome and drags the thread down. Thanks.

Yes, you made your point. We get it. At this point, those posts aren't providing any useful contribution to the discussion and just constitute trolling, so let's please cut down on it if you don't mind.

Ok understand, i was just answering the unnecessary post that was posted before mine, you know the one that i was replying that "dindt provide any useful contribution to the discussion and just constitute trolling"

:dunno

Please see my previous post. If you are going to make a critique, please post something more substantive than "THIS LOOKS LIKE A TOY, IT IS A JOKE," etc. Just posting that same thing over and over is tiresome and drags the thread down. Thanks.

No prob..:lecture

The thing is, Christopher Reeve's suit is very close to the outfit design that Superman has worn in the comics for the majority of his history. The exact shades of red, blue and yellow are not even that far off from the comics (which is debateable depending on which comic coloring you refer to). In fact, when it comes to live-action interpretations of any costumed superhero, I dare say, Reeve's look was the most comic-accurate, before or since....ever.

Fair point, but what works in a printed comic doesn't always work on screen. But I do agree that as a direct translation, it worked pretty well.

Even with Dean Cain's outfit with its deeper blue satin look, you could tell the producers were not straying far from the comic design (in the 90's post-Doomsday/death/return, Superman's comic outfit did become a deeper shade of blue)

I think this case is a prime example of how a direct translation can look terrible. Especially if the actor playing the part can't really carry it off. Which to me seems to be the case here.

As for the Brandon Routh costume, it looks like a scuba suit. I never understood the need for the high neckline and the speedo-like swim trunks. The cape and boots are so dark that they are maroon. Thousands of tiny "S" sheilds all over (conterfeit protection?) And overall the thing is too plasticky/rubbery looking. Why does Superman need that much protection? Out of every live action incarnation of Superman, I feel the people behind SR made the most deliberate effort to put their own stamp on the character design. In itself, that's not a bad thing as the costume has subtly evolved anyway, I just think they made too many changes at once.

The high neckline and shape of the trunks are just aesthetic choices. As for the choice of material, I suppose it's meant to show something futuristic, not from this world. I doubt any regular terrestrial fabric could withstand the things Superman's outfit has to face... so to me it makes sense that there is some type of texture to it that makes it look high-tech.

But again, that's just me wanting to put some "realism" into the larger than life world of comics.

But again, that's just me wanting to put some "realism" into the larger than life world of comics.

UGH :slap :gah:... This gets under my skin every time I see it written. COMIC BOOKS ARE NOT MEANT TO BE REAL WORLD. They are larger then life for a reason, they are meant to be fake. Good always beating evil.

:banghead

Back