1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Looks near perfect to me. I think Kim is doing a great job so far.

I don't think its perfect.
I don't think its a perfect Reeve.
I think the photoshop version is better.
It is the best Superman 1/6th figure ever released.
I am buying two.

I will buy one. If they fix it I will buy two...or three. Depending on how relevent the changes are.

It seems to me that if Hot Toys is going to make figures out of real life people, then they should just use photos and a computer to generate the sculpt. I think it might be cheaper and better. No need to get a real human being to make an exact scaled replica of anything anymore. Well, not since we have computer aided design and sculpting. If it's a non real life sculpt, of course you want a real human being to do it, because an artist adds a creative flair that no computer can duplicate, but when there are photos of something from every angle, let computers do it.

It seems to me that if Hot Toys is going to make figures out of real life people, then they should just use photos and a computer to generate the sculpt. I think it might be cheaper and better. No need to get a real human being to make an exact scaled replica of anything anymore. Well, not since we have computer aided design and sculpting. If it's a non real life sculpt, of course you want a real human being to do it, because an artist adds a creative flair that no computer can duplicate, but when there are photos of something from every angle, let computers do it.

Realscan's not even a guarantee. While Hasbro used it with some success for figures like Dooku and Jango (which still aren't 100% perfect mind you), Jakks has been using that technology for years and more often than not, wrestlers' and now UFC fighters' faces wind up goofily disproportionate. Your expectations are annoyingly, impossibly unrealistic. If you want Chris Reeve that bad, petition his estate to dig up his bones and sell them to you.

Realscan's not even a guarantee. While Hasbro used it with some success for figures like Dooku and Jango (which still aren't 100% perfect mind you), Jakks has been using that technology for years and more often than not, wrestlers' and now UFC fighters' faces wind up goofily disproportionate. Your expectations are annoyingly, impossibly unrealistic. If you want Chris Reeve that bad, petition his estate to dig up his bones and sell them to you.

You can do that? Hmm...

HT is synonimous of perfection

this phrase literally makes no sense :lol

just stop whining and wait for the figure to come out, and be happy with it. it's an amazing figure. :lecture

As you can probably see from my join date I'm just getting back into collecting, so I'm a Hot Toys noob. Do they really tend to take customer suggestions into account?

I'm sure all companies take customer suggestions into account. In the end however they will see if this is something that production can do and if is a needed/smart business decision to make.

Wasn't it 5.3cm x 3.5cm too small though? :lol

Dunno. Never gawked over Reeve's peepee. Was it?

I'm sure all companies take customer suggestions into account. In the end however they will see if this is something that production can do and if is a needed/smart business decision to make.

I can assure you, the sheer level of douchebaggery the nitpickers spew here, which started with the first TDK suit, is enough to keep HT away for good. Those who want to make an impact vs. troll, would be better served taking their chronic OCD to HotToys' Facebook page vs the repetitive diarrhea they spew here.

BBTS says about this figure that for USA market only thats interesting.I havent seen that before.

BBTS says about this figure that for USA market only thats interesting.I havent seen that before.

I don't understand what you are saying BBTS is saying.

I don't understand what you are saying BBTS is saying.

Im just saying that BBTS Product Description says that this figure is For USA market only!!I hope you now understand.

The Character stands for Truth, Justice, and the AMERICAN WAY, so I am really not surprised.

Back