1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I'm buying 2 of these for my own display, love the tweaked head sculpt. I just wish they would improve the boots. Moe's still kick ass over the HT ones.

To me the body looks to be a little bigger. Could just be the lighting but seems like they did a lot of changes on this figure, all for the better.

mmm that could be..but as far as I know this would be the only time its done like that. It looks removable imo.

They did similar things with other hairsculpts like with T1 Arnold and Aldo Raine. It's just so that the lock of hair can be more convincingly placed rather than painted.

Tony Stark Mech test has similar hair sculpted with a fringe attached. I'm pretty confident this figure comes boxed as its been announced. No need to get excited.

I don't think it will have a removable hairpiece or PERS (although I actually like PERS :D ). I think it will be like Arnies personal CR sculpt. If the join for the S curl isn't too visible, you could put some glasses on him & bash your own Clark :D

gud2js_20110828225754_13712534_1.jpg

I'm not %100 convinced that we are getting the new tweaked sculpt either. Imagine if we were still getting the old one :lol People like me who thought the old one was still good enough to purchase, would be disappointed after seeing the new sculpt.

I don't think it will have a removable hairpiece or PERS (although I actually like PERS :D ). I think it will be like Arnies personal CR sculpt. If the join for the S curl isn't too visible, you could put some glasses on him & bash your own Clark :D

that's not a bad idea and could be an easy bash. just sculpt over where the curl attaches, paint and done! :yess:

oh ok. You convinced me.

Having the S Curl slot in is genius, that way it needn't be sculpted onto the forehead but rests on it.

Whats all this talk about the S Logo, it looks the same to me :dunno

gud2js_20110828225754_13712534_1.jpg

Reeve's Kent parted his hair on the opposite side though. :huh

I'm not %100 convinced that we are getting the new tweaked sculpt either. Imagine if we were still getting the old one :lol People like me who thought the old one was still good enough to purchase, would be disappointed after seeing the new sculpt.

The S curl is considerably more pronounced and if you look at the eyebrows, you can see they're painted a lot softer and no longer have the arches. It's a new HS.

Doesn't make any sense to display a figure with a re-worked sculpt and then not even use it on the final release. If that was the case why even waste the time on a new sculpt?

Doesn't make any sense to display a figure with a re-worked sculpt and then not even use it on the final release. If that was the case why even waste the time on a new sculpt?
Exactly, there is no new sculpt.

Clever plot to keep people from canceling their pre oders. Put Arnie Kim's personal work on display, while sending us the non tweaked sculpt, that might already be on the production lines :D

Its obvious theres a new sculpt.

Clever plot to keep people from canceling their pre oders. Put Arnie Kim's personal work on display, while sending us the non tweaked sculpt, that might already be on the production lines :D

What is the official word about this? Is the one picture we have of the supposed new sculpt official? Why keep it such a secret if it is? If Hot Toy's wants to sell more of these, it is in their best interest to update the sculpt pictures on the Sideshow website and come up with a few more photo's from different angles of the new sculpt. This nonsense is getting ridiculous.

Back