1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I'm amazed that anyone can argue that's the same figure. The hairline is different, the curl is longer, the face is different, the eyes are bigger.

Look at the stitching on the neckline of the costume. On the proto it's very fine and well, proto like, now look at these new pics, the stitching is wider and cruder, more production like.

I don't understand.

For people who do not have access to FB or can't be asked! :lol

Top two pics from HTC's first ACG 2011 set posted.
Bottom two from the second set posted 11 hours ago.

supesmontage.png

?

Notice the Joker pose has changed as previously mentioned. Bottom two old pics then?

i dont think they changed the S i think it was the body it looks bigger

No, but it seems to be a great improvment.

Besides, we need more pics to pass judgment. Have you tried enhancing the face on the picture where we see him completely? It looks rather good. I don't know if it's because of the shadow, but I even see a hint of a smirk there! :D

New sculpt still doesn't look exactly like Christopher Reeve. :monkey1

Besides, we need more pics to pass judgment. Have you tried enhancing the face on the picture where we see him completely? It looks rather good. I don't know if it's because of the shadow, but I even see a hint of a smirk there! :D

:dunno The mouth looks the same to me. :lol

The S sheild on the costume is the same.

It's the S curl on the hair that people are saying is different (unless I am mistaken and some are arguing that the S shield on the two prototypes is also different? I am not seeing that)

The argument on the S shield was that it's not accurate to the movie version.

1113622b4eed6a3813c2ec87a590959fbc7d823e.jpg

Is that a statue? Don't look to much like Chris... Looks like CR had his nose broke or something.(does look life-like though)

Who's work is that? Looks ridiculously real

I would not pay two cents to have that thing anywhere near me.

That thing scares me.

Yuh.

It looks spectacular, no doubt. Smirk rocks. More than worth the money. I'm a thousand times happier with this figure than I was when it was first previewed and I loved it then.

Ya know what chaps, with some of you, I dare say the sculptor himself would come on here and say that this not a new sculpt and you would still hold your ground.

I really don't care enough to argue about it.
Being an artist carries little weight against such dogged action figure lovers who apparently have better anatomical knowledge than...well anybody who doesn't think this is a new sculpt.

Carry on then lads! ;)

I wouldn't either - it's got a creepy expression. Still looks ridiculously real, and I still want to know who made it

I think it's actually a picture of Reeve. :dunno

If it's not, then someone has either too much time on their hands, or a little too much love in their heart.

If you look at the picture long enough, it'll actually wink at you.

Ya know what chaps, with some of you, I dare say the sculptor himself would come on here and say that this not a new sculpt and you would still hold your ground.

I really don't care enough to argue about it.
Being an artist carries little weight against such dogged action figure lovers who apparently have better anatomical knowledge than...well anybody who doesn't think this is a new sculpt.

Carry on then lads! ;)

I'll happily eat my humble pie if its the same sculpt :wave

That would be funny :rotfl

It's not!

I don't remember where, but I've already seen this masterpiece somewhere and it was marked as a silicon statue!

If it's not, then someone has either too much time on their hands, or a little too much love in their heart.

Yeah it's got that silicon texture to it. It's a masterpiece in terms of likeness and realism for sure, just not the expression i'd have gone for :lol

Why does someone want Christopher Reeve in their house? :cuckoo:

Creepy ____.

Back