1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I just had to cancel my pre-order - "flex-pay" for this figure. :( Christopher Reeve is, and always will be, my favorite actor to have played Superman. I already have an incredible custom Reeve Superman made by three boardies here. The head sculpt custom-made and painted by Les Walker. The outfit made by "Moe". The figure stand silver "S" sticker made by "Evilface". I'd like to get the FOS base/stand someday. Hopefully Toy Anxiety will part out this figure someday.

So, believe me, I'm not at a total loss in any way. I just wanted to get this figure to stand next to my custom figure. Maybe I will someday.

Damn Mike, I'm sorry to hear that. This is a figure everyone should own! Particularly big fans such as yourself. Well, on the bright side, at least the Saints don't seem to suck this year! :hi5:

thank you mods. you've killed a boyhood dream.
You're very welcome. :1-1: Murdering childhoods comes as easy to us as it does to George Lucas.

People are talking about the S Logo being wrong but where? How?

I saw this pic and aside from the height looking more compact and the black lines it looks the same :dunno

Hot-Toys-Superman.jpg

I think the S logo looks better on the HT superman.

Damn Mike, I'm sorry to hear that. This is a figure everyone should own! Particularly big fans such as yourself. Well, on the bright side, at least the Saints don't seem to suck this year! :hi5:

You're very welcome. :1-1: Murdering childhoods comes as easy to us as it does to George Lucas.

I agree! However, it seems this figure will have a high production run and hopefully, the price won't go too high out of your price range when you are ready to get it.

The original is better in my opinion. I hope HT gets the colors correct as well, the blue looks too blue and the yellow looks too mustardy compared to the actual light blue of the film and light yellow as well. I do notice the body is not tall enough or wide enough, however overall the new sculpt can make up for the other shortcoming if they can prove its real by releasing more pictures. I don't understand why they don't just release the final build of this and let everyone know they worked on the face to improve it and made the boots shinier which is a positive. They don't need to go into detail about the rest as most of us can live with the strange color and shield design. But then again the colors of the prototype look ok so it might just be the camera taking the pic.

yeah i can see where you are coming from. some people prefer the star wars special edition's over the unaltered trilogy too.

see what i did there

off topic:
anybody want to wife swap tonight?

yeah i can see where you are coming from. some people prefer the star wars special edition's over the unaltered trilogy too.

see what i did there

There are no special editions of Star Wars, move along :lecture

starwarsspecialedition.jpg
:moon

Wow! You're offline for 5 days and everything is different when you get back! So sorry if some of the things I'm gonna say have already been said but I'm too lazy to read back all those pages.

So first, new headsculpt? Looks awesome. I can really see Reeve here and the comparison pics show haw much the first one was a complete fail!

The boots? Didn't like them but I was sure they'd be improved, and Lo! They are improved!

The Logo controversy? Okay true! inaccurate and I preferred the first version but I'm going to defend HT here. I don't think they're responsible. It must be in the DC contract. Look at all the Supes that have been released over the years. None of them, even those supposed to be Reeve, have been accurate. I think DC is behind this. Same for the blue (always too dark!). They probably have licenced the "correct" colors they want Supes to wear and the merchandising companies probably haven't got a lot of leeway here...

all in all, I'm starting to very much like this fig! :D

Other things I've noticed.

Is it me or have they replaced the one-way stretch fabric with two-way stretch fabric?

When you enhance the S-logo, you see this is actually not a back line but rather a ridge. the black may just be a shadow (?) and that ridge already existed on the prototype. Just seems higher and darker here...

Back