1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd share this here too. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419687005.790870.jpg

How does Zod look without his armor, jedijim? Does he have the same body as Superman? Thinking about maybe picking up another one at some point and taking off the armor. I'm actually kind of surprised I haven't really seen many customs without the armor. Anyone know if someone makes his shield to put on his chest?

It's not the same body. A little different. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419838815.886015.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419838825.773311.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419838834.811768.jpg
I actually prefer it without the armor but that's me. I had to use a set of Superman boots, gauntlets, collar, and belt pieces cause he comes with none of those.

I wanted to give him the same height proportions as supes. It would have looked weird with a Zod shorter than Kal. I bought some Jorel boots but they look way too short even for the shorter legs. And yes Zods arms are a bit shorter. Though as you can see the boots bump him up in height and his shoulders are higher than Kal Els. The wrist gauntlets don't fit well either onto his forearms. It's a struggle just to pop the hands on the wrist pegs.

Zod does have a better range of motion to his head though compared to Kal. I'm thinking it's the shorter hair in the back. It allows him to look straight up. Really nice for those horizontal flying poses.

I also used shorter foot pegs for Kal to bring him down a notch. That maybe throwing the comparison off a bit.

I wanted to give him the same height proportions as supes. It would have looked weird with a Zod shorter than Kal. I bought some Jorel boots but they look way too short even for the shorter legs. And yes Zods arms are a bit shorter. Though as you can see the boots bump him up in height and his shoulders are higher than Kal Els. The wrist gauntlets don't fit well either onto his forearms. It's a struggle just to pop the hands on the wrist pegs.

Zod does have a better range of motion to his head though compared to Kal. I'm thinking it's the shorter hair in the back. It allows him to look straight up. Really nice for those horizontal flying poses.

Take them off the arms, and dunk them in a cup of boiling water for a minute. Then empty the water away and place them on the wrists. They will go up to wherever you need them to be.

Looks pretty good. I'm actually about to start an armor less Zod figure. Gonna use the Jor El boots/legs tho so hopefully he's not too much shorter than Supes(although it seems nobody is as tall as he is on the shelf lol). I'll have some pics up when I get it going.

Thanks. I still need to work on his shield family crest but I'm happy with it so far.

It looks fantastic Jim!

if you wait, GeeWhiz Customs is going to be making the family crest.

"Embossed Zod Decals for 1/6 Scale Chest Emblem will be available soon from Geewhiz Customs!"
10805751_731055063643438_116173457721661856_n.jpg

Yea, it looks great too. I ordered one crest and the collar from Bleau however the crest isn't exactly accurate. In the movie his crest is same color as suit while, from what It looks in pics at least, gee whiz' is a little more silver in it. I'm gonna play with some neoprene and see what I can make before I use the crest from gee whiz.

I just ordered a Zod head thinking at some point I might just pick up another Superman, paint/dye the suit black and pop the head on that, but then I realized I can't take the cape off without there being two holes left in the suit... :slap Rookie mistake. Not a huge deal as it will be good to have the Zod head as this is a custom I want to do, but I'm not a fan of the look of the body they used for Zod when the armor is off so being able to pop it onto the Superman body would have been ideal. I suppose I could get a black cape and it would be the dream sequence look, but would really like to have the look from the final battle. Really wish this line had been more successful so we could have seen an armorless Zod variant.

I just ordered a Zod head thinking at some point I might just pick up another Superman, paint/dye the suit black and pop the head on that, but then I realized I can't take the cape off without there being two holes left in the suit... :slap Rookie mistake. Not a huge deal as it will be good to have the Zod head as this is a custom I want to do, but I'm not a fan of the look of the body they used for Zod when the armor is off so being able to pop it onto the Superman body would have been ideal. I suppose I could get a black cape and it would be the dream sequence look, but would really like to have the look from the final battle. Really wish this line had been more successful so we could have seen an armorless Zod variant.

you can still do that.
The gaps aren't that big in the superman figure and can be filled.

Whats wrong with it having the cape? He does have it during the dream/interrogation sequence...

Sorry for the crappy screenshot...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420320294811.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420320294811.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 366
Anybody trying using the Superman body in the Zod suit? Might give that a wurl if I find one for a decent price. Bi agree Zod without armour looks a little meh and I know he wasn't jacked like Supes, but if it looks good, why not.

Whats wrong with it having the cape? He does have it during the dream/interrogation sequence...

Sorry for the crappy screenshot...

Nothing wrong with the cape look, really, but like I said I'd just prefer the capeless final battle look. Especially if I was using a Superman body as the two figures on the same shelf might look a bit too similar to each other if both had a cape. Using the final battle look would give it a little variety.

you can still do that.
The gaps aren't that big in the superman figure and can be filled.

That's true. At first when I was thinking of the holes I was actually thinking of them after the collar mod, but if it's just removing the cape it doesn't look too bad.

Back