1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Onesixthbruce is selling Zod for £110 at the moment. Picked one up tonight, couldn't not at that price :)

I'd really love to pick up this figure sometime. I'm not the biggest fan of the sculpt, although it's an excellent likeness. Forgive me if this has been suggested already, but has anyone considered modifying the DC Collectibles Zod headsculpt? I doubt it would be an easy task. I'd prefer a neutral expression. I don't know if it would be worth it, but I think the statue has a good likeness. Thoughts?

I'd really love to pick up this figure sometime. I'm not the biggest fan of the sculpt, although it's an excellent likeness. Forgive me if this has been suggested already, but has anyone considered modifying the DC Collectibles Zod headsculpt? I doubt it would be an easy task. I'd prefer a neutral expression. I don't know if it would be worth it, but I think the statue has a good likeness. Thoughts?

It's a different size from the HT one.
Just get on the list for the Creg one.

attachment.php

I have two of these Zods. The idea is to make three out of two

- One will be the stock figure with neutral head
- The second will be the stock figure without armor and angry head to make the final battle scene
- I will sew up a suit on a KP 03 and put the armor parts and helmet on the third figure

Any tips on how to give him stronger ankles

The ankles aren't to blame. It's the poseable toe caps.
Do you own a set of side cutters/snips?
If so, *gently* use them to remove the pegs on either side of the toe caps(These are only slightly glued, and can be removed with a little bit of pressure). They are the little round pieces on either side of the toe pivot.
Take both out of each boot(But do one at a time), and when you have the toe cap off, you will see it's hollow. you can use blu tack or simple tissue to fill up the toe cap of the boot. Keep testing it back on the boot, and when it goes on but is TIGHT, put the pegs back in. You will still have articulation, but there will be a little bit of pressure needed to move the foot. And this is what will stabilise the figure when it's standing.
It solves the problem.
I can show pics if you want.

The ankles aren't to blame. It's the poseable toe caps.
Do you own a set of side cutters/snips?
If so, *gently* use them to remove the pegs on either side of the toe caps(These are only slightly glued, and can be removed with a little bit of pressure). They are the little round pieces on either side of the toe pivot.
Take both out of each boot(But do one at a time), and when you have the toe cap off, you will see it's hollow. you can use blu tack or simple tissue to fill up the toe cap of the boot. Keep testing it back on the boot, and when it goes on but is TIGHT, put the pegs back in. You will still have articulation, but there will be a little bit of pressure needed to move the foot. And this is what will stabilise the figure when it's standing.
It solves the problem.
I can show pics if you want.
OK I see so you tried this and it works so this guy has no feet or no toes to be specific.

If you have pics that would be great

I actually took these pics the next day but forgot to post them... The Zod HERESY image in the Marty McFly thread reminded me, lol.
Anyway, here's the breakdown. Just push in a bunch of blu tack into the "toe cap" and keep test fitting it till the fit is tight. Then replace the pegs.
If you want to make things semi-permanent, after putting the blu tack in there(And seeing how mych is required to fill the gap), you could use a hot glue gun to add a similar amount, pop it together and then the front end will be very stiff and solve the problem. And if you ever want to remove it, just put the toe-cap in boiling water and pop the hot glue out.
Here are the pics.

57386246-B5F2-4E66-A33D-80D8BEBB375C.jpg

4C8C4255-C706-4470-8E16-B5CB57E7F42D.jpg

DE96E274-889C-4413-8FDE-C3465DA349C5.jpg

CB094335-1546-475B-AC76-A81E2917E4D6.jpg

932B7A42-6CC6-4DAB-BD3B-91165736C136.jpg

D90C49FB-8EBE-40C3-9D12-410C677B3044.jpg

962EE750-4F8A-42F3-8C80-19AD2C398D1B.jpg

Hum I will have to try this as the figure need to be able to show he is getting in to throw down with the man of steel.

ZOD is currently on sale right now for bout $151.00 :horror at Go Hastings so I naturally had to pick one up. :yess: Glad I finally picked him up, supes was getting a bit lonely on my shelf...

Looking for
Supes boots,
zod black suit
Supes blue suit (no cape is ok)
please pm me if you have some for sale.

Is there an alternative than geewhiz for Zods emblem? Its very expensive.
Would be cool if someone could do/cast some.

Last edited:
Just received Zod today and also received a free Jor El!!! Zoe is just as great as everyone said, I will def post pictures later :D

Just received Zod today and also received a free Jor El!!! Zoe is just as great as everyone said, I will def post pictures later :D

That's awesome, congrats:hi5: I got a free Hot Toys Angelica with my DX13 a couple of years ago, its pretty exciting to get a free HT figure unexpectedly:)

Back