1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The armor isn't officially removable but I bet it can be removed. However, from pics, it won't have the proper neckline/cape connector area nor the chest emblem so it would be pointless. You'd be better off buying a second superman selling the head, base, access; then, buy a second Zod sculpt and dye the superman suit and cape black and try your best to sculpt a Zod glyph chest emblem. Too much work IMO for something that rings of an easy convention exclusive for HT to do

:lol It's one of those things that we are hoping for but, as snoop says, it more-than-likely isn't. Which s a shame.

Still a knockout figure though.

Yeah it would be awesome if the armor was removable. But if it was, I think HT would've advertised it.

More excited for this than any IM release, thinking of selling all my tdk stuff to buy these, and as others have said black suit versions are a must, and obviously faora. Would you guys also buy the bigger guy? Ive heard the name namek thrown around, not sure if thats it

Namek is correct. There is an action figure set out there with him in it. And yes, I would definitely buy him (despite extra cost and size) and Faora too! :lecture :pray:

No Lois, no Daily Planet people, no Superman's mother [either one]. No Krypton council people, no soldiers, none of that.

Not until we see daylight with my girl FAORA. Y'all hear?

If the body suit's anything like what came with avengers black widow and catwoman it shouldn't hinder poseability that much. Really, if he shares a body with supes then his bulging thigh muscles will get more in the way of posing.

Too bad that's true no matter what, because of the head sculpt.

tumblr_m12qm6g7SS1r1ov0uo1_400.gif

:lol

He'll need to if we ever get a Terence Stamp.

Oh pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft lol

Stamp Zod was all "behold my unflappable coolness, kneel you primates" and Shannon Zod is all <<throws a pickup truck through your crib in a fit of temper>>. He's a man of action! My money is on Shannon Zod, because although it has been a while since I have seen the Stamp version the Shannon one has QUITE the temper.

Plus his costume is way cooler :yess:

Shannon's great and one of the high points of the film. But Stamp IS General Zod. The character was a non-entity in the comics before SUPERMAN II. He was just one of dozens of Phantom Zone villains, with little personality, before Stamp turned him into a cultural icon. Modern comic portrayals (which influenced MOS) are based directly on Stamp's characterization.

The only reason he was used in MOS, is because he's generally the best known Superman villain to moviegoers after Lex.

This isn't like the Joker, who was a powerhouse in the comics, decades before Jack and Heath left their marks. In this case, Donner, Mankiewicz, Puzo and Stamp more or less created the character as pop culture remembers him.

Shannon definitely deserves a figure. His look is very toyetic, and the guy is a master of playing bat-**** crazy. But Stamp was a cool, vicious aristocrat who could say a lot by doing very little. If you're making one Zod, make both.

Oh pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft lol

Stamp Zod was all "behold my unflappable coolness, kneel you primates" and Shannon Zod is all <<throws a pickup truck through your crib in a fit of temper>>. He's a man of action! My money is on Shannon Zod, because although it has been a while since I have seen the Stamp version the Shannon one has QUITE the temper.

Plus his costume is way cooler :yess:

Shannon's great and one of the high points of the film. But Stamp IS General Zod. The character was a non-entity in the comics before SUPERMAN II. He was just one of dozens of Phantom Zone villains, with little personality, before Stamp turned him into a cultural icon. Modern comic portrayals (which influenced MOS) are based directly on Stamp's characterization.

The only reason he was used in MOS, is because he's generally the best known Superman villain to moviegoers after Lex.

This isn't like the Joker, who was a powerhouse in the comics, decades before Jack and Heath left their marks. In this case, Donner, Mankiewicz, Puzo and Stamp more or less created the character as pop culture remembers him.

Shannon definitely deserves a figure. His look is very toyetic, and the guy is a master of playing bat-**** crazy. But Stamp was a cool, vicious aristocrat who could say a lot by doing very little. If you're making one Zod, make both.

I cannot fault either of those two summations. Stamp/Zod was the primped and pampered lord, who was spoilt and vain and very quickly aware of which was his 'good' side and if you missed it...oh dear lordy, you were in trouble...whereas, Shannon/Zod was the cold professional that could kill with a glance.

I have space on my shelf for both interpretations and enjoyed them both very much. Stamp for his seemingly effete but actually majorly dangerous style, and Shannon for his cold fury, barely contained.

I cannot fault either of those two summations. Stamp/Zod was the primped and pampered lord, who was spoilt and vain and very quickly aware of which was his 'good' side and if you missed it...oh dear lordy, you were in trouble...whereas, Shannon/Zod was the cold professional that could kill with a glance.

You don't say.. :lol

mos-zod-laser.jpg

I have space on my shelf for both interpretations and enjoyed them both very much. Stamp for his seemingly effete but actually majorly dangerous style, and Shannon for his cold fury, barely contained.

tumblr_mnj02iPf3C1rpg96xo1_500.gif

...Do we not all feel the exact same way about paperwork?!!

I would not at all mind it HT decided to make Stamp/Zod. Given their serious Iron Man fetish, however, I am amazed we are even getting the most recent version.

we probably wont get Faora, but we'll get fifty Iron Man BUSTS. Yippee. :banghead

So we've established the armour isn't removable, but what about the cape? I'm judging by the description that the cape is not a one piece part of the costume?

Back