1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It won't hurt HT at all. HT just decided not to give us all the satisfaction now. Why release all in one complete figure when HT thinks of issuing multiple version. Say with snarly HS or HS with light up figures. Same thing with Kal lol..

I imagine seeing Kal in DX version. Angry face and light up eyes with extra clothing for Daily Planet. And yes also the glasses :)

He was in Daily Planet for like less than 1 minute in the entire film haha. I can't imagine they'll make one of him just for that. Maybe for the MoS2 but I think a Christopher Reeve DX is more likely. :yess:

If they do do one, I'll hate myself for opening mine, but other members here have said $270 shipped was a good deal, so for anyone interested, new un-boxing pics @dwkungfustar.blogspot.com. More pics to come soon~

didn't see this close up posted so sorry if it was and I missed it. But I really see Shannon here:
1234973_546409912098663_1991107384_n.jpg

This still looks terrific; just completely maniacal. But I just got done watching "The Iceman" and now I know even more that the last thing Shannon needs is a maniacal expression in order to look threatening. Good God. The man embodies "threat" just by showing up.

Which is a huge compliment btw :)

I do want a calmer version of Zod. But I want Faora FIRST.

It won't hurt HT at all. HT just decided not to give us all the satisfaction now. Why release all in one complete figure when HT thinks of issuing multiple version. Say with snarly HS or HS with light up figures. Same thing with Kal lol..

I imagine seeing Kal in DX version. Angry face and light up eyes with extra clothing for Daily Planet. And yes also the glasses :)
If Hot Toys makes a second Kal figure I wouldn't mind seeing them do a Clark of some kind. Preferably the bearded look with the street clothes. Could be a cool exclusive. I don't really see a second Superman version being made though just to have a angry face and heat vision eyes.

This still looks terrific; just completely maniacal. But I just got done watching "The Iceman" and now I know even more that the last thing Shannon needs is a maniacal expression in order to look threatening. Good God. The man embodies "threat" just by showing up.

No, I totally get it. It's one of Shannon's strongest abilities. I would love there to be a calmer head-sculpt too.

The movie is slowly fading from my memory. Wasn't a big fan of it or any of Snyder's work... although our team might get hired for their next installment in 2015 so we may end up working for him.

That's like not remembering that Soylent Green is people.:lol

But at any rate, it's ok to have a bit of a laugh from time to time.:)

That's like not remembering that Soylent Green is people.:lol

But at any rate, it's ok to have a bit of a laugh from time to time.:)

LOL It's funny because I haven't seen that yet I know that quote for some reason!

What does your team do?

Stunt work. I posted some pictures of our team somewhere else on this board from The Dark Knight Rises, Captain America: Winter Solider to name 2 comic-book films we worked on recently among other films/TV shows. Our stunt coordinator said we might work on the new MoS2 which is interesting because I'm not a fan of Zack Snyder's works but I'm curious to experience his direction.

Speaking of working on films, I didn't work stunts for it but I worked background for Premium Rush which starred Shannon. He was amazing, even for a mediocre film, he really brought a lot of energy along with humor to his part. I wish I could've seen the maniacal eyes-popping-out expression that he did for MoS in person, but our scene wasn't that intense. Nevertheless, he was always joking with us during break as well, really nice, snarky guy.

Our stunt coordinator said we might work on the new MoS2 which is interesting because I'm not a fan of Zack Snyder's works but I'm curious to experience his direction.

I bet if you don't despise craploads of green screen work, you'll probably enjoy the experience.:lol

Cool. I was an extra for TDKR at the Wall Street Cops vs Mercs scene and ASM2 for a Times Square scene. I only did two days of the ASM2 shoot though, as a non-union extra we get paid a lot less than union and pro stunt guys like you do...personally, it's not worth it for me to take off from work to spend most of the day waiting around, unless I'm a big fan of the character (being a bigger Batman fan than Spider-man, I would've happily done TDKR extra work for free).

MAn of steel Ht doesn't look calm and peaceful... he looks pissed off. So i think with certain angles and lighting the angry zod face will look great against him. Just get mos in a pose with his head tilted down a bit and he looks really pissed off.

The movie is slowly fading from my memory. Wasn't a big fan of it or any of Snyder's work... although our team might get hired for their next installment in 2015 so we may end up working for him.

Our team was just hired by them as well.

Our team was just hired by them as well.

Nice! We're still in negotiations last I heard a week ago. It would be nice to work together though from experience, they usually have different teams do different stunts and one unit is always working together. Anyways, I'll keep you posted!

Cool. I was an extra for TDKR at the Wall Street Cops vs Mercs scene and ASM2 for a Times Square scene. I only did two days of the ASM2 shoot though, as a non-union extra we get paid a lot less than union and pro stunt guys like you do...personally, it's not worth it for me to take off from work to spend most of the day waiting around, unless I'm a big fan of the character (being a bigger Batman fan than Spider-man, I would've happily done TDKR extra work for free).

You should definitely join the union for better pay and benefits, plus you get to meet and interact with the "VIPs" behind-the-scenes on set (director, producers, actors, etc)! But if it's not your profession, then you'd probably be losing money if you're not working a lot of gigs.

MAn of steel Ht doesn't look calm and peaceful... he looks pissed off. So i think with certain angles and lighting the angry zod face will look great against him. Just get mos in a pose with his head tilted down a bit and he looks really pissed off.

:goodpost: :exactly:

I think they were like that for most of the duel scenes.
Superman looking somewhat pissed and Zod looking like he's lost his mind.

I don't think they would make anyone else save for maybe Lois, but her role in the film was maybe akin to Jonathan Kent, maybe a bit more. I feel like HT might cash in on a Black suit Kal-El as an exclusive or something, but it will be interesting to see what they will announce. Faora is almost definitely guaranteed to be coming soon.

Black suit versions of Zod and Sups I think are guaranteed just more of a matter of when. But yea, Faora needs to come next. Hopefully a glimpse of her at the Tokyo convention coming up (though it seems to be 300% geared toward iron man :gah:)

Looking GREAT!!

To reiterate I most certainly do want to get this most ferocious version of Zod.... I just want ALSO a calmer version too..... I cant decide if he should wear the black skinsuit or the Council-chamber armor..... which would be totally swoon-worthy.

But before we get two Zods....one Faora please.

Back