Mondo: Spider-Man The Animated Series: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it can’t do poses that Marvel Legends Spider-Man could, like the 4-point signature crouch.

Gambit had 5 heads, magneto, rogue, Batman and so on... I just can't see why this is 240?

Maybe a future Spider-Man variant release will have more accessories - I was expecting more too but still PO’d to secure the Limited.

Mondo collectors in general don’t seem to believe this new release is a good value because the Limited is still up for PO nearly 1.5 hours later - the Rogue Limited sold out in less than 5 minutes but that had more sculpts and cool Sentinel base.

Forgot to set my alarm, I woke up 1/2 hour after the PO went live this morning, thinking I missed out on the Limited. :lol

Last edited:
Looks like it can’t do poses that Marvel Legends Spider-Man could, like the 4-point signature crouch.
Articulation has never been one of Mondo’s strong suits, who lean more towards form over function.

I don’t mind that much because I’m more of an aesthetics over articulation collector (in video games, I prefer higher resolution over frame rate) and normally display with “no crazy poses” (as Justin would say :lol).

But I empathize with those that want more articulation - sometimes I buy the 1/12 equivalent for dynamic poses (since Mondo & Hot Toys have limited articulation or materials that deteriorate).

Articulation has never been one of Mondo’s strong suits, who lean more towards form over function.

I don’t mind that much because I’m more of an aesthetics over articulation collector (in video games, I prefer higher resolution over frame rate) and normally display with “no crazy poses” (as Justin would say :lol).

But I empathize with those that want more articulation - sometimes I buy the 1/12 equivalent for dynamic poses (since Mondo & Hot Toys have limited articulation or materials that deteriorate).
Form vs function.

I prefer to articulate my figs and keep them in a dynamic pose, hot toys just cannot do it....due to cloth stretching, tearing, losing form.

I appreciate Mondo being a bigger legends in a way in that I can keep it in a pose and never have to worry about something ripping, tearing, losing elasticity or flaking.

I am not sure the true articulation of Mondo Spidey, but it's better than Hot Toys already.

Funny enough, as limited as it is, this is probably the most articulated figure they've done. :lol Spidey actually has double jointed elbow and knees, which the other figures don't. I think the only thing really holding it back is the lack of proper ab articulation. Which they probably went light on so that it didn't look like a mess.

LtzMX4x.jpeg

Funny enough, as limited as it is, this is probably the most articulated figure they've done. :lol Spidey actually has double jointed elbow and knees, which the other figures don't. I think the only thing really holding it back is the lack of proper ab articulation. Which they probably went light on so that it didn't look like a mess.

LtzMX4x.jpeg
I think mondo did the right thing here with the abs. I find Ab joints and thigh cuts some of the worst looking points of articulation.

Having the torso ball joints and torso waist joints look better. The double joints are nice enough here. Look better than their other releases....

This would be a great release with more head sculpts. They did a "what if" head with Nada(THEY LOVE) but couldn't do a McFarlane, J Scott Campbell, Romita, Ditko extra heads to give us more value here?

Back