MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silly question, but is it just the “Timed” edition being shipped or is the standard edition being shipped too?
I missed out on the Timed edition so I went for the standard. Haven’t seen any standard reviews thus far. Curious.

Silly question, but is it just the “Timed” edition being shipped or is the standard edition being shipped too?
I missed out on the Timed edition so I went for the standard. Haven’t seen any standard reviews thus far. Curious.
It seems like it's only the timed editions going out. No other retailers has the regular edition in stock either

That looks a lot better.

It spurred me to shorten the hose on mine, so I started looking at photos to judge how long it should be. I don't think it's stated in the technical manual, though it's not a searchable PDF.

On the off chance I Googled M2A1-7 hose length, and the first result was this page with complete specifications:

https://dockeryarmory.com/m2a1-7-flamethrower/

LENGTH (HOSE) – 95.3 cm (37.5 in)

i.e., 15.88 cm or 6.25" in 1/6.
The DID M2 Flame Thrower is well done, I used it for my kitbash MacReady some years ago. I recall the only alteration from the WWII M2 was the gun used in Vietnam, the thing is I could be wrong.

My standard version is one of those currently stuck in Ohio right now.

Looks amazing Adama! Do you mind me asking where you obtained the hoodie from? It looks perfect colour wise!
Thanks! I found the blue hoodie months ago on ebay, whilst collecting together parts for this MacReady I wanted to mod.
It's from the MMS426 Hot Toys Spiderman Homecoming figure.

The hoodie is nice and thin, so can easily be layered beneath the flightsuit & jacket. :)

1725199294764.png

Um guys, check your DHL status...

View attachment 723731
Ridiculous. I'm on my 14th Clearance event and now mine says

Further Detail

"Shipment cannot be cleared and permission to re-export back to origin is available. Return entry is being processed by clearance"

So they are sending them back? What a joke this whole thing has been. MONDO needs to stop using DHL or ship from the USA to avoid the customs BS!

Does mondo send everything this way? Seems pretty unsustainable to use a method this onerous and frustrating to customers. Some China based companies like showz use shipping that takes up to a month to arrive, but it's expected and you pay for that option.

Does mondo send everything this way? Seems pretty unsustainable to use a method this onerous and frustrating to customers. Some China based companies like showz use shipping that takes up to a month to arrive, but it's expected and you pay for that option.
I think it depends on the item. I got a Vinyl Figure form them once and it was painless. I believe it was UPS or FedEx that delivered.

Back