Morpheus from Matrix . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ayy sorry bout the delay. I know it was scheduled for mid-October but the sunglasses are taking a bit of time because it takes 2-3 days for the impact resin to cure so that they don't break so easily. I think they should be on the way to Kuato already though,:)

theyve actualy already been made by talented repainter and sculptor, Kuato (chris caraveo)
He will also paint all of them as well
I post a quick pic of the progress photos

and they are....

here! :)
sunglassesy.jpg

The wait for finished pics is killing me :thud:

Just curious, did Greggo ever try printing the ties on a more silken material?

Sick. Now may I ask exactly how do they stay on the face? Is it a balancing act or is there enough surface contact that they won't slip when reposing the head?

the middle connector helps it stay on but also, it is a bit of a balance act. We experimented with having the bottom part of the sunglasses a little thicker so that in a way, the sunglasses would be resting on the cheeks a bit. However, those are staying on by themselves as you see in the pic.

Since the sunglasses are removable, it will be pretty easy to knock them off if you're not careful. If we made them "snap" onto the sculpt, it would rub the paint off, so these just rest on the sculpt

Can't wait to see finished pictures of this figure.
For me though, I wouldn't mind if the glasses didn't
come off at all. Since he's in the Matrix and that's his
look most of the time in there.

:mad: I bet the Matrix fans are PO'd now that we know, HT in fact
isn't doing Neo(HT bent spoon ad) for the 10th anniversary
release.

:) But also, that Daniel & Kato are happy, now they can really
go forward on their Neo without racing to beat HT to market
with it.

hey everyone,
a slight road bump as well with payment options (kind of)

i recently got an email from paypal asking me to stop asking others to send me personal payments.
it was like a warning message and they said if I keep receiving such after nov 11, there will be restrictions on my account. I'm hoping that the preorders do happen before that, obviously,
but most likely, I will encourage people to just do it the regular purchase paypal way and if they really want the free unpainted (neckless) morpheus head, they can send a personal payment to my brother's (not so much activity) account, and then later he can send me that as a personal payment (which is valid, since family and friends are allowed)

if anyone has a better idea, do let me know.
for a figure that's $750-$820, the fees are killer.

hey everyone,
a slight road bump as well with payment options (kind of)

i recently got an email from paypal asking me to stop asking others to send me personal payments.
it was like a warning message and they said if I keep receiving such after nov 11, there will be restrictions on my account. I'm hoping that the preorders do happen before that, obviously,
but most likely, I will encourage people to just do it the regular purchase paypal way and if they really want the free unpainted (neckless) morpheus head, they can send a personal payment to my brother's (not so much activity) account, and then later he can send me that as a personal payment (which is valid, since family and friends are allowed)

if anyone has a better idea, do let me know.
for a figure that's $750-$820, the fees are killer.

They can't actually stop you from doing that and
they want the fee's.

However, are you using the invoice format or just
using money request?

Because there is no limit to how many or how much an invoice can be.
It just has to have detailed info on it for the item being paid for.

I think they're just protecting their arse's, thinking
to many or to much of large payments for a custom item could
look strange and have potential risk for illegal activity.
One of their computer programs looks for stuff
like that. So yes, you've been profiled by a computer program..:lol

If you don't already, just invoice everything.
Once you're on paypal,
click the request money tab, then create invoice under
that tab. You'll see how easy it is after that. The best part
is, once that invoice is saved, you can use it over and over
by just changing who it goes to and any other info on it you want.

Only other thing; it depends on what type of Paypal account you have.
If it's a preferred account backed up & certified by a checking account, the
restrictions will all but be lifted.

Either way, hope that helps.
They'll get their fee's and be happy because
everything is more formal in the invoice format
or they just want you to upgrade your account.

Last edited:
Hey Ike,
actually yes I've been using the invoice (add to cart) option for my heads and it does work. But the fees are huge, and regretfully, I didn't budget the cost of the figure with a $30-$40 fee in mind haha.

However, there are some good news for everyone,
Ray suggested that Sideshow Lando 's gripping hands are perfect for some iconic poses for Morpheus.
The regular Hot Toys adv. Truetype body does not come with such hands (only trigger hands), but the Sideshow ones do fit quite well.

It's quite difficult to find anymore than 10 of those loose,
I'm going to see if I can get the gripping hands casted and included in every full figure set. It was NOT originally budgeted in the price, but I would really like to include this for everyone since Ray said it makes quite a different for posing :)

:) But also, that Daniel & Kato are happy, now they can really
go forward on their Neo without racing to beat HT to market
with it.

:exactly: Curious to see what all comes out of this beautiful business arrangement. I just know you guys are going to think about doing the twins at some point.

I was wondering what you would be using for the sword gripping hand, great idea! Is that the Lando hand featured here in this pic?

cimg2208j.jpg

updates very soon :)

yes I will be including a free left gripping hand (though this was not included in the budget ) for every full figure set!

Back