NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've even seen large AVP Preds from McFarlane still sitting on shelves. I swear, the few times I bought 18" figures the store was probably ready to give me money for taking it off their hands, the comic shop I get them at has them up on the highest possible shelf so they're still around to be seen and bought, but way out of the way of stuff that moves. Even NECA 7" figures will peg warm, I don't know if it's reflection of popularity of the stuff or if NECA just overproduces some things, but I still can find AVPR figures around. The horror and the T2 stuff has moved the best in the shops I frequent that sell NECA.

It's the licenses. The Aliens in AvP-R were terrible looking, the figures were cool, but the design sucked. The Predalien looked like it's film counterpart.....so same issue. The only one that sold is The Wolf. Only because he's a Predator. Predators always go first.

Execpt that Scar. No one liked him. He was alright. Pose was weird though.

That interesting because actually, Wolf is the AVPR figure I find warming the pegs, rarely see the Alien or Predalien floating around.

Wolf might have done better with a good pose, the pose they went with was a bit awkward, these new Preds have better poses, the P1 is fantastic.

Huh...all I see are Predaliens. LOL. I got my Wolf online.

Was it the later Wolf's? Open mouth/cloaked? Because if so, that makes sense.

I think if NECA did something similar to the Lord of the Rings Balrog figure with an 18" Predator, it could be a success.

The Balrog was basically only sold through online retailers like Corner Store Comics and BBTS, and never went to the brick and mortar stores that carried figures back then. I think NECA produced just enough to fulfill the pre-orders on those websites and that was it. It also came in a plain box with no art or window to save on cost as well since it wasn't designed to display on a store shelf.

Huh...all I see are Predaliens. LOL. I got my Wolf online.

Was it the later Wolf's? Open mouth/cloaked? Because if so, that makes sense.

Never really paid much attention, I noticed it when the Alien and Aliens figures were coming out and I'd come to the NECA rack and see the packaging, which is all pretty similar, and think it was the new figures and be let down, oh, it's just Wolf.

I think if NECA did something similar to the Lord of the Rings Balrog figure with an 18" Predator, it could be a success.

The Balrog was basically only sold through online retailers like Corner Store Comics and BBTS, and never went to the brick and mortar stores that carried figures back then. I think NECA produced just enough to fulfill the pre-orders on those websites and that was it. It also came in a plain box with no art or window to save on cost as well since it wasn't designed to display on a store shelf.

That's a possiblity, but if what Kyle's said about Predators costing more is true, then I would think NECA would feel you have to make a certain number with hopes to sell them all to recoup the investment, not sure a small, limited release like you've mentioned would pay.

Does anyone know if there is a certain day that Toysrus puts new stuff out on the shelves? I have a bad feeling that I am going to be looking in that store every day this week lol.

The Predaliens, I occasionally see. The Aliens, not at all. I think the reason why there are still plenty of Preds all over the place is because they made so damn many of 'em. The variants are cool, but no one's gonna buy every single one of them. Maybe two or three tops. For me, I only buy my favorite variant of each...

Anyhow, is there a specific day that the figures are hitting shelves this week, or does it depend on what day the store updates its inventory?

It depends on the store in my experience. The one I go to usually gets stuff on Wednesday night and it's out on the floor on Thursday.

Who the heck would preorder from bigbadtoystore or others when when you can go to local stores and pick these up sooner and probably slightly cheaper. Something tells me these aren't going to retail for $14.99 each. Again bigbadtoystore says orders ship in August! Who'd wait if they'll be available sooner???

both of my local comic shops have shelves in the back loaded with dusty 18" NECA figures.
some are $40, most are marked down to $15-$20. nobody buys them. for years.
they're too big for most collections in general and too small or too cheap for high-end collectors.

i don't get what NECA is trying to prove by making 18" scale figures when there is already a huge and well-established 1:6 scale collector's market.
oh well, more $$ for Hot Toys.

That's a possiblity, but if what Kyle's said about Predators costing more is true, then I would think NECA would feel you have to make a certain number with hopes to sell them all to recoup the investment, not sure a small, limited release like you've mentioned would pay.

I think what it will all come down to is how well the 6" Predator figures do at retail. If they make a lot of money and sell through quickly, I'd say our chances of getting a 12" or 18" Predator will increase quite a bit. I think the cost probably goes down as well for them when they just scale up an already existing figure since a lot of the planning and design work is no longer there since it's just the same figure in a larger size.

both of my local comic shops have shelves in the back loaded with dusty 18" NECA figures.
some are $40, most are marked down to $15-$20. nobody buys them. for years.
They're too big for most collections in general and too small or too cheap for high-end collectors.

i don't get what NECA is trying to prove by making 18" scale figures when there is already a huge and well-established 1:6 scale collector's market.

This comment is spot on. NECA needs to look at the viability of 18" figs in today's 1:6 scale focused market.

NECA needs to look at the viability of 18" figs in today's 1:6 scale focused market.
yeah, i could understand NECA making limited/commemorative edition 18" scale versions of their figures that sold like crazy in 6" and 12" scale first. but, just to fart out 18" figures for the hell of it, and in some cases never make them in smaller scales, is silly.

Yes, HOT TOYS 12" market are well-established but NECAS market is 6" and 18", so give us the Predator 1 in 18 " :panic:

It would be a dream for many many PREDATOR fans, we waiting so long.:monkey2

Does anyone know if there is a certain day that Toysrus puts new stuff out on the shelves? I have a bad feeling that I am going to be looking in that store every day this week lol.

Yeah Im in Tampa and the TRU near me gets there trucks on Friday, so it all depends really. I actually called them and just asked "when do you get your trucks".

Would a Predator really be more costly to produce than the Balrog, though?

Back