NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@necronomic: Again, you're posting a YouTube link to a review of a figure nearly two times bigger than the NECA.
Anyway, to each their own. I need to unwind... watch Chopped tonight, or something.

I know, it's really more like a $500 custom paint job than a production piece.

Five hundred seems too much, seems like a Sideshow PF and those don't reach $500, I don't think. I don't follow PF's very much, but I do know that they are mixed materials and the Prototype has mixed materials.

Five hundred seems too much, seems like a Sideshow PF and those don't reach $500, I don't think. I don't follow PF's very much, but I do know that they are mixed materials and the Prototype has mixed materials.

I said a $500 custom job. Good custom paints, especially for a full figure rapainted, roughly 12" tall. PFs cost $300+ for something like a Predator and those are mass produced where costs can be spread out. It costs $50-$100 just to have a 1/6 head repaint, so really, $500 for a full Predator done right isn't nuts.

Oh, the world we live in. Even the CM has its issues... :gah:

Anyway, figured that at this time, it'd be best to get all of the catalog shots together. What was once this:

Predators.jpg

is now this:

ClassicPredator.jpg
FalconerPredator.jpg
BerserkerPredator.jpg

Hopefully, we'll get some HQ packaged pics of the Falconer and Berserker, just like we did with the Classic today. The pics are so big that it's the best way to judge the final product without actually buying it. MORE MOC PICS, NECA!

Last edited:
I said a $500 custom job. Good custom paints, especially for a full figure rapainted, roughly 12" tall. PFs cost $300+ for something like a Predator and those are mass produced where costs can be spread out. It costs $50-$100 just to have a 1/6 head repaint, so really, $500 for a full Predator done right isn't nuts.

Oh, I got what you meant. But I still felt $500, but I also don't know custom rates. And by PF I meant it looks like it could be a PF by the quality and size.

I wonder why they changed the pose for Classic but not the pose for the other two...

Probably that the other 2 were done before the classic was ready, pretty classic is a silhouette of one of the SDCC photos.

Actually it's ToyFair 2010, not SDCC :monkey3.

Wonder how long it'll be until we get the original Predator movie figs... these new ones look fantastic, for sure. But I'm psyched to see the others, since I know NECA will KILL McFarlane on the P2.

Well, again, I absolutely love these figs.

Hopefully they come out this week like its been hinted at.

And, that series 2 isn't too far behind.

Well, since as of Toy Fair, P2 hadn't even been started, we're just seeing Predators now, I'm guessing fall for the P1s, hopefully we won't have to wait until the P2 for Elder, and I'd guess P2 stuff late 2010, early 2011.

I really can't wait for the P1, while Classic would sort of ease that, there's no point, there'll be an open mouth P1 with all the trinkets I care about, Classic is just a waste of $15-$20 because of impatience.

I disagree, I think Classic will fit nicely with the others, Mr. Black, Falconer, and Tracker. That is once I remove the upper arm armor. Still can't believe that the paper picture clearly show him without the armor but yet they included the armor.

If you're getting the PREDATORS stuff, sure, I'm not, I just want the P1 and P2 stuff, so for me, he'd just be an appetizer for the figure I really want, the pure P1, just no sense getting it just for that.

I gotcha Maul. I thought you were going to be getting everything. That makes sense, he's only half of a Predator 1 figure. Maybe more but you get what i'm saying.

Yeah, like I said, it does make sense if you have a collection of PREDATORS stuff. I may want those, I have to see the movie to decide first. Masked, the designs are pretty cool, but as cheap as NECA is, it's still not worth it to me if I'm not really into the source. I got into Wolf after I saw AVPR and I enjoyed the aspects of his character with the weapons and the mix of hunter/warrior/cleaner, as neat as his design was, if the use of it were lackluster I wouldn't have gotten anything of him either. That's why I have no AVP stuff, they just didn't do anything for me.

That makes sense. Myself, don't care about the movie as much as I do the design. The movie can blow predator plasma but I'd still be all up on the figures as long as they appeal to me.

Back