NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been times where a character design alone hooks me, Darth Maul, but with the Predators of late, Wolf's the only one that's come close to swaying me on looks alone, what sealed for me was seeing him in action though. A difference with Darth Maul as example for me would be that there were enough photos and trailer clips showing some of what he did, but with Wolf, you really didn't get any clues as to what he was capable of before seeing the movie, you just saw how he looked. One thing that swayed me with Maul was the first double-bladed saber, with Wolf, the whip was a cool feature, and the twin canons, those we saw in the trailer. I find the things I like about characters don't get shown off much in trailers for thes Alien and Predator films, they really play the creatures low key, though I'm sure even P1 and P2 did that in their day, I only ever saw them well after they'd been on home video.

NECA's Wolf was well-handled. It had its issues, but I preferred its head shape to HT's actually. And ever since then, I've had the utmost faith in NECA kicking ass as far as putting out Pred figs goes.

NECA's Wolf was well-handled. It had its issues, but I preferred its head shape to HT's actually. And ever since then, I've had the utmost faith in NECA kicking ass as far as putting out Pred figs goes.

I agree.

I really like the NECA Wolf sculpt and paint app.

My only complaint was the lack of articulation.

I still think Wolf's abdomen looks too skinny or something. But fix the seam and he was grade A. The articulation was fine, I think he could have used less though because he seemed to be in such a fixed pose that articulation made him look dumb.

To me, he was just a leaner Pred.

I had no problem with his body shape or NECA's sculpt of it.

It's definately better than anything in AvP.

Personally, I think Wolf looked even skinnier in HT form. The usual giant head (which is okay, since it's based on the suit) on top of an unusually skinny design made the final product look downright anorexic. And his head sculpt...ugh. His mandibles were all puckered and stringy.

NECA's looked less wimpy IMO. The mandibles were thicker and stronger-looking and unlike the HT version, he actually looked like something mean you wouldn't want to screw with.

Personally, I think Wolf looked even skinnier in HT form. The usual giant head (which is okay, since it's based on the suit) on top of an unusually skinny design made the final product look downright anorexic. And his head sculpt...ugh. His mandibles were all puckered and stringy.

NECA's looked less wimpy IMO. The mandibles were thicker and stronger-looking and unlike the HT version, he actually looked like something mean you wouldn't want to screw with.

Agreed. :exactly:

Yeah, the paint on all of my Wolf figures is great, if the level of quality on these new figures is at least as good as that I'll be very happy with these new figures. And from what NECA is saying, these new figures blow Wolf out of the water in every single way.

I disagree, I think Classic will fit nicely with the others, Mr. Black, Falconer, and Tracker. That is once I remove the upper arm armor. Still can't believe that the paper picture clearly show him without the armor but yet they included the armor.

What? All the Predators have armor on...

Great, great, great, the most accurate P1 Predator ever.The mcfarlane 12" is nice but this is outstanding.

...and yes off course the Hot Toys 12" looks like a bad joke in compare with this :wave

Face , Paint, Body... 100%

Now an 18" of this and uncle NECRONOMIC is happy. :yess:

you left out the part that a) this is a one-off doubled up prototype version and b) you will never get anything with that much detail in a general release

Yup. It looks cool for a 7 inch $15 toy but you can clearly see how different the final mass market product looks from the two-up prototype that everyone praised.

necapredfigs5.jpg
125811322.jpg

What? All the Predators have armor on...

The "Classic" Predator doesn't have the bicep armor/hose that runs from it to the left gauntlet. Only the original P1 has that. But it's included with NECA's figure. I think it's because NECA plans to eventually re-sell this same exact figure as the P1 from Predator. With all the bone trophies (necklace and Bandolier) and the Bio added on as an incentive to repurchase it.

Are there any photoshop wizzes out there who can put some netting on the new Preds? Either on the toys or stills from the movie itself (seeing as the movie thread is locked)?

I'm interested in seeing how much more pred-like the new ones look with netting on cos at the moment they seem so urgghhh without it.

Just saw your post. Here you go:

berserkernettingmod.png

Nothing fancy, just so you can get an idea.

Thanks. That looks sooo much better. I really don't understand why they had to mess with that integral part of the Predator design. Stan Winston is rolling in his grave.

It's actually the other 2 preds that look worse though cos of their skin.

Stan Winston is not rolling in his grave, because he didnt come up with these Predators...:lol

I mean really, these guys ARE different. They're a part of the same Predator family, but they're an entirely different design. Like it, hate it....it's all personal opinion.

But they DID include a normal Predator, that for the most part, respects Winston's design.

You want to talk ____ty? He roled in his grave 5 times after AvP, and R...and he wasnt even dead yet! :lol

Thanks. That looks sooo much better. I really don't understand why they had to mess with that integral part of the Predator design. Stan Winston is rolling in his grave.

It's actually the other 2 preds that look worse though cos of their skin.

Exuse me but at the end of Predator 2 there are more than one predator in the ship whom have no netting on they bodies.

Just saw your post. Here you go:

berserkernettingmod.png

Nothing fancy, just so you can get an idea.

Damn...I wish I hadn't seen that or you hadn't done such a damn good job on it.

Makes me realize how much I miss the netting on these new Preds.

Exuse me but at the end of Predator 2 there are more than one predator in the ship whom have no netting on they bodies.

Um.. no. Every single Predator in that scene has netting. Even Hippie (who has the least amount). The ones that appear in "Predators" are the first to have no netting in a film.

No.. actually you're wrong. Again.

631_2.jpg

You can clearly see he has netting at least on his legs. I believe he also has netting on his chest/torso but I'm not 100% sure about that. Trust me, they ALL have netting.

No.. actually you're wrong. Again.

631_2.jpg

You can clearly see he has netting at least on his legs. I believe he also has netting on his chest/torso but I'm not 100% sure about that. Trust me, they ALL have netting.

Well maybe you are right. I just checked my DVD and it looks like he has netting on his legs, but there is no net on his torso. This was what made me confused.

Back