New freddys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish you would call them what they are...."mass produced ____". :lol

Not really made for kids...and they break too fast. haha

These figures are pretty solid actually, best Neca figure line this year IMO. The headsculpting is pretty awesome, love these figures and can't wait for TDW version.

Ya know I was all for them until I saw them in the comics store. I went there with the intention to buy... and just didnt. No, its not that they suck or anything the sculpts are actually nice(aside from the eyes could be a little wonky but an easy fix) and for the price for what your getting I think its a solid buy. I guess its just I dont really collect this scale anymore and I realized that when I saw them in person:lol I dunno.. there fairly nice though and yeah nam is right, the legs do suck.:lol I tell ya though if they make a 12 inch series I'll bite just to pop the head off and give it a true 1/6 treatment.

Glad everyone is liking these figures. I passed on them. Might pick them up in the future. I am seriously hoping Neca touches on some lesser made figures like Dr. West, Pennywise, THEY LIVE!!!!! Man, I would camp at TRU for those. Trying to think of more characters and I guess Neca has really done ALOT of the genre. :rock

Now I'd buy THEY LIVE figures in any size!!!!:rock

My Part 2 Freddy arrived today and it looks great!

Here's a question, though: does Neca employ the world's most inept package designers, or are they intentionally hiding accessories with each new release? I almost didn't get Freddy because the prototype only showed the one hand. Only recently did I find out it came with a 2nd, gloved hand (I wanted a more traditional look). When the package arrived today, I had to peek between the front label and the side of the box in order to see the darned thing. Why hide it?

They did the same thing with Hannibal Lecter's restraint mask and '74 Leatherface's meat cleaver. Hiding the Lecter mask seems especially stupid because it's such an integral part of the character.

Don't they want the casual observer to buy their products? What's with the "secret toy surprise" angle??

This is why I didn't pick Freddy up the other day, I didn't see the traditional glove...Might have to go back and grab him now.

My Part 2 Freddy arrived today and it looks great!

Here's a question, though: does Neca employ the world's most inept package designers, or are they intentionally hiding accessories with each new release? I almost didn't get Freddy because the prototype only showed the one hand. Only recently did I find out it came with a 2nd, gloved hand (I wanted a more traditional look). When the package arrived today, I had to peek between the front label and the side of the box in order to see the darned thing. Why hide it?

They did the same thing with Hannibal Lecter's restraint mask and '74 Leatherface's meat cleaver. Hiding the Lecter mask seems especially stupid because it's such an integral part of the character.

Don't they want the casual observer to buy their products? What's with the "secret toy surprise" angle??

You should -- it's a great sculpt. I haven't opened mine yet so don't know how easy the gloved hand is to put on. Mine is on the left side of the package, UNDER the label.

Dumb.

part of me wants to open these but another part doesn't want to :dunno

Do you plan on re-selling it? if not, Open it ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I have somewhere between 50-75 NECA/McF 7" figures all are of which are opened...and i cannot think of one NECA/McF 7" that has made a notable gain in value in the secondary market.

You should -- it's a great sculpt. I haven't opened mine yet so don't know how easy the gloved hand is to put on. Mine is on the left side of the package, UNDER the label.

Dumb.

I did. Ended up going back and getting NOES2 Freddy, Robocop, and Masked Predator 1, along with the LEGO Millenium Falcon (TRU has a deal through Sat that if you spend $150 on LEGOS you get $40 off so I couldnt resist that!)

As for the figures. All three are GREAT! But my P1's arm broke at the elbow joint right out of the package. But I was able to fix it.

These figures are pretty solid actually, best Neca figure line this year IMO. The headsculpting is pretty awesome, love these figures and can't wait for TDW version.

But my point was, I dont think kids can go "pew pew" with Krueger. They might break. Heh.

I did. Ended up going back and getting NOES2 Freddy, Robocop, and Masked Predator 1, along with the LEGO Millenium Falcon (TRU has a deal through Sat that if you spend $150 on LEGOS you get $40 off so I couldnt resist that!)

As for the figures. All three are GREAT! But my P1's arm broke at the elbow joint right out of the package. But I was able to fix it.

I learned about that after my Elder snapped at the elbow, when i bought P1 i just held a hairdryer set on hot over the joints for like 15secs and carefully bent the joints, no problems.

But my point was, I dont think kids can go "pew pew" with Krueger. They might break. Heh.

Nah man, the figure seems really durable to me and both glove and bladed hand is not brittle at all.

I learned about that after my Elder snapped at the elbow, when i bought P1 i just held a hairdryer set on hot over the joints for like 15secs and carefully bent the joints, no problems.

See, I didnt have ANY problems with Elder, so I didnt think of it being a problem with P1, since they were from the same series. Tough lessens learned. :lol

I picked up the “Freddy’s Revenge” figure yesterday. When I was young I was proud to own the original VHS cassette of this movie and not a taped version. So growing up on “Freddy’s Revenge” it became my favorite “Nightmare” movie. I know there are many haters of ‘Revenge” saying it went tangent, but as a kid you don’t know all that.

I also liked Freddy’s character and look in this movie. It is when they improved his look form the original and before he became entertaining rather than scary!!!

Past on the “Long Arm” Freddy. Would have loved to own him but Canada Toys R US do not sell NECA movie related items so I must go with specialty store prices $22 and change after taxes....booooo!!!!

I did not pick up on the gayness my first time(must have seen it on initial VHS release since my first in the theater was Part 4).

But I recently ran through the entire series again and the gayness is pretty amazing. Still a great Freddy performance.

I just got my Neca figures today. Can't wait to crack em open.

I did not pick up on the gayness my first time(must have seen it on initial VHS release since my first in the theater was Part 4).

But I recently ran through the entire series again and the gayness is pretty amazing. Still a great Freddy performance.

I just got my Neca figures today. Can't wait to crack em open.

I remember that being a HUGE debate back in the day. Never Sleep Again pretty much put any doubt about it to rest. :lol

Back