New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, me too...Got me the better jumpsuits, fabric web-belts (just need to dye them)...Spenser's heads are with Josh Small for the paint-up treatment...just need better boots, pop it all onto HT True-Types (Except Egon, I have him reserved for the tall Buck)...and then they'll be READY!

Probably not until sometime after Zeddemore is released...but hey, 4 AWESOME GB's are almost gracing my shelves! :rock :rock :rock

Hey man, the height difference between a Tall Buck and a True Type is ridiculous! Probably almost 2 inches! I wouldn't recommend that route. As others have mentioned, Egon really isn't too much taller than Ray and Peter is only just slightly smaller. I think you'd be fine with going all Truetypes if you want.

Venkman will be popular, thus higher production #s, which may mean a very brisk seller, but not necessarily a fast sell out, like I was saying a week or 2 ago.

Egon is the rarest thus far. I also think Winston will end up being very rare.

Edit: saw some said low quantity alert...surprises me for a totally different reason than Kuzeh. I figured Matty would make a crap load of these.

Maybe they withheld the slimed head so that they can rerelease Peter down the road?

Hey man, the height difference between a Tall Buck and a True Type is ridiculous! Probably almost 2 inches! I wouldn't recommend that route. As others have mentioned, Egon really isn't too much taller than Ray and Peter is only just slightly smaller. I think you'd be fine with going all Truetypes if you want.

Thanks for the tip Prog. Guess I'll see as I'm building them up. If the Buck makes Egon ridiculously tall, I'll just put them all on True-Types.

:duff

I was going to use 3 regular bucks and the tall buck for Egon, but I needed my last tall Buck for Jayne Cobb, and considering the difference is so slight I will be using 4 regular Bucks now. It is odd though that so many of our perceptions are that Egon is much taller. Maybe its the hair? LOL.

...It is odd though that so many of our perceptions are that Egon is much taller. Maybe its the hair? LOL.

:lol:lol:lol

That must be it!

ghostbusters.jpg

Poor Ray in the cartoon... they really made him pudgy! Peter actually was given the attractive looks to match his level of self confidence. :lol

Low quantity alert on 12" Venkman.

Glad I got mine Monday afternoon!! I'm not surprised. I personally think his likeness is the closest to the actor of those released so far next being Egon and then Ray. He's number three of my top three figures I'm working on getting behind Predator 2 and DX02 Batman

It sucks that Venkman comes with nothing but an extra set of hands (useless for my bash).

I mean, Egon had glasses and the wand, Ray had the goggles... I thought Venkman was coming with a slimed head. He needs something.

Wow. What a real epic fail. I'm replacing my head too but wow, thank god I didn't buy an extra to keep in box. Thats utter rubbish.

This is their flagship figure, no? Its freaking Venkman, what everyone was waiting for. I dare say, this may do serious harm to the future of Mattel having this license.

Wow. I don't want to chickenlittle over one shot but it looks like they warped the hell out of that head. Hopefully it is a bad pic / bad sample.

If true, this is absolute bull_____. The pic advertised on the website as the figure available for order is the one on the left, not that abomination on the right. At best, that's bait and switch, at worst, fraud. I wouldn't have paid 6 dollars (never mind 60) for that piece of garbage. I'm seriously pissed off right now..

Last edited:
I think Mattels going to get alot of calls and returns on this one.

Ray looked just like Ray.

Egon's head color didn't match the body too well, but it was the same sculpt.

This looks like a 5th generation amatuer recast of the prototype. Bs.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bill Murray never gives his likeness rights again.

Back