New Hot Toys Predator2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know its not reasonable to be pissed at HT, but I paid $400 for my Battle Damaged 2 before the fig got really up there in price. I just went out on the Bay and the price has gone from $500 average to about $350/300 looks like. While I want the newer figure, it drops the mystique of the pred line way down for me, not just the value. If the Elder comes, that will go doubly.

Anyone think there would ever be a price escalation for the original 2 for completists?

I know its not reasonable to be pissed at HT, but I paid $400 for my Battle Damaged 2 before the fig got really up there in price. I just went out on the Bay and the price has gone from $500 average to about $350/300 looks like. While I want the newer figure, it drops the mystique of the pred line way down for me, not just the value. If the Elder comes, that will go doubly.

Anyone think there would ever be a price escalation for the original 2 for completists?

This is why I never pay ridiculous prices for HT figures (especially now, how they seem to want to go back to their older catalog and do updated versions). Ive wanted the P2 Battle Damaged version, Elder Predator, Hicks and Robocop since Ive started collecting, but I would never pay as much for their asking price. Been close a few times on just saying the hell with it and getting the Robocop at least. But now Im glad I didnt. Since it seems all of the ones Ive mentioned (aside from Hicks) is getting the remake deal. No official announcement on Elder yet, but Im pretty sure he will as well.

:lecture And if their marketing pics are anything to go by, we can probably expect Elder. But I'll believe it when I see it.

I was thinking that in terms of affording these and displaying them all together, 1/6 would be the most ideal scale to collect them in. If we get the 1/6 P2 first then I would hope to get an Elder or Wolf in 1/6 next just to keep it consistent.

I think P1 and Dutch are dead certs for the 1/4 treatment.

Dammit I forgot about Dutch. I was thinking I'd skip the HT 1/4 scales in favour of the cheaper NECA ones but my Arnie fixation might not allow me to pass on him. Hopefully they'll get a better likeness at 1/4 scale than they did at 1/6.

Dammit I forgot about Dutch. I was thinking I'd skip the HT 1/4 scales in favour of the cheaper NECA ones but my Arnie fixation might not allow me to pass on him. Hopefully they'll get a better likeness at 1/4 scale than they did at 1/6.

P!tu made a good point the other day in his video in regards to Dutch. Whilst the PF's have all the skin detailing on them the HT's figure underneath will just be a standard body so it will be interesting to see what they do in regards to body sculpting and detailing and reflecting this in the pricing.

Now I don't mean to spark off another P2 vs Wolf debate but I need Wolf in 1/4 too! Thats after the P2 and the AVP Elder, of course! That way they'd follow the movie timeline too!

Again I'm in Yautjaland today! Nobody PM me! :D

Cheers (literally)
Neo.

Yeah, I'm going to have to plan carefully.:pfft:

I've got a feeling that the 1/4 scale will be spaced apart pretty far, and the 1/6 scale will likely remain at the same release rate which is alot. I'm thinking about picking up a HT leonidas and a EB scar face (war version), and then committing myself completely to predator for awhile

I've got a feeling that the 1/4 scale will be spaced apart pretty far, and the 1/6 scale will likely remain at the same release rate which is alot. I'm thinking about picking up a HT leonidas and a EB scar face (war version), and then committing myself completely to predator for awhile

I'm solely Predator from now on. It's sad but that's the realsim of collecting. Time for a clear out soon.

I'm solely Predator from now on. It's sad but that's the realsim of collecting. Time for a clear out soon.

I said the same thing myself but saw myself getting bored with having nothing but predator. Now my collection seems to be getting out of hand again :(.......can't wait to have a house with a man-cave.

Back