New Hot Toys Predator2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When we have our kickass giant Predator trio, however slightly inaccurate they may be (we'll deal with it), we'll be sure to check in on you and the empty shelf you cleared out in vain.

The guy's terrible at Aliens, not at Predators. Granted he isn't perfect either, but he's been getting better and if you can't see at least a glimmer (if not more) of P1 in his newest figure, that's on you. Open-mouthed head says it all.With December's announcement, it's clear he's fallen in love with sculpting these characters and he can only improve with time. It's not like he doesn't care.
Meh, their first P1 has a much more accurate head sculpt..and even that was far off.

I don't understand how such an apparently talented sculptor just CAN'T sculpt these figures accurate enough.. I don't pay that much attention to the human figures, and idunno if he's the guy who sculpts most of them, but they really look great..minus the slight asian look to some of them. The Jack Sparrow DX or whatever for example, that thing has got to be the most accurate figure I have ever seen.

I don't see these sculpts as "slightly inaccurate", either. They look pretty far off. How can Tankman sculpt these figures so accurately, but this guy can't? Tankman's figures aren't even as accurate as they could be, but they are at the level of accuracy I would appreciate from HT....the level where you feel like you're holding the character from the movie. Why can't this Tsang guy go out and take another sculpting class or somthing..I can't think of any good reason why he won't sculpt them accurately, it just seems lazy.

The Classic Predator figure is pretty much perfect. Minus the head sculpt. Everything else looks great..body shape, paint, armor..but the head sculpt...

I haven't been collecting the more expensive things for a while now, but there are two things I'm looking forward to...anything Prometheus, and the 1/4 HT Preds. I can't explain how much I want these 1/4 Predators to be accurate..and at that scale, shouldn't it be easier for him? I really doubt they'll be anymore accurate than the ones we already have though, unfortunately.

The human characters tend to be more accurate because the actor/ actress sometimes have to give the OK (right?). You won't find a Predator giving the thumbs down to a sculpt of himself.

I think it's best to accept that the new Preds won't be as accurate as we all hope. More accurate yes but 100% accurate...:dunno

I'm ready if he does. This has been my most anticipated figure for 2012...well so far anyway.

January was only two months ago, the announcement anout two months before that.

They've got backlogged projects from more than a year ago to get up for order :lecture

The announcement was at the very end of December, pretty much January:

https://www.facebook.com/hottoys#!/photo.php?fbid=10150442416392344&set=a.58692197343.81976.58690437343&type=1&theater

Have you guys seen this:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102205

Perfect for Predator 2.

The announcement was at the very end of December, pretty much January:

https://www.facebook.com/hottoys#!/photo.php?fbid=10150442416392344&set=a.58692197343.81976.58690437343&type=1&theater

Have you guys seen this:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102205

Perfect for Predator 2.

So two months basically. That's nothing, i'm looking forward to this and hope they fix the holster but MGS was announced in December 2010 :slap and others around june last year.

That would be ace for P2 also for Batman Arkham City

So not even two months basically. That's nothing, i'm looking forward to this and hole they fix the holster but MGS was announced in December 2010 :slap and others around june last year.

We're talking about a highly anticipated Predator here though. Once the Preds start showing up again they'll be flying out that factory along with Batman and The Avengers.:wink1:

We're talking about a highly anticipated Predator here though. Once the Preds start showing up again they'll be flying out that factory along with Batman and The Avengers.:wink1:

You're probably right, Predator fans will be delighted Again, but what about those waiting for MGS and the others announced beforehand?

Most will continue to wait and most will be dissappointed.:1-1:

(Unless Hot Toys magically bangs out all the backlogged figures very soon.) I :pray: for you guys...

:exactly: fans of multiple licenses disapointed in favour of fans of one license being happy, doesn't seem right to me.

I do want P2 but if it comes before all the ones myself and others have waited for longer then i'll have to skip on principle :(

:exactly: fans of multiple licenses disapointed in favour of fans of one license being happy, doesn't seem right to me.

Business. Money. Profit.

I want P2 but if it comes before all the ones people have wiaited for longer then i'll have to skip on principle :(

He'll be kick ass though and could you really say no? :nana:

Business. Money. Profit.

He'll be kick ass though and could you really say no? :nana:

Yeah i get it, but so little variety. They shouldn't announce them & raise customers hopes if they won't follow through :(

Yeah i could, then i'd walk past my shadow and classic one day and think ohhhhhhh and then i'll consider caving. :rotfl

Anyway, i do hope they fix the holster that annoys me on my Shadow Pred, and hope there is a rich assortment of accessories like with Classic.

Last edited:
Back