NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exactly... everyone always got something to complain about in hand (or in pictures) the figure looks great. this is arnold he's suppose to have a thick long neck.

This guy looks fine in hand to me. I really don't think as many people would be commenting/even noticing the extent of this 'giraffe neck', if a couple of people hadn't continually mentioned it after the first pics.

He looks fantastic with or without the shirt.

But you have to admit, if the neck weren't so long and the head/neck connection was smoother it WOULD look better.

For Example:

***********PHOTO MANIPULATION************
arnold12.jpg

I love the paint job Tin. It looks great.

I got mine today. Here are a couple of photos.

HotToysDutch001.jpg

HotToysDutch002.jpg

I would imagine the cut out around the chin would help with head movement... I seem to recall hearing that the head doesn't have a very good range of motion. Those cut outs would seem to facilitate some extra arcticulation.

Arnold07.jpg

Arnold12.jpg

I'll take giraffe neck and looking slightly odd where the head and neck connect versus this, little of the giraffe neck effect is lost and now you add more problems.

Y'know what, this mod is growing on me. I think the neck has been brought down to an acceptable length which is something at least. The neck/head connection looks wierd either way, and IMO no wierder one way than the other so I have to disagree with you there.

With no offense intended to Tyler I think Dutch looks like a Kaminoan from Star Wars Episode II in his pics. Long neck with this tiny head on it.

OK I've changed my mind again, I think I forgot what the original head/neck connection looked like. This mod creates an unsightly gap which must look awful in profile. Although I am giving more thought to the other idea of creating a deeper socket inside the head and sanding the uppermost part of the neck a tad. The main objective being shortening the neck and in doing so trying to avoid making gaps.

Another thing to note, look at the first picture in the quote of my post, the head looks like it's sliding down to his right side off the neck the way things line up.

I'm open to seeing other mod attempts, but I certainly think you're better off with the factory look vs. Tin's attempt.

I'm starting to think that Tin did more than just repaint/mod the neck. At least to me, it looks kinda like he widened out the head/face.. probably the same way he did to his Medicom/HT Batman figures too.

It'd be a bit of a surgical procedure - making the rubber thinner by cutting away at it from inside so that hopefully the outside appears undamaged. Having never done anything like it though I have no idea if it would have the desired effect, nor if it would make matters even worse. Maybe the neck would wind up taking on wierder shapes.

Tim's repaint looks great (that look should have been the exclusive , not a pair of headphones), but the neck mod just keeps pulling my attention. If there were a way to make the transition between neck and head more smoothly then I would be all for getting mine to the same proportions.

Back