NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if the skin tone of the Dutch body matches up with the skintone of Krauser? The older HT skin tones had a bit of an orange shade to them. Not so much Krauser, but it looks like Dutch has a bit more natural skin tone.
________
Children Depakote

Last edited:
HotToysDutch001.jpg
That looks so good I don't know why anyone would want to deface it (no pun intended). :eek: Seriously, just an incredible figure.

The mod makes the figure look way better imo and adds more weight to arnie. If you look at arnie in the original predator he never had that pinhead/Longneck like appearance. The mod also gives a more even look to the figure whereby his head doesn't look out of proportion to his body as much as the factory version. The problem with the factory version is the neck is simply too long.

schwarzenegger_predator.jpg

Arnold07.jpg

Last edited:
The mod makes the figure look way better imo and adds more weight to arnie. If you look at arnie in the original predator he never had that pinhead/Longneck like appearance. The mod also gives a more even look to the figure whereby his head doesn't look out of proportion to his body as much as the factory version. The problem with the factory version is the neck is simply too long.

schwarzenegger_predator.jpg

I'm going to try that pose and exact outfit when I get mine to see if I can tolerate the neck. If not I may try to take action but not using the method of cutting away at the headsculpt itself. I'll try to work it from the inside socket as was originally talked about a few pages back. I think you're right Holtrax, the neck length is the primary issue - the head seems like its in OK scale with the body once the neck has been shortened (though I bet its still a little on the small side compared to other figures).

I have tried making the inside socket shorter. Here is the outcome for those who are interested.

Dutchloweredhead.jpg

Note. The centre picture shows the sleave that is inside the head with approx 8mm cut off top so the top of ball joint sticks through top. you can now push head down further.

Last edited:
Tyler, its an improvement but I think the neck could stand to be a little shorter still - which only goes to show how exceedingly long it must be in the first place.

What bothers me so much about this (and I don't even have it yet) is that its the kind of problem I'm constantly seeing on Star wars figures ever since ball-jointed head/necks became the standard - yet I'd never really seen it on figures of this scale and certainly the very last figure I wanted to see it on was my most eagerly anticipated figure - Dutch from Predator.

Cheers.

Yours looks much better as well. I especially like the picture above. It shows no small head/ long neck issue to my eyes at all.

Thanks. Maybe I just got lucky, but in hand, I have zero issue with it.

Glad of that too, as I don't think I could even bring myself to force his head off, let alone dig out the neck socket and cut it! :lol

Cheers tigerfeet!

I have tried making the inside socket shorter. Here is the outcome for those who are interested.

Dutchloweredhead.jpg

Note. The centre picture shows the sleave that is inside the head with approx 8mm cut off top so the top of ball joint sticks through top. you can now push head down further.

Whoa!
That's excellent and looks like an easy, risk-free mod to boot!
Any side effects? Is the head in any way loose, did it lose articulation?

that looks way better. Much more in proportion to the overall figure. Its amazing what small modifications to figures can do

Whoa!
That's excellent and looks like an easy, risk-free mod to boot!
Any side effects? Is the head in any way loose, did it lose articulation?

I found it quite easy. The socket was lightly glued into head. I released it from glue with a terminal screwdriver with little effort. It was a little harder to lever out of head though. Used a craft knife to cut top off socket. Placed socket on neck first. Then put a little super glue on bottom edge of cut socket just before pushing head back on.

The articulation is almost the same as before..(As in less movement than other Hot Toys figures that I own).

Dutchloweredhead.jpg

:horror Great job bro! Looks perfect now! Thanks for the mod tutorial, I'll be ready to do this mod when Dutch gets here now. :D

I found it quite easy. The socket was lightly glued into head. I released it from glue with a terminal screwdriver with little effort. It was a little harder to lever out of head though. Used a craft knife to cut top off socket. Placed socket on neck first. Then put a little super glue on bottom edge of cut socket just before pushing head back on.

The articulation is almost the same as before..(As in less movement than other Hot Toys figures that I own).

Fantastic!
Thanks for the explanation mate.

Back