NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Untitled-1copy-38.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

I'm so pumped for these figures, I watched Predator the other night, I've been watching it listening to the commentary the past couple nights, I'm watching the BTS disc right now. I'm all fired up for Predator.

I am really excited as well for both Dutch and the Pred. Long neck Dutch and short Pred are essentially non-issues for me. With good posing (not that I am good at it, but I will steal what some will be doing with theirs for mine) they will look awesome together.

:lecture, I'll take a long neck (with options fro customizing) any day over no Dutch at all. Someone said Mac was a whiny biaatch well the same could be said for all of the Dutch haters on this thread.

Only one hater as far as I can tell. The guy who just cancelled. He thought the figure's flaws were too insurmountable. I regret some of the issues with the figure - particularly my unique 2 left arms defect! - but I'll be glad to have him once I get that sorted out and I slightly lower the head on that neck.

If 10 were a perfect figure, which I dont think there has ever been one, this is easily an 8. Flawed, yes, but what figure isnt? No matter the scale, 1:1 bust, 1/3 CM, 1/4 PF, or 1/6 figure, there is no such thing as a perfect. Everything has issues.This is about as close to perfect as it gets in 1/6 scale imo.

I think collectors have come to expect to much. Expecting perfection will always lead to dissapointment.

Its still an amazing well made figure, no way would I choose to cancel. To each his own I guess :dunno

If 10 were a perfect figure, which I dont think there has ever been one, this is easily an 8. Flawed, yes, but what figure isnt? No matter the scale, 1:1 bust, 1/3 CM, 1/4 PF, or 1/6 figure, there is no such thing as a perfect. Everything has issues.This is about as close to perfect as it gets in 1/6 scale imo.

I think collectors have come to expect to much. Expecting perfection will always lead to dissapointment.

Its still an amazing well made figure, no way would I choose to cancel. To each his own I guess :dunno

I agree.. but everyone has their own personal level of acceptance and personal criteria of what "perfect" is when it comes to their own stuff. So for YOU something might be fine, while to others it might not be, etc. So if someone isn't feeling this figure, so be it. That's their choice. Shouldn't affect the people who ARE feeling it and are happy with it.

I agree.. but everyone has their own personal level of acceptance and personal criteria of what "perfect" is when it comes to their own stuff. So for YOU something might be fine, while to others it might not be, etc. So if someone isn't feeling this figure, so be it. That's their choice. Shouldn't affect the people who ARE feeling it and are happy with it.

True enough. I'm glad I have lower standards :lol

Just look at my collection, I dont say no to much :lol

Now that there's a definite plan on how to fix the long neck issue (which I plan on doing), I see nothing else wrong with the figure. But if he does look shorter than Billy, I'll just add some lifts to his boots. :)

I just hope Sideshow will hurry up and get him to me now.

Expectations were very high for Dutch - Particularly based on the protos. A few problems came to light which, to me anyway, were not evident on the proto pics. If the final figure had stayed exactly like pre-release shots I'd have had no complaints at all. But the head shrank just enough to be noticeable and create a pin-head effect upon the neck. Plus, dunno bout everyone else but on mine the velcro on the outfit is next to useless. It has no stickiness at all.

Added to the above is my figure's unique defect and it has been disappointing. Any Predator fan or Arnie fan has been wanting this figure for years. It looked like he was going to be perfect but he ended up falling a tad short, with flaws that less eagerly anticipated figures did not have. Primarily though I simply can't enjoy this figure because I have to send mine back for a replacement which is a major pain in the arse.

There's a Dutch video review on YouTube . He looks so cool! His neck is not to big. Sorry but I am not chopping up a three figure custome figure.

No such thing as perfect?... sure there is if you worked on a Predator movie and stoled the costume then you'll have a perfect 1:1 Scale Predator. :rotfl

sure there is if you worked on a Predator movie and stoled the costume then you'll have a perfect 1:1 Scale Predator. :rotfl
Don't forget that you must also steal somewhere a 7' 2" dude to get an awesome display :lecture

Back