NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That production paint does look special. I guess they put extra effort into this one as it will have a direct competitor very soon. It's a shame I don't like the Godfather movies. If I did I would have to get one.

That production paint does look special. I guess they put extra effort into this one as it will have a direct competitor very soon. It's a shame I don't like the Godfather movies. If I did I would have to get one.

This is one of those figures that is just so well done you don't need to be a big fan of the film to need to get it. This is one of those figures that reaches the "art" category. Its a work of art and can be enoyed simply for that reason alone. There should be ZERO doubt to anyone WHO this figure is (unlike some of the other figures in our collections). He's that iconic, and that well done. Get it :whip

This is one of those figures that is just so well done you don't need to be a big fan of the film to need to get it. This is one of those figures that reaches the "art" category. Its a work of art and can be enoyed simply for that reason alone. There should be ZERO doubt to anyone WHO this figure is (unlike some of the other figures in our collections). He's that iconic, and that well done. Get it :whip

You're not making it that easy for me to resist this one :lol

I got on the WL for the exclusive and if that doesn't come through I'll get the regular. This guy is too cool to pass up.

I guess they put extra effort into this one as it will have a direct competitor very soon.

That is the exact same sentiment I had when pics of the production piece starting showing. Then you add all the bells and whistles ie. chair, backdrop, base, etc. and you get a sense that HT felt the competition; which is good.

This is why I don't understand Sideshow sometimes. Do they feel any competition? Perhaps they are trying, but just like that kid that wants to play and goes home to practice but just doesn't have the skills to play.:confused:

Maybe they are just content to be okay in the 1/6 arena. I mean they are still probably making a substantial amount of money.

hottoysu.jpg

Does the 3 small pics in that brochure/pamphlet mean that we are getting more than one character (vito) from the godfather line?:naughty

pacinodeniroSP1710_468x596.jpg

This is kind of a cool picture from part 2 considering they of course were not in any scenes together.

I MUST have a Michael and Young Vito.

Which made the coffee scene is HEAT even better.

True. First time they were together on-screen. That's the crazy part about that scene.. that outside fact (which has nothing to do with the actual story or characters) makes that scene so memorable and powerful imo.

Which made the coffee scene is HEAT even better.

I suppose but it just wasn't the same being that they were both far from their prime. I loved the movie heat but that particular scene seemed almost improvised ................... at times it sounded like Deniro was reading off of a card.

And this is coming from a guy who loves Deniro and Pacino.

I thought Deniro was well on his game in HEAT. The card reading bit worked for he character. McCauley was always thinking ahead and already had planned out what he was going to say.

i'm all for deniro and pacino 1/6 from the godfather. but hottoys better sign up their best talents for those, and really take their time doing it. what worries me is if they would come out subpar like the marcus sculpt.

so far, their batting average is not 100%.

Back