NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that white suit really enough to make Vito look fat? I might want to pad it a bit more when I get mine.

He really was more husky than anything else, some people may assume he was somewhat obese but thats not the case.

the-godfather.jpg

Imo what you get is more than enough.

He really was more husky than anything else, some people may assume he was somewhat obese but thats not the case.

the-godfather.jpg

I completely agree. The godfather 1 and 2 are my favorite movies of all time and Vito is not fat but husky. This is clearly seen towards the end of 1 when he is just wearing a thin button up shirt while playing with his grandson.

I just got finished watching the movie on HDnet tonight & the Don really wasn't that fat at all. It wasn't until Apocalypse Now that Brando really started to pack on the pounds.
godfather1.jpg

Godfather15_flip.jpg

And that is how big the cat should be! If there is any flaw with this figure, its that the cat is too small. They made it a kitten instead of a cat!

Hmm i'd have to agree with that one. I like even the detailed era underwear though, freakin crazy homerun Hot Toys, thanks for such a great figure! :D Nice repaint, but what did they do? Looks exactly the shame, maybe half a shade more darker or something, can't pinpoint any differences

Hmm i'd have to agree with that one. I like even the detailed era underwear though, freakin crazy homerun Hot Toys, thanks for such a great figure! :D Nice repaint, but what did they do? Looks exactly the shame, maybe half a shade more darker or something, can't pinpoint any differences

Same. Actually it looks worse from what I can see, I mean, why so dark? Another question ............. why the HELL would anyone feel a need to repaint this one? :confused:

the-godfather.jpg

Okay I see. No need to pad it then. I just haven't seen the movie in a while. :D

The repaint seems unnecessary, but if he wants his Vito with a tan, then that's his prerogative.

WOW! That repaint just shows how amazing the factory paint job is on this sucker. That really blows my mind. Very sad too. I don't want to repainters to go the way of the dinosaur. I love having pieces in my collection that a good guy from the boards spent a lot of time and soul on.

Not feeling that repaint - like others have said it's looking too dark, and the mottling/liver spots are probably over-done. It's still a good effort, but not as good as the factory job.

Hehe yeah! I agree.
I thought he would have had a belt already!
Is that the repaint, definately looks too dark to me?
Mine has shipped a few days back, cant wait :)

Hehe yeah! I agree.
I thought he would have had a belt already!
Is that the repaint, definately looks too dark to me?
Mine has shipped a few days back, cant wait :)

Thats most definitely the repainted one, i'm sorry but it did it no justice. Do we know for sure that he doesn't come with belt? This piece has been customized so maybe it was taken off? I'd like to know and please take pics when you get yours too.

Back