NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats most definitely the repainted one, i'm sorry but it did it no justice. Do we know for sure that he doesn't come with belt? This piece has been customized so maybe it was taken off? I'd like to know and please take pics when you get yours too.

Not sure if it's been repainted but I know it's not the repainted one I posted pics of before. Could just be the lighting because imo even Mr. Bean looks a little dark.

As far as the belt: maybe it doesn't have a belt because of the fat suit!? :confused:

To answer my own comment about the falling trousers, it's probably more accurate to say that he needs suspenders, since belts aren't worn with tuxedos (they shouldn't really have the belt loops on the trousers at all to be precise).

Thats most definitely the repainted one, i'm sorry but it did it no justice. Do we know for sure that he doesn't come with belt? This piece has been customized so maybe it was taken off? I'd like to know and please take pics when you get yours too.

Of course, pics will be up asap. Yeah it looks horrible imho, made it worse. I agree aussie, suspenders would be more suitable

I'm waiting for the EB version to come out and do comparison before pulling the trigger.

EB just called me today regarding the repair on my bruce, they said that pics of the godfather should be out sometime in mid june.

:maul

I have my fingers crossed that mine will show up today; in any case, we'll have some answers to those questions as well as pics I will post. :cool:

I have my fingers crossed that mine will show up today; in any case, we'll have some answers to those questions as well as pics I will post. :cool:

Are you referring to enterbays, that you might have today? Because I ordered it and paid already and so far no confirmation of shipping.

damn! this thing is almost here!! :rock :rock I can't wait to see pics. I have to cancel mine to get my TwoFace. I'd normally get GF but I need TwoFace to finish up my TDK figures so I can't pass him up.

As expected, I got my Hot Toys Godfather figure today, & I'm very impressed with all aspects of the product, from the first class packaging to the figure itself, right down to all the included accessories. Here's some pics to check out...
As you can see, the package is quite large, that's a HT 12" DK next to it.
The Godfather profile on the outside of the box is nicely done, the Don's profile is a cutout from the outer box and the raised red part pops out from inside the box. There are 2 boxes inside the main container; one holds the carpeted platform, the booklet, and the cardboard backdrop (one note, the backdrop is too tall for detlofs), the next box contains the figure, accessories, and the requisite HT stand:
DSCN0201-3.jpg
DSCN0202-2.jpg

DSCN0205-2.jpg
The Don looks great, featuring an excellent likeness, detailed paint app, and nice clothing (no belt or suspenders, but no issues holding his pants up :D ). The clothes out of box are a little bulky but a water down treatment should fix that right up. A "fat suit" underneath his outfit, extending from his shoulders to his thighs, gives the Don just the right amount of bulk:
DSCN0207-2.jpg

DSCN0210-4.jpg

DSCN0212-2.jpg

DSCN0215-1.jpg

DSCN0222-1.jpg
The chair & carpeted platform are well done also, the chair is nicely detailed and has a faux leather backing, while the platform is covered in a felt like material with a gold nameplate on the front:
DSCN0227-1.jpg
All in all, an excellent product, with an incredible likeness, first class packaging, and lots of accessories. You can easily tell this was a labor of love for Hot Toys, and IMHO they pulled it off with a four star figure.

Last edited:
Congrats Karnis he looks stellar! My only question is, is his tone really that dark or is it just the lighting? Regardless everything looks amazing and nothing ever looks 100% in pictures.

Thanks for posting.

Congrats Karnis he looks stellar! My only question is, is his tone really that dark or is it just the lighting? Regardless everything looks amazing and nothing ever looks 100% in pictures.

Thanks for posting.

It's just the lighting. I didn't want to use a flash and I'm no pro (I'd like to say I tried to make the lighting similar to the Don's office in the beginning of the movie, but I won't go there ;) ). The profile pic is probably the closest representation of the skin tone.
Here's a couple of pics in natural outdoor lighting:
DSCN0230-1.jpg

DSCN0231.jpg

Last edited:
Back