NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping they decide to charge me late in the day. I just had to pay $200 for new glasses, but I get paid tomorrow so I'll have the money for him. I just need to get to the bank quickly to deposit my check.

This one is really pushing the old question of quality vs "meaningfulness". While it looks to be a hall of fame level figure,
is the Don important enough to me to buy? hard to say.

I have been debating the same thing. I like the Godfather movies but I don't LOVE them so do I really need this guy? Hard decisions.

he's really important to me cause I collect mostly movie stuff. I have some comic figures but for the most part it's movies. And with Don being one of the greatest screen characters of all time in one of the greatest films of all time is a must in my collection. It puts a stamp on it IMO

I've never understood why people would ever buy something that they didn't find (the subject matter) meaningful to them. Especially with the economy today, and the price of Hot Toys, unless I was loaded with disposable income, I can't understand why an extremely well done collectible would be worth buying if I didn't really dig what it was based on.

I have been debating the same thing. I like the Godfather movies but I don't LOVE them so do I really need this guy? Hard decisions.

what's so hard? you like a girl enough to want to sleep with her, but you dont love her. would you still marry her?

or marry now, divorce later. there's always that option too.

I'm hoping they decide to charge me late in the day. I just had to pay $200 for new glasses, but I get paid tomorrow so I'll have the money for him. I just need to get to the bank quickly to deposit my check.

At least for me, they usually seem to charge me the day after they say they are going to charge you, so that would be Monday for this I would assume. But like I said, it might just be me :dunno

I've never understood why people would ever buy something that they didn't find (the subject matter) meaningful to them. Especially with the economy today, and the price of Hot Toys, unless I was loaded with disposable income, I can't understand why an extremely well done collectible would be worth buying if I didn't really dig what it was based on.

Because they like the design!? You can check out my personal gallery on here to get an idea of the things I've collected, and I can honestly say NONE of the source material for those collectibles is "meaningful" to me. AVP:R was atrocious imo. I can barely watch that movie unless there's an Alien or Predator in the scene.. but that didn't stop me from getting the HT Wolf because I like the design. I've never read ANY Spawn comic books.. but I use to collect a lot of the figures soley based off of whether or not I liked how they looked. Half the figures I got from that line I still have no clue who the hell they are. :lol I collected a few 12" Tortured Souls and those figures aren't based off of anything that I know of. I think Clive Barker wrote up a quick synopsis for each character but that's about it. I just dig the designs and how they look.

I agree with you that you can't really buy EVERYTHING you want unless you have a nice amount of disposable income or you just don't spend your money on anything else, so being choosy/selective is cool. But for me, all that means is I pick figures to buy based on how much I like the design from figure to figure.

I like the Godfather. Specifically I actually liked the entire trilogy. But I can honestly say I never once said "Man I wish I could have a figure of Don Corleone". I guess that's probably why I've never been interested in human figures and I gravitate more towards monsters/aliens etc. Better designs.

Just for the seam haters LOL. I swear, i was barely struggling to pick it up, you can only really see it with your naked eye, if the light hits it at exactly a .3423 degree angle, while you're standing on one foot, with the figure turned around, while giving a reach around to a midget, while reciting the pledge of allegiance, in french :p But it is there i suppose, on every figure ever lol

Don3.jpg

Don5.jpg

Don6.jpg

Don7.jpg

Don92.jpg

Don95.jpg

Don97.jpg

Last edited:
Just some more pics for craps and giggles. Tried to give them a more movie still look, still havnt had time for a futz. Man i just love this figure though, i still have a smile so big i have to walk through doors sideways, hehe. Just the expression on his face......SO much emotion, looks as if he's about to open his mouth and talk. Need to update my cam for a better lense i think, really struggling to get in close and clear without the flash or any unnatural lighting, but it's good here, cause the grainy look suits the movie, haha.

Don93.jpg

Don98.jpg

Don99.jpg

Don991.jpg

Don992.jpg

Don993.jpg

I like this one, just wish it was clearer

Don994.jpg

Don995.jpg

Don996.jpg

Really enjoying this shot

Don997.jpg

Thanks mate, can't wait till the real pros get this to actually do it some justice. VERY diverse and photographable figure. I still stand by the theory anyone who cancels this is bonkers :p It's THE figure to have, if you could only have one. The best 1/6th ever done to this point and as of this moment still, and i really mean that!

I wouldn't say I am bonkers. I just have bills to pay. :monkey2

Nice pics though. Makes me feel even worse. Thanks a lot. :lol

My wife just noticed this figure this morning..."When did you get this one?!" "Oh honey, I got that one weeks ago, didn't you notice?!" :D...and she said it looks really cool & she likes it.

High praise indeed, let me tell you. ;)

pixletwin cheers i try my best hehe :D
Nice Karnis, all i've been getting is compliments too, from people who really couldn't give 2 craps about 1/6th figures, everyone adores the solid workmanship. I also keep the booklet out to show them the photography, most can't even tell it's actually the figure, looks like movie stills, until they look down into the shelf and see for themselves :p

I cancelled the exclusive, as I found the hat to look hilarious on him (and would NEVER have him posed with it.) But I'm definitely picking the regular up later on. It's indeed looking to be one of the best 1/6th figs released yet.

I wouldn't say I am bonkers. I just have bills to pay. :monkey2

Nice pics though. Makes me feel even worse. Thanks a lot. :lol

if you need to take care of bills when PZ exc. comes around let me know and ill be more than happy to help you out. what ever you do do not cancel it. ill send you the loot ASAP

can't wait to get my hands on The Don

Back