NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I GOT MINE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Incredible figure......

simply amazing.

The SS exclusive hat is also great. It seems SS didn't care how it sat on his head and snapped away. Although it doesn't go with the scene it's a great little piece...not necessary but neat.

When I checked UPS tracking it said delivery attempt failed! Receiver was not available! What!!!

So, I ran out the building and found the truck parked a block away. I raced it down just before it took off. the Driver said the Reg driver forgot to give him a key to the building. Anyway, he turned around and came back to the building and dropped it off.

Enough drama for now, the Don here. :D

This figure is perfect. Better than any $350 custom figure I have ever seen with all it comes with. The Packaging is First Class Collectible Heaven.

Haven't seen any good pics with the hat on so here ya go. Even the hat is perfect. It has flocked felt material, not just molded plastic.

Kang is the new Queen of Sculpting (along with Godess Yulli.)

adon.jpg

This is one for the ages, Guys. A Classic Piece. I know HT and Sideshow are very proud of it and it shows.

The hat looks alot better on him then I thought it would. Makes me want a Sonny and Mike but not enough to make me want a Fredo

only downside (at least on mine) is that when I tried to remove the head it unglued from the post. Not a biggie; easily glue back on. Why did I want to remove the head you ask? Well, I did not like how the bowtie band sat around the neck. Out of the box it was the one thing that ruined the illusion of realism. Stuffed some cotton in there and it improved the look.

only downside (at least on mine) is that when I tried to remove the head it unglued from the post. Not a biggie; easily glue back on. Why did I want to remove the head you ask? Well, I did not like how the bowtie band sat around the neck. Out of the box it was the one thing that ruined the illusion of realism. Stuffed some cotton in there and it improved the look.

I do that sort of thing a lot of times. Cotton is really good for filling in gaps under clothes to make figures look more natural. I actually kind of enjoy that "futzing" when you 1st get a figure.

Although it doesn't go with the scene it's a great little piece...not necessary but neat.

Actually there's a deleted scene where Vito takes Michael, Sonny and Fredo to visit Genco on his deathbed. They go immediately after Connie's wedding so he's still wearing the tux and this is where he wears the hat so it is screen-accurate.

I believe a picture of Vito and the three boys from this scene (hat and all) was used as one of the main photos on the original 2001 DVD box set but I can't be sure as mine has been loaned out to a friend with no big rush to have it returned since I upgraded to the Coppola Restoration. I tried to find it in "The Illustrated Screenplay" and "The Godfather Legacy" and "Classic Quotes" but I couldn't, nor could I find this picture online, but anyone with either DVD release or Blu-Ray can watch the scene.

But yeah, the hat definitely goes with the figure, though it's obviously an oddity compared to the more iconic display option of Vito sitting hatless in the chair.

Drizzle: Me too. One of the things I didn't like was all the lint that got on his suit. Had to use some tape to get it off.

Guru: Thanks for the information. Good to know it wasn't just something added just for the sake of just adding stuff.

Just echoing what everyone else has said - this is a true masterpiece. And it takes 1/6 to a new level with the packaging and the display. It's more an art piece than a "dolly." I'm hoping this is a new trend for HT and we'll get more important figures done this way.

The hat looks alot better on him then I thought it would. Makes me want a Sonny and Mike but not enough to make me want a Fredo

Deckard......you broke my heart. :rolleyes:

i definitely look forward to seeing michael and tom, but not sunny or fredo

Actually there's a deleted scene where Vito takes Michael, Sonny and Fredo to visit Genco on his deathbed. They go immediately after Connie's wedding so he's still wearing the tux and this is where he wears the hat so it is screen-accurate.

I believe a picture of Vito and the three boys from this scene (hat and all) was used as one of the main photos on the original 2001 DVD box set but I can't be sure as mine has been loaned out to a friend with no big rush to have it returned since I upgraded to the Coppola Restoration. I tried to find it in "The Illustrated Screenplay" and "The Godfather Legacy" and "Classic Quotes" but I couldn't, nor could I find this picture online, but anyone with either DVD release or Blu-Ray can watch the scene.

But yeah, the hat definitely goes with the figure, though it's obviously an oddity compared to the more iconic display option of Vito sitting hatless in the chair.

Yes, indeed. What makes this hat a cool Exclusive.

adon1.jpg

adon-1.jpg

I still maintain that Pacino's likeness is off-limits and this is why none of the companies that use realistic likenesses have pursued the license further. As I've pointed out before, you can get away with doing Vito only but you can't skip over Michael and go to Sonny, Fredo, Tom etc. People just wouldn't accept it.

The video games are one thing, they're like $60 (less now, even the recently-released second one has already started to drop in price) and all the recognizable characters are supporting NPC's so the lack of Pacino is a little easier to swallow, plus your money gets you practically every other character with the authentic film actor's likeness, but ask people to spend this kind of money on one of the other characters before Michael and I'm sure people would think differently.

The Minimates prove that the other characters are included in the license, Diamond and Art Asylum just have the luxury of not having to worry about likeness rights. I'd love nothing more than to be able to say that Pacino's likeness was only out of the question a few years ago but as of a few months ago the new game was released without his participation so whatever the holdup is (money or the exclusive "Scarface" deal or a combination of both) seems to still be in effect.

Another bummer is that DeNiro's young Vito is probably the one character they could get away with making before Michael and there's no evidence of DeNiro in action figure form either. With Pacino you have specific instances of him denying likeness rights but Deniro's absolute non-presence in regards to merchandise sporting his likeness still speaks volumes.

Ultimately it's one of the great tragedies of action figure collecting because to me "The Godfather" is to my adult mind what "Star Wars" was when I was a kid/teenager. It's full of interesting and memorable minor characters and I would have loved to collect them all. McFarlane's 6" line would have been perfect for this. Imagine a shelf populated by Luca Brasi, Al Neri, Willie Cicci, Rocco Lampone, Solozzo, etc.

I also want to take this opportunity to express my sadness over all the people who wouldn't want Fredo. C'mon, we're talking about the signature performance by one of the greatest character actors ever, not to mention a guy who is arguably the only actor ever to have a perfect filmography.

I wouldn't count Al out on this line. I'm sure once he sees this Figure, he would love one of himself to go along with it. Al is a huge Brando fan, bragged all the time about how he suggested him to the Studio, etc. And now that this is out and so successful, everyone will be clamoring to get a Michael. So there is probably some likeness request activity going on now.

Back