NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
adon3-1.jpg

adon1.jpg

adon3.jpg

Mine's out for delivery right now... but its a day early so I wasn't able to get UPS to hold it for me (since I won't be home to sign). Just hoping they try to deliver after 5p.

Hope you got it or at least gonna get it tonight. The packaging is fantastic and the figure is just awesome. I have one nit so I'm curious to see what you think. I haven't read all the comments yet so it might have been mentioned before.

Anyways, enough chatter. Here's some pics...

Hey there,

That setup looks awesome...really puts you in the mood when you look at it. Can I ask, does that folded background come with the hot toys version ? Also that plaque with the gold plate, does that come as well ? I think I've seen the gold plate with the enterbay version. Not too sure about the background...

Cheers !!!

Hat looks pretty cool actually, can you tip it down a bit to the front/slant it gangster style :p and take some pics :D

As you wish... I tried anyway. :D

adong.jpg

Here's a different pose. You can do so much with this Guy. Was worried a bit about the hair paint. The paint apps on mine was perfect. Btw, nice pics Coco. :D

adonm.jpg

Mine arrived today, and woah! This is one awesome piece. The chair, carpet stand, and backdrop bring the figure to a whole different level. I've got mine sitting in the chair tickling the cat's belly. So strange that an old guy sitting in a chair with a cat would be so awesome!

And I must admit I'm not even a big Godfather fan. I enjoyed the film, but wouldn't say I'm a huge fan. But this figure is just too awesome. Makes me really want to watch the film again to give it another shot.

According to UPS it was delivered... so either the wife was there in time or they accepted my note and left it on the porch :lol

Too bad I'm working late tonight :monkey2

Hey there,

That setup looks awesome...really puts you in the mood when you look at it. Can I ask, does that folded background come with the hot toys version ? Also that plaque with the gold plate, does that come as well ? I think I've seen the gold plate with the enterbay version. Not too sure about the background...

Cheers !!!
The backdrop & the platform with the gold plate is indeed included with the figure.

Mine arrived today, and woah! This is one awesome piece. The chair, carpet stand, and backdrop bring the figure to a whole different level. I've got mine sitting in the chair tickling the cat's belly. So strange that an old guy sitting in a chair with a cat would be so awesome!

And I must admit I'm not even a big Godfather fan. I enjoyed the film, but wouldn't say I'm a huge fan. But this figure is just too awesome. Makes me really want to watch the film again to give it another shot.

I'm planning to watch it Thursday after my Don arrives!

I watch the first two films regularily, I have for the past 15+ years now. This figure will be a VERY big deal to me! Its just stupid that Eric has still yet to recieve his shippment. :(

Hey there,

Cheers !!!

Yeah, like mentioned, it comes with the HT Vito. This is one LOADED up figure for $149.99. The EX hat is incredible as well.

Can anyone please tell me the exact height of the backdrop? I am hoping to fit it in one of my Detolf cases.

16 1/4" to it's highest point.

Ah crap, then no backdrop inside the Detolf :( Thanks Adam. Hey dude if I were to pick up one of your shelves, would the depth be able to accommodate the chair with the Don sitting in it?

I'm making a very special display for Vito and his backdrop :naughty but if you like the regular shelves then I can definitely make one with a shelf deep enough for him and his chair.

Just got home and cracked-open the Don... blown away!!!

Figure is a masterpiece, I've owned a lot of 1/6 pieces and I can say they have taken 1/6 to a whole different level. The box and presentation is unbelievable (especially how heavy the package is :lol) and the figure and accessories are well above what I would expect even at the $150 price.

I was a bit unsure if I would really want the Godfather, but after seeing him in person this is one I would not part with. Probably won't get to pictures tonight... but just know that the pictures cannot convey the quality of this figure.

And Coco... what was your nit-pick? I haven't spent much time with him... but so far the only thing that seems odd is the head feels a bit loose on the neck post, isn't falling off and still poses correctly but feels kind of wobbly.

My only nit was that the neck was just a tiny bit too long, 'specially compared to the proto pics. That was it.:D

Compared to the awesomeness of the entire package it's the nittiest nit I've ever had about a figure.:lol

careful with the head. The glue isn't very strong and the post that goes into the head isn't long. The contact surface between the head and post isn't much, so when trying to remove the head it's very likely the post will stay on the body and the head will come off. Simple fix, but one you might have to make.

I just can't get over how awesome this figure looks above my desk. I've got him stitting above my computer desk and chair with the whole set up - chair, backdrop, etc. It just keeps drawing my eyes to it. This is one of those pieces that just demands your attention.

My parents rarely notice when I add to the collection (since it so big :eek:) but they both knew about the Godfather the first time they walked by my desk. My mom was across the room and asked if he was holding the horse head before she got closer and saw it was the cat. But she even knew who it was from across the room. And she barely knows who figures are from some of the shows we watch regularly. So this is definately one of those iconic figures everyone immediately knows who it is. :rock

Back