NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another bummer is that DeNiro's young Vito is probably the one character they could get away with making before Michael and there's no evidence of DeNiro in action figure form either. With Pacino you have specific instances of him denying likeness rights but Deniro's absolute non-presence in regards to merchandise sporting his likeness still speaks volumes.

Man, just the though of an HT companion piece of young Vito with that shotgun wrapped in a towel to display next to the Brando version sitting in his chair... :drool

I wouldn't count Al out on this line. I'm sure once he sees this Figure, he would love one of himself to go along with it. Al is a huge Brando fan, bragged all the time about how he suggested him to the Studio, etc. And now that this is out and so successful, everyone will be clamoring to get a Michael. So there is probably some likeness request activity going on now.

I doubt Pacino will ever find out this figure exists and even if he did it's still a business decision. He signed his likeness away to Universal for exclusive use on "Scarface". On top of that you have the fact that Pacino is the one and only face of "Scarface" whereas he's just part of the "Godfather" ensemble, and even though he's obviously a major character he's still always second banana.

Furthermore, as I said before, his likeness hasn't been used in two major video games, video games where literally every other likeness was secured.

"The Godfather" has been up for grabs merchandising-wise for 2 or 3 years by now. NONE of it has used Pacino's likeness. The two cases where the Michael character has been merchandised specifically avoid using his likeness. If these companies had access to Pacino's likeness there would be more figures. That's all there is to it.

To those of us posting on the Sideshow Freaks board getting an action figure in your likeness is a dream. For someone like Al Pacino it's not even on the radar unless the price is right.

Like I said, I wouldn't count him out. If he's asked, and I believe he will be, he may want to go along with it for the reasons I mentioned. We'll see...

Like I said, I wouldn't count him out. If he's asked, and I believe he will be, he may want to go along with it for the reasons I mentioned. We'll see...

It's easy to say "we'll see" with nothing to back it up. I maintain that it's a matter of "we would have seen".

Again, the opportunity has presented itself for Pacino's likeness to be used for the Michael Corleone character. Time and time again generic likenesses have been used or Michael has been omitted altogether. The first game? Generic likeness. The Sideshow line? No Pacino. McFarlane Toys? No Pacino. The second game? Generic likeness. Hot Toys? No Pacino. Enterbay? No Pacino. Minimates? Generic likeness. I even saw a high-end set of film frames in the Entertainment Earth catalog. Only Brando's likeness was used even though there were three frames: one for each film. No Pacino pictures, of course.

I'd love to be wrong for the reasons I already mentioned but we've been living with Pacino's non-involvement on "Godfather" merchandise since the first game came out in March of '06 and as of two months ago he still wasn't willing to play ball.

Again, I'd love to be wrong, I just that everything points to me being right.

It's easy to say "we'll see" with nothing to back it up. I maintain that it's a matter of "we would have seen".

Again, the opportunity has presented itself for Pacino's likeness to be used for the Michael Corleone character. Time and time again generic likenesses have been used or Michael has been omitted altogether. The first game? Generic likeness. The Sideshow line? No Pacino. McFarlane Toys? No Pacino. The second game? Generic likeness. Hot Toys? No Pacino. Enterbay? No Pacino. Minimates? Generic likeness. I even saw a high-end set of film frames in the Entertainment Earth catalog. Only Brando's likeness was used even though there were three frames: one for each film. No Pacino pictures, of course.

I'd love to be wrong for the reasons I already mentioned but we've been
living with Pacino's non-involvement on "Godfather" merchandise since the first game came out in March of '06 and as of two months ago he still wasn't willing to play ball.

Again, I'd love to be wrong, I just that everything points to me being right.

I'd love for you to be wrong, too. Truth is, you don't know. :D

I know, but again, there's actual evidence that backs up the theory that Pacino's likeness is unavailable.

Another concern is that EA undoubtedly has much more money to throw at Pacino, better channels to get the deal in front of him and more to lose from his absence and they couldn't land him. His likeness would have been particularly beneficial for the second game since a significant portion of the recognizable characters from the first film (Sonny, Brando's Vito [which they still used anyway], Clemenza, Tessio, Luca Brasi etc.) weren't present in the second one. Being able to put Pacino's face on the cover alone would have probably doubled the sales but instead they had to use a bunch of generic mobster silhouettes.

I just don't see how/why Pacino signed ALL of his likeness rights to Scarface. I can see that for a video game, but come on, that really has to limit other merchandise that he could make money off of. I can't imagine they offered him enough money to make it worthwhile to turn down everything else.

Man, just the though of an HT companion piece of young Vito with that shotgun wrapped in a towel to display next to the Brando version sitting in his chair... :drool

Heres my young Vito...
e7235e99f51948e31a791fa25eeadbc6adb1c2b.jpg

Just got Vito! The box was so big and heavy I didn't know what I had got at first.:lol Can't wait to get him home, open it up and start getting measurements for a custom shelf. :rock

Just got Vito! The box was so big and heavy I didn't know what I had got at first.:lol Can't wait to get him home, open it up and start getting measurements for a custom shelf. :rock

Thats going to be one heck of a display piece!

I was racking my brain as I wrote that as to whether it was actually a shotgun or not. Been a while since I last saw it.... Godfather 2, not my brain.

Yeah, the shotgun was actually at the end of GF 1 when Fat Clemenza pulled it out of the flower box and wasted the guys in the elevator.

If I see any brains wandering around that look lost I'll make sure to let you know. ;) :D

Mine's out for delivery right now... but its a day early so I wasn't able to get UPS to hold it for me (since I won't be home to sign). Just hoping they try to deliver after 5p.

Back