NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember that. If I were Strahan, I would have been pissed, because people are always going to see that as a tainted record. Better to not have it at all than to have it with an asterisk.

Vikes get to play outside at home for the first time in years this coming week.

It's been like -8, -25 WC here as well. Should be interesting.

Vikes get to play outside at home for the first time in years this coming week.

It's been like -8, -25 WC here as well. Should be interesting.
So they can get the stadium that wasn't built for winter ready:rotfl

The ground is gonna be hard as a rock. Like concrete. Packers/Bears have heat facility's so the ground stays warm and don't become so hard. Gotta be dangerous.

Skins to bench McNabb in favor of Grossman. :rotfl

Someone needs to buy Shanahan a clue. Where is the great superbowl winning coach? :dunno

Last edited:
Skins to bench McNabb in favor of Grossman. :rotl

Someone needs to buy Shanahan a clue. Where is the great superbowl winning coach? :dunno

The "mastermind"...:lol

Shanahan is a horrible coach. Only won Superbowls because of John Elway and Terrell Davis. Anyone could have coached that team.

I see there was yet another exciting down to the last minute marquee game on last night for the national audience...:lol

Skins to bench McNabb in favor of Grossman. :rotl

LOL...I was going to make a joke about how benching McNabb is a ploy to help the Eagles secure the division. And it turns out that my joke actually made a tiny bit of sense just because the 'Skins are playing the Cowpies this week.

Shanahan is a horrible coach. Only won Superbowls because of John Elway and Terrell Davis. Anyone could have coached that team.

I see there was yet another exciting down to the last minute marquee game on last night for the national audience...:lol

Don't start checking the average spread yet...it may drop a little.:lol

Yay, another excuse to post this.

imgoindeepfanclub.jpg

Well with that logic it was mostly Terrell Davis then. Elway couldnt win a SB without him, neither could Shanahan

Skins to bench McNabb in favor of Grossman. :rotfl

Let’s give him credit, Shanahan was a pretty good coach during the Bronco's Superbowl run. I know it's easy to say that he had Elway and Terrell Davis, but honestly, Elway was the only high draft pick they had. We've seen plenty of teams high on talent that didn't win the big game. Let's look at their skill players beyond Elway. Terrell Davis was a mid round draft pick, as was Shannon Sharpe. Rod Smith was an undrafted free agent, and Ed McCaffrey was cut by the Giants and the 49ers before finding a home in Denver. Plus, Denver was the first team in the modern era to get away from hulking offensive linesman. Their O-line was relatively small and suited for O-line coach Alex Gibbs' zone blocking scheme.

He called his own plays in Denver as well, which is puzzling why he decided to give up play calling duties in Washington.

As for McNabb's benching, it's laughable. First they replace him at the end of the Detroit game, then gave half-a$$ed reasons why he was replaced (the excuse of Grossman handling the two minute offense better gave way to the cardiovascular conditioning excuse). Then they sign him to a farcical contract extension, now this.

Well with that logic it was mostly Terrell Davis then. Elway couldnt win a SB without him, neither could Shanahan

I have no real argument with that, actually. I will say the teams that Elway took to the Superbowls previously were hardly any good. Its pretty amazing they made it as many times as they did.

Can anyone outside of Denver name the 3 Amigos?

The 97 Broncos without Davis wouldn't have made it to the SB.

Back