NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it looks as if the Niners are covering their Rooney rule asses by interviewing black candidates prior to even announcing their GM. Funny, Jed York said that the GM would hire the coach, so is a GM in place? Baalke is being reported as a shoe in for the position, I'm just wondering if they're just covering their bases only to announce Baalke and Harbaugh at the same time...

i get why the rooney rule is in place, but isn't it sometimes more degrading to a minority candidate to get the "hey, let's talk football for an hour" type of interview when they have no chance at getting the job?

i get why the rooney rule is in place, but isn't it sometimes more degrading to a minority candidate to get the "hey, let's talk football for an hour" type of interview when they have no chance at getting the job?

I have heard some people mention that but I think its still good because it at least gets the canidate some interview experience and also it get their info in the mind of the team in case the guy they do hire doesn't work out.

I guess the point is to give minority candidates experience in going through the interview process. I heard that the Niners asked to interview the Giants Def Coordinator Perry Fewell and Raiders Off-Cord Hue Jackson, both are top coaching candidates from the ranks of the assistants.

As long as the minority candidates are truly top choices in the league I think it serves it's purpose.

So it looks as if the Niners are covering their Rooney rule asses by interviewing black candidates prior to even announcing their GM. Funny, Jed York said that the GM would hire the coach, so is a GM in place? Baalke is being reported as a shoe in for the position, I'm just wondering if they're just covering their bases only to announce Baalke and Harbaugh at the same time...

I saw that. I personally want Harbaugh and then I hope we take Luck his QB at Stanford. Both these pieces I believe will get us back on track.

I wonder how much it would take to move up to #1 in the draft. Luck is being fawned over like he's the next Peyton Manning or something.

I guess he can always pull a John Elway and Eli Manning and threaten to refuse to play.

I wonder how much it would take to move up to #1 in the draft. Luck is being fawned over like he's the next Peyton Manning or something.

I guess he can always pull a John Elway and Eli Manning and threaten to refuse to play.

Luck isn't Peyton.... he's looked at as a BETTER prospect than Peyton. A 99 rated QB.... He'd be the highest graded QB since Elway.

And it would take a ton... I'd think the Niners would have to give up 3 first rounders.

don't blame you. that kid has had everything handed to him on a silver platter in his life. isn't even that good.

Let's take a moment to celebrate the career of Brett Favre. NFL Iron Man, multiple time MVP, Super Bowl Champion, Sext message champion, multiple time retiree.

nflfavredong_medium.gif

You beat my 49ers too many times for me to ever like you and you had your worst years when I drafted you in fantasy football (see 2005,2006 and 2010). Glad to see you go, you ____ing jerk.

Mike Tomlin- Steelers interviewed him and no one took it serious because the definite successor to Cowher was his offensive coordinator, Ken Whisenhunt, or even his offensive line coach, Russ Grimm. I mean seriously, why would they go out of house and hire an NFC defensive coordinator half the age of their present defensive coordinator?

See my point?

don't blame you. that kid has had everything handed to him on a silver platter in his life. isn't even that good.

That whole family has been given everything on a silver platter ,and none of them were very good.

Being from Socal and them being from here I have seen all the BS that family has pulled.

Let's take a moment to celebrate the career of Brett Favre. NFL Iron Man, multiple time MVP, Super Bowl Champion, Sext message champion, multiple time retiree.

nflfavredong_medium.gif

You beat my 49ers too many times for me to ever like you and you had your worst years when I drafted you in fantasy football (see 2005,2006 and 2010). Glad to see you go, you ____ing jerk.

I won't believe he is done until he is in a grave:lol

Seems like some of this stuff might be true after all. I guess there's more reports coming from Massage therapists with the Jets.

BRETT FAVRE IS THE G.O.A.T

best there ever was. don't care what any one says. and hes so good he even makes other teams win by throwing INTs at clutch moments.

I can't believe Cable is out in Oakland. I thought he was just starting to turn that team around...and they finished much better than anyone thought they would.

Back