Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Star Wars 'Teaser' 5/15

Based on the poll Sideshow did and the fact that we have already seen the Clone armor, I am also guessing PT Clone Trooper.

I believe the 501st won, did they not?

Gawd, I hope not. So sick of them.

I think for some, including myself, Boba Fett is a bit of a ? mark after the PF. I love the Medicom Fett because it perfectly captures all the shapes and things that make up the Boba Fett image I have burnt into my memory, where the PF doesn't live up to that, and I'm sure others feel the same. I know some are weary of Vader with the issues in the Vader PF. It's easier to desire and be vocal about unknowns where you have no idea what to expect than it is when you don't have great expectations right out of the gate. If Vader weren't the most essential character in the whole line, I'm sure the issues with the PF would calm the voices, but Vader IS Star Wars so until he's there, it'll always be a puzzle with a missing piece, no matter how good the rest of the picture looks, you'll know something isn't there.

Yeah, after the PF and even the shape of the exclusive Jango helmet. I'm wary on the Fetts. I think the outfit would turn out great and we have the Prometheus body, but I'm worried on the helmet sculpts.

Remember, it's newsletter day... so most new content gets updated at the time it goes out... ;)

Continue on with your guesses and speculating... that's part of the fun :D

Yeah, after the PF and even the shape of the exclusive Jango helmet. I'm wary on the Fetts. I think the outfit would turn out great and we have the Prometheus body, but I'm worried on the helmet sculpts.

That's how I feel, I'm not worried about Fetts as a whole, but just the helmets, but they're as critical as a person's portrait on a figure to me, it's a make or break point and with the Medicom alternatives, the figures from the neck down would have to be beyond Medi to make me ignore the helmet discrepencies and spend additional money. Certainly, a Sideshow Jango will look better in the body, Medicom's is like Anorexic Fett.

Remember, it's newsletter day... so most new content gets updated at the time it goes out... ;)

Do you guys ever drop in on threads like this and have a chuckle, "dance puppets, dance!" :lol

It's ice-cream guy from ESB isn't it?...

Right?... Right?... Right?...

I'm so right.:duh

I have no idea when something is "off" on helmet sculpts. My mind just doesn't compute subtle differences in angles and all that.

I recognize differences in material and colors a lot more.

Meh:
Death Star Gunner

Death Star Gunner it is, then!

In all seriousness though, could it be something from the EU? With the last Legacy of the Force book out now, and the video game coming up...

Eh. That means there is no need to head into this thread again until about 600 when someone posts what it is after finding it out somehow an hour before the official newsletter release. Off to play in the sandbox.

I want a Lobot...just so I can make him DANCE!!!

Eh. That means there is no need to head into this thread again until about 600 when someone posts what it is after finding it out somehow an hour before the official newsletter release. Off to play in the sandbox.

It's probably just gonna be a bobblehead or a VCD exaggerated toy or some other item of non-interest for me. Sideshow isn't going to blow the SDCC surprise this early, so it ain't gonna be anything we're all hoping for. Whatever it is will just be simple filler for the big surprise coming in July.

I am really starting to want one of these--best haircut in the saga:

250px-Madine.jpg

Last edited:

I would like to see one or two "named" Rebel figures in the Military line. I think there are some good characters from ROTJ that could be done--Ackbar, Madine, Nien Numb, Mon Mothma.

I would be all over a Tarkin, and that could be an interesting tease. If I recall the tease about Jabba was a reference to Salicious Crumb which was a compliment to Jabba. I could see Tarkin as a compliment to Vader.

I have no idea when something is "off" on helmet sculpts. My mind just doesn't compute subtle differences in angles and all that.

I recognize differences in material and colors a lot more.

I can't even pick up the difference in colors, forget angles.

No it's not!! Stop Screwing with our heads.Thanks! Yours truly.:rotfl

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back