Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T-1000

Does it still look right if you lower his shoulder a bit? The pistol was lower than the top of his head in the movie.

Re: NECA T-1000

Yes, i didn't touch the shoulder articulation so you can lower the arm. I'll try to get a couple of pics later of this. The negative part is the awful look it has when you unfold his elbow..It doesn't look too bad and i guess some paint or even sculpting could fix it completely.

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

58.jpg

Wow these look actually quite good too when you apply your photoskills to it!

The 7" versions of Arnie are where it's at. No one can dispute how good they are. No one. It's the 12" figure where Neca runs into criticism. Many on here are used to fully clothed, poseable and realistic figures. Coming across the neca the're bound to think "what the hell is this!" Fortunately though there are people who can see it for what it is, a $40 figure, and damn good for that price.

I'm happy to have it in my collection, I know that much!

Maulfans Photos are good but this is 7" inch and it looks bad!
I see directly the difference betwen 7" and 12"
because the quality in compare to the 12" is :monkey4
The same story like with the Pescadero.

Last edited:
I actually think just within NECA the 12" has issues, I don't know why but to me the 12" Pescadero looks lesser than the 7", I wish the 12" looked like the 7" does to me.

Yeah I am going backwards and saw some not so pretty Terminators so those were 7" I assume?

Update: ok now I am confused .... The good-looking ones are the 7" ?

No the 12" are better , but the best quality neca bring always with 18"

7" have almost bad likeness and the probem is NECA did too many in last time i hope this will change soon. :monkey4

I actually think just within NECA the 12" has issues, I don't know why but to me the 12" Pescadero looks lesser than the 7", I wish the 12" looked like the 7" does to me.

I'd be the opposite, I think the 'stretched' look of the 12" compared to the 7" looks more accurate to his real proportions.

Yeah I am going backwards and saw some not so pretty Terminators so those were 7" I assume?

Update: ok now I am confused .... The good-looking ones are the 7" ?

My photos are of the 7", I've not taken photos of the 12" figure.

I'd be the opposite, I think the 'stretched' look of the 12" compared to the 7" looks more accurate to his real proportions.

Maybe, but I look at the 7" and I think it looks fantastic, and I look at the 12" and it looks like a different figure rather than just a larger version of the small one, and I prefer the look of the smaller one.

The smaller ones can get away with the sculpted clothes, paint apps etc. The 12" one can but just barely. The 7" inch are just better for some reason. I think the figures suit the 7" style more than 12".

The smaller ones can get away with the sculpted clothes, paint apps etc. The 12" one can but just barely. The 7" inch are just better for some reason. I think the figures suit the 7" style more than 12".

When theres 12" alternatives like the HT one out there then yeah, the non-completist would be advised to skip Necas one and maybe instead go for the 7"ers. But if there was no HT figure I would deem the 12" Neca as essential. I did feel it was a better representation than Sideshow's. Some here I know disagree, they have a similar attachment to that figure as I have to these ones.

I wonder if Neca will bother putting out any more T2 12"ers. I know they serve different markets of spender-power (though not with mutual exclusivity) but even as it was I think I remember Tankman saying that sales of the 12" Pescadero weren't as good as they were expecting and that thats why the 12" Final Battle got delayed while they tried to give the Pescadero more time to sell through....or something. So I have doubts whether we'll see any 12" T-1000 from them.

When theres 12" alternatives like the HT one out there then yeah, the non-completist would be advised to skip Necas one and maybe instead go for the 7"ers. But if there was no HT figure I would deem the 12" Neca as essential. I did feel it was a better representation than Sideshow's. Some here I know disagree, they have a similar attachment to that figure as I have to these ones.

I wonder if Neca will bother putting out any more T2 12"ers. I know they serve different markets of spender-power (though not with mutual exclusivity) but even as it was I think I remember Tankman saying that sales of the 12" Pescadero weren't as good as they were expecting and that thats why the 12" Final Battle got delayed while they tried to give the Pescadero more time to sell through....or something. So I have doubts whether we'll see any 12" T-1000 from them.

cannot even compare the two, the sideshow version is just terrible.
T2-T800_Sideshow-3.jpg
arnie1.gif

What is this, schwarzenegger ? definitly NO
You must be under hard drugs to see Schwarzenegger here
No even for 2$ dollars

Necas own fault, who wants have these little figures, here in europe via internet nobody buy 12", and i uderstand this!

Neca bring only 7" and 18" figures in the past and now 12" ?!?! WHY for what, nobody is so stupid and jumps to the 12" format.

This is a asskick for many many people, specialy for 18" Collectors

Last edited:
I suppose it must be annoying for an 18inch collector that Neca all of a sudden stopped short of putting out the iconic T2 Arnie in that format.

Personally though I'm not interested in 18". Too big, they'd require a whole different system of shelving than the rest of my stuff and not enough characters would ever get made for my liking so ever since 18" Endo and Robo I just haven't gone there.

As for the Sideshow, well sure it looks awful now but when it was all we had I was able to appreciate it more. I just think it got owned in 2009 and moreso again now in 2010...as is just the natural progression of things.

Necas own fault, who wants have these little figures, here in europe via internet nobody buy 12", and i uderstand this!

What?

Neca bring only 7" and 18" figures in the past and now 12" ?!?! WHY for what, nobody is so stupid and jumps to the 12" format.

I'm that stupid. I got both of them.

The 18" figures are cool. I bought their 18" Endoskeleton when it first came out and loved it. But you know what, right now it's laying on a box, undisplayed. It's too large to fit on a shelf and there aren't too many 18" figures. I've looked into Robocop but it's like "meh, what am I going to do with this".

I'm probably in the minority but I love the 12" Pescadero T-800 and 12" Battle Damaged T-800. I'm a fan of 12" figures and prototype 2-Ups so these were obviously must haves. They're the right size and easy to display, not too big and not too small. I have no problem with them. While I would buy an 18" Arnold in a heartbeat I'm not so sure I'd like it at as much as the 7" and 12" format. Plus I'm sure the detail and sculpt would be off having it blown up a few inches more.

I'm perfectly content with these 7" and 12" figures (spanning from the hero Terminator and villain Terminator and two iconic versions of the hero in the latter size), minimates (tons of combinations and characters and the only way to get Miles Dyson) and Hot Toys.

We have 2" figures, 7" figures, 12" 2-ups and 12" high end. What more could we ask for? An 18" figure that would just collect dust? No thanks.

I'd buy an 18" Arnie. I know what you're getting at with not enough space to display it but if people can display 1:1 busts and have them look good, i'm sure there is a way. When i've seen the 18" neca stuff in shops like the Muhammed Ali and Freddie Mercury, they look like they would look cool in a collection.

Some 18" figures are cool.I only have one, the NECA's FreddyvsJason Freddy and he's on his box as well since i don't have a place to display it. I prefere having a shelf full of 7" figures. With this i'm not meaning 18 " are not cool..an Arnie t-800 in this scale would be epic. I hope guys at NECA think about it seriously and deliver it to all fans of this huge figures.And, by the way,make some changes, like removable glasses and add the Winchester+handgun, so you can display him from different moments from the film

18" looks much much better, if i have the choice between 1:1 Arnold or 7inch Arnold i preffer the 1:1 , small figures are boring and looks boring no matter how good the scuplt is.

Last edited:
Back