Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey man, do NOT backpedal on account of these guys. They're a good enough bunch but their opinions aren't always on the money. ;)

Just the other day they were all going off in the Indy forum about what a horrible movie Raiders of the Lost Ark was and how The Last Crusade was so much better because the knight at the end explained exactly what a good choice vs. a bad choice will get you in the grail chamber.

They said the script for Raiders was just awful because the Ark "hulked out" and went all ape____ on all the Nazis without any explanation and they chided the writers for Indy's "close your eyes Marion" when nothing in the movie ever established that the Ark only hated people looking at it or that Indy would ever know that it if did. It was brutal.

Then they went off about how stupid Ghostbusters was and how "it will never be a classic" because Zhul didn't spell out to Ray why she will never allow a mortal to stand in her presence for more than five seconds and what actually made her a god in her mind verses a human and so on. I said "but Ghostbusters is already kind of a classic" and they laughed at me and posted a gif of Ray saying "no, no, no, no, no, no" to all these different cartoon characters asking if he was a god.

:nana:

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

...but..it...was..on..screen...

...shaw even asks them...why they want to destroy us...in...the movie...

And it...was never...answered...so you...saying "this is...what happened"...is speculation/theory...and not...on-screen, in-film.....dotdotdot.....

And he's entitled to his opinion. Pretty simple. :wave

Absolutely. I haven't once said he's not. :wave

And it...was never...answered...so you...saying "this is...what happened"...is speculation/theory...and not...on-screen, in-film.....dotdotdot.....
I think you're confused. Or you're just trolling because you're stubborn and have obviously hopped aboard the Prometheus hating bandwagon.
What do you mean it was never answered? The reason as to why the engineers, our creators, want to destroy humanity? You're completely right. THAT was never answered.

But knowing that they wanted to destroy our race is enough evidence to understand why that specific engineer killed Weyland and co.

Why did the engineer "hulk out" on them?

Because "We were wrong about them. We were so wrong. We must leave"... What the ____ do you think she meant by that Devil?

That, right there, is what Elizabeth Shaw says on screen. She says "we were wrong about them".

Meaning, she thought everything would go swell..they'd all be nice and friendly, but they're actually not. They want to kill us. This is said in the film. David says it, Shaw says it, and even asks the engineer about it.

They. Want. To. Kill. Us.

That is why, that last engineer, killed Weyland and co.

This is so painfully obvious. He killed them because that's the whole point..they were wrong about it all.

None of this is my opinion. None of this is my theory. It's simply common sense.

It's like asking why the Queen Alien decided to "hulk out" on Ripley, Newt and Bishop. BECAUSE SHE ____ING WANTED THEM DEAD. :pow

The reason as to why the engineers, our creators, want to destroy humanity? You're completely right. THAT was never answered.

Told ya. :wave

And regarding the other stuff you said, when the Engineer wakes up he doesn't immediately go ape ____ killing everyone. I've seen people speculate it's because he was in hyper-sleep or whatever but that still makes no sense. I've seen that entire scene, and there's a significant pause in between the Engineer waking up and when he Hulks out. So that whole theory of "He was just carrying out his orders to destroy the humans" makes zero sense. Because he actually stands there for a few, looking at and listening to the gay robot, Memento and the slutty chick while they are going back and forth. If his mission was to destroy them, why didn't he immediately do that!? Riiiiight.. Plot hole. That's crappy writing right thurrr.

Never denied it, and that was never the argument. :wave

And regarding the other stuff you said, when the Engineer wakes up he doesn't immediately go ape ____ killing everyone. I've seen people speculate it's because he was in hyper-sleep or whatever but that still makes no sense. I've seen that entire scene, and there's a significant pause in between the Engineer waking up and when he Hulks out. So that whole theory of "He was just carrying out his orders to destroy the humans" makes zero sense. Because he actually stands there for a few, looking at and listening to the gay robot, Memento and the slutty chick while they are going back and forth. If his mission was to destroy them, why didn't he immediately do that!? Riiiiight.. Plot hole. That's crappy writing right thurrr.
Uh, it couldn't make more sense. He's been asleep. For two thousand years. The last time he saw humans, they had just invented the wheel.

Now they're in his spaceship, on his military outpost planet asking him a ____ load of questions..one of them even begins speaking to him in his own language.

If he didn't take a minute to analyze the situation he's in, you'd be complaining about that.

Also, you can tell he's still fatigued from the hypersleep because he almost stumbles out of the pod. He accidently bumps into Weyland. And he's kneeling when they're questioning him...as if he's dizzy, or confused..fatigued, etc.

But either way, he killed them because that's what they're plan was. To wipe out the humans. He observes them, most likely realizes that his mission is way over due and he needs to get his ____ together, disposes of them then hops in the pilot seat. Notice he doesn't run after Elizabeth...as if he doesn't care enough, as if he knows he needs to hurry and get the ship flying...

And did you really just call Noomi Rapace slutty?

Wait, you mean you haven't even seen the movie yet????

Please tell me you've seen this film now?

You've clearly already decided that you will hate the movie even before seeing it, so why even bother with On-Demand? :lol

Everything in here is just discussion. Has nothing to do with whether or not I'll like the film myself. Like I said, I like some movies that people think are garbage. Doesn't matter to me. When I watch it (and I will) I'll decide for myself. But honestly, I'm almost 100% sure I'll like it. Though there's a 20% chance that's wrong. :wave

I know but that's not the point. :lol

:lol:lol:lol

:1-1:

Remember in "Step Brothers" when the dad woke up Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly when they were sleepwalking and they totally freaked out and through him down the stairs?

Maybe that's what was going on with the Engineer.

Remember in "Step Brothers" when the dad woke up Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly when they were sleepwalking and they totally freaked out and through him down the stairs?

Maybe that's what was going on with the Engineer.

Interesting theory...

[ame]https://youtu.be/VpIKX8VIaT8[/ame]

:lol

:lol:rotfl

it was the HAIR. he woke up, struggled on his feet a bit then noticed HAIR. he was like "shat, they all got hair. beautiful hair...even this geriatric dood got hair" then david rubs it in some moar....and went ape____.

think about it, these guys created life. terraformed worlds and all that jazz...but they cant grow HAIR. alien vanity is a beaotch.

that's my HAIR theory. :lecture

Everything in here is just discussion. Has nothing to do with whether or not I'll like the film myself. Like I said, I like some movies that people think are garbage. Doesn't matter to me. When I watch it (and I will) I'll decide for myself. But honestly, I'm almost 100% sure I'll like it. Though there's a 20% chance that's wrong. :wave

So why are you waiting then? It really is something in IMAX 3D with a full surround IMAX sound system (and I hate 3D).

So your input in this thread is more for sh_its and giggles... Carry on then!

So why are you waiting then? It really is something in IMAX 3D with a full surround IMAX sound system (and I hate 3D).
After watching Avengers in 3D, I said I would never see another 3D movie.

Then for Prometheus, I had the timing wrong so I went ahead and bought tickets for the IMAX 3D viewing and I was amazed.

It was just so beautiful. So clear, so realistic. So intense.

I would have love to sit there and watch the Prometheus flying through space for the entire two-year trip.

Back