Official Sideshow Crimson Guards!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Offical Sideshow Crimson Guards!

My sentiments exactly, we will see tomorrow, SS hasnt disappointed yet, so lets see what the product reveal shows.

SS has disappointed me on the entire line so far with the only exception being the Cobra Trooper. Even the iconic Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow were less than stellar. I didn't think it was possible for them to mess up the Crimson Guard but they did.

If you aren't happy with Beachhead then there is no pleasing you.

SS has disappointed me on the entire line so far with the only exception being the Cobra Trooper. Even the iconic Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow were less than stellar. I didn't think it was possible for them to mess up the Crimson Guard but they did.

Do you actually own any of the figures? I've been wowed every time I've opened the box of one of the SS G.I. JOE figures. Got to agree with you on "not thinking it was possible for SS to screw up the Crimson Guard."

If you aren't happy with Beachhead then there is no pleasing you.

:lecture:lecture:exactly:

I'm torn. I still feel like a bit of a completist, even though I passed on the desert troops (I'll probably get them down the road).

It'd be difficult to not have a Crimson Guard in the collection, because they're so iconic, but if this turns out as bad as it looks so far, I may have to pass as well.

He is iconic, too important to screw up. If they don't fix it, I'll grab a helmet on the secondary market and tweak out my CCC. The helmet may not be great, but it's at least usable. The uniform is not. Unless those reveal pics are somehow mind blowing from what we got in the preview, I'm going that route.

Wow.

Beachhead, Storm Shadow, Stalker, Duke and Firefly are great figures. Snake Eyes and CC capture their source material well. Flint rocks with a few vintage tweaks. And while not vintage cannon, the Desert Troopers and Sniper are great as well.

Hawk and Rock N Rock look fantastic.

Zartan looks to be good as well.

Only ok figure is Dusty.

CCC doesn't exist.

Other than the Firefly Concept Art Snafu, the Crimsom Guard have been the only uggg inducing figure so far, and we've just seen a tease.

But then again, collect what you like. :hi5:

You should go back to collecting Ewok plush toys. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

Thats just crazy talk :cuckoo:

--

WELL . . .

It sucks to be you . . . YUB . . . YUB.

The same could be said with the same rationale/perspective for the entire line of SW figures, but I digress.

:lol

how can anyone say this Line is a dissapointment?? These are the best and most detailed G.I.Joes ever made,especially based on the 80's property..

how can anyone say this Line is a dissapointment?? These are the best and most detailed G.I.Joes ever made,especially based on the 80's property..

Hissyfit.com seems to be full of people who share that sentiment. :lol

:goodpost:

Right on.

That being said...as a general forum milieu. Negativity is usually magnified by 1,000,000 x's so those hypercriticals out there can pretend their soapboxes are worth standing on.

:nono

"The Exclusive Crimson Guard 12-inch Figure, which will include a switch-out unmasked SIEGIE portrait, will be priced at $139.99. Additionally, the regular version, without the additional switch-out accessory will be available for Pre-Order and priced at $139.99. Both versions will have a $14.00 non-refundable deposit charged within 24 to 48 hours after Pre-Orders of 2 pieces are placed, will be sold on a first come, first served basis, and will have the FLEXPay option available as a payment choice. Make sure you log into your newsletter account on October 6th, 2011 to secure this piece for your collection."

Classic bayoneted rifle included, and the red pleather doesn't look bad in the pics.

Still not 100% happy with the helmet, but this is a win. Sideshow even got the classic backpack down pat, AND it opens up to hold magazines and grenades.

I'm ordering two EXs.

Last edited:

This thing is pretty dope.

Sideshow can put out crap but this thing's a diamond.

Nailed it.

Back