Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would, but I think the character of Two-Face is more interesting than to have a Scarecrow level presence, not to mention, of the Batman villains, he's most easy to see fitting into Nolan's Gotham.

It's also been confirmed that Two-Face and Bats have a bit of a struggle/fight. Should be interesting.

I'm also really looking forward to Roberts' performance. From what we've seen, he seems FAR more "dangerous" and menacing than Falcone in Begins.

I think that no matter what happens, this movie is going to be very emotional. Major characters will die, but that's just what i heard. I'm on the same page as you guys in not having seen it.

It's also been confirmed that Two-Face and Bats have a bit of a struggle/fight. Should be interesting.

I'm also really looking forward to Roberts' performance. From what we've seen, he seems FAR more "dangerous" and menacing than Falcone in Begins.

Indeed, he's good at playing a d-bag gangster, not a bad thing, just saying I think he'll be an interesting character, I was excited when some new clips showed him to be more prominent than I thought he was going to be.

Wouldn't get your hopes up, guys. I, too, would love to see Two-Face fleshed out for longer than 30 minutes. His death would make sense, though. Kind of a grim, emotional close to a very dark film.

Yeah, it does sound like Two-Face gets slighted Venom-style, but I'm looking at it from the perspective that the entire film is the story arc of Harvey Dent's character--of which Two-Face is a part. From that point of view, it is entirely possible to have Two-Face die and still do justice to the character of Harvey Dent.

My main thing is, I hope to see a good showing of the psychological trauma that exists within Two-Face, the conflict between both sides. If we get a healthy does of that, and I can walk away feeling I saw every thing about Two-Face I could want, I'll be ok with him dying. If his time fails to deliver everything the character offers, then I'll view killing him off as tragic for the films because we never got to see a ture exploration of him.

My guess is, if Nolan is prepared to kill him off, then he will have fully explored the character's persona.

I sure hope it has nothing to do with fearing film goers wouldn't lineup for part 3 because his deformation is too grotesque or the CGI too costly.

You know there will be a third film I wonder who will be the character to face off against Batman if Two Face really does die in this film. The Joker most likely will not be recasted so I'm sure any plans for him are gone....looking at Nolan's Gotham I just don't see some of the other major Bat villains like The Penguin or The Riddler or Mr. Freeze being able to hold their weight and or look.

I don't know how I feel about a third film. As Nolan says over and over, make the best possible film THIS TIME (without thinking about a sequel). Every review says Eckhart's role really brings the DARK into TDK, and as Nolan said, his story is the 'backbone' of the film. You don't make a sub-par film so you can have an EASY option making another. You make the best film you can. If another story needs to be told, it will have its own film.

The interesting thing is that Goyer planned the reintroduction of Batman as a three part play which is why if you listen to Gordon's explanation of the bank robbery, its to be assumed that the bank robbery of the Joker takes place before the end of the first film and ties them together perfectly. If Nolan is making a stand alone film really then Goyer's story is probably just a loose guideline then a focus point like BB

I have to say, in film history, with stories and characters like Batman where certain characters can be in there beyond just a single film, they're often handled poorly, but I think Nolan has a nack for making a single film story about a character that could span multiple films and make it a satisfying appearance. I can see him treating TDK as Harvey/Two-Face's story and having the entirety of that story play out in one film, and if anyone could make that work, it'd be Nolan.

***IrishJedi to the front please. I repeat, IrishJedi, your party is waiting for you.***

Posted this in the other thread:
Saw it.

Loved it.

Very, very, very good but not quite "great". It IS flawed and I actually agree with many reviews that it's probably 20-30 minutes too long a feels a tad bloated overall. Some elements should have been trimmed, especially since others feel like they aren't given quite enough time.

It's hard for me to rate and rank something like this... something so anticipated and so hyped... immediately after the first viewing, but if pressed I'd have to put it up there with IRON MAN. Definitely one of the 2 best flicks this Summer and probably in the Top 5 superhero movies, period. It's just not the Second Coming. But it's close enough. It's better than BEGINS, and I liked that one a lot.

Anyway, I'm also a bit dazed right now. To be perfectly honest something happened today (a conversation I had) and a thread in the film mirrored it almost exactly. And that knocked me on my ass, especially due to the emotional weight and density of the movie.

I'm in a very brooding place right now.

Oh, and this is neither a spoiler or anything surprising at all but

HEATH LEDGER OWNS

In fact, all of the performances are top-notch... including Maggie Gyllenhal as Rachel. But he steals it, absolutely. But not in a show-you-up way like Nicholson in the '89 film, if that makes any sense.

Man, I hope that whatever happened with you bro... that it gets better... Sometimes it can be very jarring when you have something personal happen like that and then immediately see a movie that deals with the same issue or close enough to take your breath away...

I cannot wait to finally watch this movie a few times to really let my thoughts collect on it.

I was just watching a morning tv programme here and they started talking about this saying the premiere was last night in NY, all they could talk about was Heath Ledger, saying how his dad was there, he didnt do the red carpet but just came out after the showing and gave all the fans a thumbs up apprently, which I thought was awesome :rock
x

Man, I hope that whatever happened with you bro... that it gets better... Sometimes it can be very jarring when you have something personal happen like that and then immediately see a movie that deals with the same issue or close enough to take your breath away...

That's the #1 reason I anticipate seeing this movie. Not in any direct way like Carl had, but in some capacity, I sense that Bruce's state of mind and emotion in this movie is going to connect with some things I've dealt with and I think it'll be a therapeutically entertaining time to see this movie.

I want so badly to read every post in this thread, but dare not....
I will return to it after I have seen the movie. So far, I have not watched TV and seen anything. No premiere or anything. No previews either. Hope I can keep this up for two more days....

I'll be back here soon I am sure. :rock

Back