Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing I prefer in Batman Begins over The Dark Knight is the overall atmosphere. I would have liked some rain and some actual bats in this movie. Plus Gotham looked too nice in this film. As an overall film, this movie in my opinion makes Batman Begins look like a piece of ^^^^ and I really like Batman Begins.
i agree. the DK looked waaaay to modern while BB had a kind of rustic retro feel even though it didnt take place in the past. if that makes sense.

i agree. the DK looked waaaay to modern while BB had a kind of rustic retro feel even though it didnt take place in the past. if that makes sense.

Seriously, that scene in Hong Kong wouldn't have looked out of place in this film's Gotham.

One thing that irritates me, and it's more to do with Batman Begins.

"Tonight you're going to break your one rule."

We all know what that rule is. Problem is he already broke it at the end of Begins.

Sure he didn't outright kill Ras, but he didn't save him on purpose. They could have did that so much better. Maybe after saying I'm not going to kill you, knock Ras out. Blow out the back and grapple out with him. Or backing up, stop the train (since it still should have set off the water main) and beat the ^^^^ out of each other. Something, because it really affects everything.

Too late now, but I have to wonder why they did that. It was really stupid. It's a big problem I have with the first. That last act. Everything up till that is great, but it almost ruins things. Can't just ignore it.

Like you'd think Batman would have offed the Joker after all he has done.

Saying that, I don't have much of a problem with Two-Face's death. It seems more an accident than deliberate.

He saved his life once, and Ras came back and almost killed him. So, his ass ever getting saved again would be pretty slim.

Batmans rule is he wont KILL anyone. Letting them die is diffrent, but he wont kill them.

I thought it was quit interesting that Batman actually got to kill Two-Face. And I found it very surprising that DC would let him. Usually in these movies the bad guy can only die through the tired old cliche of their own attempt at killing the hero backfiring or somesuch. But in this case Batman tackles Two-Face and throws him to his death. There's no wiggle room of it somehow being Two-Face's own doing.

Perhaps the story resolution with the Joker (and indeed the ferry full of criminals) being so ardently anti-death penalty allows for the mature handling of the sequence.

We all know what that rule is. Problem is he already broke it at the end of Begins.

Sure he didn't outright kill Ras, but he didn't save him on purpose. They could have did that so much better. Maybe after saying I'm not going to kill you, knock Ras out. Blow out the back and grapple out with him. Or backing up, stop the train (since it still should have set off the water main) and beat the ^^^^ out of each other. Something, because it really affects everything. Can't just ignore it.

Too late now, but I have to wonder why they did that. It was really stupid. It's a big problem I have with the first. That last act.

Same here. The 3rd Act of BEGINS is a total mess, and that is the coupe de grace of weakness.

But I also assume some of the people in the League of Shadows (like the fake Ra's) died due to his actions in the first Act as well, which is also weak.

One thing that irritates me, and it's more to do with Batman Begins.

"Tonight you're going to break your one rule."

Sure he didn't outright kill Ras, but he didn't save him on purpose. They could have did that so much better. Maybe after saying I'm not going to kill you, knock Ras out. Blow out the back and grapple out with him. Or backing up, stop the train (since it still should have set off the water main) and beat the ^^^^ out of each other. Something, because it really affects everything. Can't just ignore it.

Too late now, but I have to wonder why they did that. It was really stupid. It's a big problem I have with the first. That last act. Everything up till that is great, but it almost ruins things.

Saying that, I don't have much of a problem with Two-Face's death. It seems more an accident than deliberate.
well he didnt kill him but he didnt save him. batman isnt a people's champion. he's a vigilante trying to put fear in criminals. now spiderman would have saved him.:lol

I thought it was quit interesting that Batman actually got to kill Two-Face. And I found it very surprising that DC would let him. Usually in these movies the bad guy can only die through the tired old cliche of their own attempt at killing the hero backfiring or somesuch. But in this case Batman tackles Two-Face and throws him to his death. There's no wiggle room of it somehow being Two-Face's own doing.

Perhaps the story resolution with the Joker (and indeed the ferry full of criminals) being so ardently anti-death penalty allows for the mature handling of the sequence.

Hence...he broke his one rule.

The big difference is that Ras died as a direct result of Batman's actions. He disabled the train, which was the right thing to do of course. But by refusing to save Ras, he also effectively killed him.

Maybe his one rule is changing to reflect a more realistic view of combat. When fighting people trying to kill other people, there is going to be death -- and in truth, the audeince demands it. Perhaps Batman's rule has changed to be that he won't "execute" people.

The big difference is that Ras died as a direct result of Batman's actions. He disabled the train, which was the right thing to do of course. But by refusing to save Ras, he also effectively killed him.
true but he didnt deliver a killing blow. it's a fine line i know but he's trying not to be an executioner that kills in cold blood.

He didnt kill Harvey in cold blood either. Oh yes, he broke his rule, but he needed to. It was Harvey, or Gordan's family.

It's funny--I interpreted things totally differently.

I thought that his number one rule was, "You do not talk about Fight Club." And as tough as things got throughout the course of the film, he never did talk about Fight Club--so he remains a man who sticks to his principles.

It's funny--I interpreted things totally differently.

I thought that his number one rule was, "You do not talk about Fight Club." And as tough as things got throughout the course of the film, he never did talk about Fight Club--so he remains a man who sticks to his principles.
i thought his number 1 rule was not to pull out the bat credit card and say "never leave home without it". id say he followed that rule pretty close thank the gods.

when bruce wayne had lucius design him a new suit he should have started walking away and then stopped and turn to say:

Wayne:"Oh and lucius?"
Lucius:"Yes, Mr. Wayne?"
Wayne:"Hold the nipples."*winks*

Back