Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to talk about the awesomeness of a set up my IMAX theater had. As you go up the escalator, they turned it into a "Bat cave". Inclosed and everything. Little bat logos everywhere. So badass. Then you follow more Bat logos with HA HA HA painted on them. That was cool! All the attendents were wearing "I belive in Harvey Dent" pins...WHY SO SERIOUS shirts...

The best part though, was when you sit down in the theater, you can hear TDK score in the backround while you wait. Then before the film starts (after the trailers) they had this TOTALLY badass into.

"Good evening ladies and GentleMEN."

"Were tonights ENTERTAINMENT."

"And...here...we...GO!"

*lights go down*

"WOOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

*and the movie starts*

That was the coolest EVER!

Catwoman would be fine. As long as she doesnt get resurrected by cats....just a cat burgler. Mabye a side villian, becomes good in the end...who knows.

(looking at your sig, Lena Headey would make a sexy Catwoman)

Catwoman would be fine. As long as she doesnt get resurrected by cats....just a cat burgler. Mabye a side villian, becomes good in the end...who knows.

(looking at your sig, Lena Headey would make a sexy Catwoman)
it be cool if she tries to get batman to join her in a life of crime now that he is on the run.

Ah. That could work. I'd like to see Catwoman live for once...killing TWO love intrestes in the span of 2 movies would just be silly.

Catwoman did live in Batman Returns. The back of her head pops up on the screen in the closing shot.

Plus I highly doubt they'd use the Returns origin of her being brought back to life by cats.

Oh yeah....hehe. I forgot...

Anyway, they've JUST recast Heath for the next batman movie!!!

Its UNCANNY!

888632.jpg

:horror

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

The outfit actually doesn't look bad.

Watched the 2:25am show this morning. It's now 4:50 pm.

WOW. Loved it.

The show didn't seem like it was 2 1/2 hours to me, seemed shorter. I hope there weren't any scenes censored. Either that or I enjoyed it so much that time just flew by. I found myself constantly waiting for Joker to appear on screen to see what else the maniac would do next.

The audience at my show were basically "well-behaved" throughout. The only times there were any sort of reactions were mainly the Joker scenes. Example:

1 - The magic trick: you could hear the audience groan out loud

2 - The hospital scenes: when Joker sits down beside Harvey and says "Hi" with the goofy looking (shy?) smile on his face. The whole wig and expression was pure GOLD. Then there's the hand washing and the detonation to blow up the hospital

3 - Batman's confrontation with Sal Maroni at the club. When Batman drops him and you hear the crunch of the bones when Maroni's legs hit the pavement *loud audience groan as if to go "OUCCCCCCHHHHHH"

A couple of things that I noticed or I might have missed:

1. In Batman Begins, when Batman visits Gordon at his home while he's taking out the trash, I think I noticed that Gordon's child (son or daughter) toddler sitting in the kitchen with his wife. Batman Begins was 1 year (est) in the movie timeline. But Gordon's children seem to be like 3 - 4 years old in TDK?

2. When they were looking for Maroni's moles/informants in the Police Dept, why did they start looking for people who had family in the hospitals? I might have missed that part, I mean - how did they come up to that conclusion?

3. Who were the 5 people that Harvey killed and Batman taking the blame for?

There are a couple of things that got me thinking, trying to find the connections etc. but they've slipped my mind for now.

As for the ending, I guess Bruce was really touched by Harvey's speech at the restaurant "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain".

A complete reversal of roles, where Batman and Gordon conspired to have Harvey remembered as the Hero/White Knight of Gotham, while Batman has now become the "villain" taking the responsibilities for the deaths of those people.

Can't wait for the DVD!

2. When they were looking for Maroni's moles/informants in the Police Dept, why did they start looking for people who had family in the hospitals? I might have missed that part, I mean - how did they come up to that conclusion?

It wasn't for that reason. I think it was to see if any police had family members in the hospital, because they may be inclined to take out Reese (or whatever his name was, the guy who said he knew Batman's identity) and they were trying to keep him safe...

Back