Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wasn't for that reason. I think it was to see if any police had family members in the hospital, because they may be inclined to take out Reese (or whatever his name was, the guy who said he knew Batman's identity) and they were trying to keep him safe...

OK - it looks like a 2nd viewing of the movie might be in order!

I remember Joker calling the station while Reese (I think that's his name) was being interviewed by Mike Engel. And Joker gave a timeline like 60 minutes or so. Why would people want to kill Reese? Was there a reward given by the Joker?

I think the Joker did say something about changing his mind about finding out the true identity of Batman....

I really need to go watch this film again! :D

OK - it looks like a 2nd viewing of the movie might be in order!

I remember Joker calling the station while Reese (I think that's his name) was being interviewed by Mike Engel. And Joker gave a timeline like 60 minutes or so. Why would people want to kill Reese? Was there a reward given by the Joker?

I think the Joker did say something about changing his mind about finding out the true identity of Batman....

I really need to go watch this film again! :D

OK - I just had an online chat with my cousin who also saw the movie today. He told me that the deadline was given to kill Reese or he'll blow up the hospitals one after the other.

That was why they were looking for cops who had family in the hospitals. I must've missed out that part while I was watching the movie :D

Also when I was watching the movie, I kept thinking that the SWAT guy looked like Jon Favreau. The guy who was doing most of the talking when they were transporting Harvey Dent and the Joker pulls up in the semi and starts taking shots at the armored van.

Last edited:
No??? :horror Where? I assume you mean some small gangster guy that could be the Penguin?

When the gangsters are all together for the meeting near the beginning of the movie. A guy brings a TV and sets it in front of them. Look at the left side, the closest gangster to the TV. He is a fat white guy with his left hand very obviously sitting in front of him. His hand only has 3 very stubby fingers.

Note that we never see this guy again in the movie and that his hand is very obviously placed and never moves in the scene. I'd say it has to be a cameo of Penguin.

I'll have to watch out for that when I see it again. Did you read that somewhere or do you just have an amazing eye?

I'll have to watch out for that when I see it again. Did you read that somewhere or do you just have an amazing eye?

Just an amazing eye! :monkey5

Really though. In a comic book movie, if they ever have a large group on people together there will usually be a cameo in there.

I'm sure there are more in the movie but I'm not really a DC fan.

When the gangsters are all together for the meeting near the beginning of the movie. A guy brings a TV and sets it in front of them. Look at the left side, the closest gangster to the TV. He is a fat white guy with his left hand very obviously sitting in front of him. His hand only has 3 very stubby fingers.

Note that we never see this guy again in the movie and that his hand is very obviously placed and never moves in the scene. I'd say it has to be a cameo of Penguin.

I'll keep that in mind. Will probably be watching it again on Wednesday! Thanks for the heads up :D

I am not a soundtrack person but I just downloaded the full thing off of Amazon. I loved this movie!

Just came back from watching it again this morning (non-IMAX and by myself) and the theater was STILL packed! On a Sunday morning!!! I remember a few of us were discussing those "Gotham Tonight with Mike Engle" episodes online, and after the one with Dent on and them talking about the bank robbery, Engle said the next episode would be an interview with the mayor. I just realized today that it's already in the movie at the beginning.

And I love seeing that magic trick again!

Just came back from watching it again this morning (non-IMAX and by myself) and the theater was STILL packed! On a Sunday morning!!! I remember a few of us were discussing those "Gotham Tonight with Mike Engle" episodes online, and after the one with Dent on and them talking about the bank robbery, Engle said the next episode would be an interview with the mayor. I just realized today that it's already in the movie at the beginning.

And I love seeing that magic trick again!

How many times have you seen this one already? I am watching it for the third time tonight.

Back