Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So poor programing not warning you that something is running or you are signed in. Seriously thats a VERY BIG programing mistake if those can cause serious issues update. Its not even complicated to have a window saying your logged in or this is running continuing is not recommended. Its not like the programmers dont have access to ALL code for the OS to make the warnings.

Beats me, not my problem...

Telling you it's the users doing it. there's no rhyme to the pattern all different ones anywhere are "bricking"...but I don't think many are.

People don't sign out in order to update...they just go right to update or have something running, something on there system, it's the people...not the update.

If it were the update everyone's would have bricked. If it's the people only some will have...

WTF are you talking about dude??? I was signed in and had just finished playing some COD4 and looked in the upper right corner and say the update thingy. I just went right to system update and it went off without a hitch.

And how can you have "something running" on the PS3. Either you are doing something or you aren't.

And this has happened multiple times. There have been many instances of PS3s bricking when they get the new updates, mainly with the 2.01 firmware update, so this is nothing new. There is a thing called bugs and they will never be completely gone. It just takes that one little action to set something off.

That's why game developers spend a crap ton of money to have people play games to to figure out the bugs in them.

And how would you know that there is no rhyme to the pattern of PS3s bricking?? Are you in contact with the PS3 dev team about what has been happening??

Well, mine worked perfectly last night. DLed it as soon as it came out and played COD4 for like 2 hours and then watched Semi-Pro and had zero problems!

Turned it on just now to pop in Live Free or Die Hard(In BR!!) and nothing wrong.

me too, and i love Live Free or Die Hard blu ray...just wish it was the unrated version.

So poor programing not warning you that something is running or you are signed in. Seriously thats a VERY BIG programing mistake if those can cause serious issues update. Its not even complicated to have a window saying your logged in or this is running continuing is not recommended. Its not like the programmers dont have access to ALL code for the OS to make the warnings.

agreed...the fact that the firmware was pulled for further testing is testament that its a faulty update. and from what i've been using its half assed anyways. in game soundtracks need to be working ASAP. no more excuses. having XMB is great because one can finally check messages and chat without quitting a game, but sony needs to quit procrastinating and get custom soundtracks.

I don't think a single person said anything about that Nash. No 360 fanboys starting ^^^^(Well maybe Natrix lol). This is PS3 guys talking. Hell, like I said, nothing wrong with mine.

But there was an article on Gizmodo, Engadget and on the PS3 blog this morning about mad PS3s getting bricked from the update. They pulled it to see why that was happening, so not a big deal.

I'm sure Sony will let us know in a day or 2 what happened. Until then, most people can get over not have in-game XMB. Boo!

Not a 360 fan boy, I have all three systems and they all have their strengths and weaknesses.

The PS3 is so easy to update there is no way to mess it up unless you shut it off while updating. There is no way that all these issues were user errors and that Sony would have pulled the update unless they were getting tons of calls and complaints.

i can't get my ps3 to pick up my wireless network (it shouldn't be as hard as it is to get it to connect) so I never got the update.

office is closing today.....well right now so I'm going home to try and finish up MGS4.

It isn't difficult at all, you just need to have all of your Network info or just have it look for it automatically.

For an average person with no networking knowledge YES it is. Average people don't know what NAT settings are and such.

It isn't difficult at all, you just need to have all of your Network info or just have it look for it automatically.

yeah the automatically option didn't work, which it should have since all of my other devices sync up with no problem. I'm going to have to get the info and enter it manually once I have a reason to go online.

i can't get my ps3 to pick up my wireless network (it shouldn't be as hard as it is to get it to connect) so I never got the update.

When I first got my PS3 a couple months ago, it wouldn't see my wireless network either. I plugged it in with a wired connection, downloaded the latest update (I don't know what it was at the time), and ever since then I've been able to get my wireless network.

Maybe you have something similar going on? Otherwise, perhaps your network is "hidden" and you need to manually enter a network ID...

When I first got my PS3 a couple months ago, it wouldn't see my wireless network either. I plugged it in with a wired connection, downloaded the latest update (I don't know what it was at the time), and ever since then I've been able to get my wireless network.

Maybe you have something similar going on? Otherwise, perhaps your network is "hidden" and you need to manually enter a network ID...

yeah i was thinking about taking the ethernet cable from the 360 and plugging it into the ps3 for the update. hopefully it will recognize it from that point on but it's not that big of a deal but i am looking forward to the new update.

For you peps who recently purchased a PS3, and are looking for a good game at a clearanced price... Target has Heavenly Sword for $15 (varies by store). Good luck finding it, since I had no luck :(.

For you peps who recently purchased a PS3, and are looking for a good game at a clearanced price... Target has Heavenly Sword for $15 (varies by store). Good luck finding it, since I had no luck :(.

Damn Ima have to look!

For an average person with no networking knowledge YES it is. Average people don't know what NAT settings are and such.

agreed....i had the hardest time explaining this to my parents when they got Cable internet. basically i told them to call tech support and sendsomeone out. i got tired of spending 15 minutes telling them exactly how to do it on the phone only to spend another 20 minutes driving over there to spend 5 minutes fixing it. :lol

exactly, i got my ps3 connected to my router in a couple of minutes. most of the people ^^^^^ing and moaning about the wireless not working doesnt have their router settings set properly, or isn't entering the information in the PS3 correctly.

PS: Im an average person with no networking knowledge. maybe im just talented.

exactly, i got my ps3 connected to my router in a couple of minutes. most of the people ^^^^^ing and moaning about the wireless not working doesnt have their router settings set properly, or isn't entering the information in the PS3 correctly.

No, it should do it automatically. My buddy turned his on and it was detected and connected by itself within 25 seconds. If you can't find it, then it's either defective or some setting on your network.

No according to Teemu's latest video in the sandbox it is all do to the flouride still. :lol We are all too stupid to do it. Maybe you just stayed away from flouride as a child.

As for the wireless it depends on how you have your network setup. If you network is wide open then yes the automatic will work honestly its better if it doesn't. You should need to at least put in the wireless key. To be honest the wireless setup isn't any harder then a PC. The Nat is a pain in the ass if your nor network savvy.

Back