Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well apparently I have already downloaded the update. :eek: Must have been when I played Resistance 2 a couple weeks ago.....so far no problems. *knocks on wood*

Yeah once you start up R2 it makes sure you have the latest update.

Bought a 80 GB PS3 just over two weeks ago. I got it mostly to watch Blu-Ray, but my current HDTV doesn't have HDMI ports and I won't have my new HDTV until Feb 20.

I'm thinking about picking up a game for around $30 or $40 to tide me over until I can watch my BDs. Any recommendations? I'm leaning towards Resistance: Fall of Man.

Bought a 80 GB PS3 just over two weeks ago. I got it mostly to watch Blu-Ray, but my current HDTV doesn't have HDMI ports and I won't have my new HDTV until Feb 20.

I'm thinking about picking up a game for around $30 or $40 to tide me over until I can watch my BDs. Any recommendations? I'm leaning towards Resistance: Fall of Man.

resistance is a good game, i would also recommend uncharted or metal gear solid 4.

Just beat Uncharted last night. What a great game. The medals add a little something extra too.

I now have no good PS3 games to play though.

2.60 coming soon

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/01/20/upcoming-ps3-firmware-v260-update/

Hi, everyone, we have a system software updates for PS3 coming soon, and I wanted to provide you with a sneak peak at the details.

The PS3 firmware update (v2.60) is designed primarily to enhance the system’s media capabilities. The key feature is a new Photo Gallery application, which delivers a suite of tools for sorting through and displaying your digital photo collection. Digital pictures can be organized in groups according to various criteria, including the camera used to take the photos, the event date and time, colors in the photos, as well as the number, ages, or facial expressions of the people pictured. You can also create slideshows set to music and build photo playlists with an easy-to-use interface. The Photo Gallery application will need to be installed separately from the XMB after you update your PS3’s firmware. To install the Photo Gallery application, go to the Photo section on the XMB, select Photo Gallery and press the X button.

The 2.60 update also includes:

* Guest access to PlayStation Store – This enables non-PlayStation Network members to browse through the storefront to check out the latest games, demos, videos, etc.
* DivX 3.11 support – Videos in this format can now be played on PS3.

Wow, that's crazy they haven't gotten it back to you yet.
Have you called them to see what's taking so long?

I just got my shipping labe to return it to them (a warranty through Target), so now I send it to Pennsylviania for it to be repaired. Ugh. :(

I think I'll do the update either tonight or tomorrow, just to see what happens.

Someone hold me, I'm scared.

Back