Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother wants to buy the Sony wireless headset but we noticed today that it's sold out everywhere. Are they making a new one or are they not able to keep up with demand?

We live in denmark so buying from Amazon.com will end up being costly :emperor

He know's any bluetooth headset works (using one now) but he wants a Sony which is sold out all the places we've looked. So i just thought i'd check here if maybe someone's heard anything about maybe a new headset or something?

We live in denmark so buying from Amazon.com will end up being costly :emperor

He know's any bluetooth headset works (using one now) but he wants a Sony which is sold out all the places we've looked. So i just thought i'd check here if maybe someone's heard anything about maybe a new headset or something?

d'oh! Sorry, didn't look at your location. Perhaps the shortage is related to the upcoming MAG bundle...

My brother wants to buy the Sony wireless headset but we noticed today that it's sold out everywhere. Are they making a new one or are they not able to keep up with demand?

I wouldn't spend the $$ on the Sony headset. Its not that great and for the same amount you can get a much nicer third party BT headset.

wanted to bump this, what are the best online co op games available on this system? Other than Uncharted 2, CoD and GTA.
Resident evil 5 is definitely up there. The game was made for online co-op, tbh! I don't know what it's like split screen.

Actually, can you have split screen on resi 5 story mode?

Anyways, online co-op with a friend going through the story is brilliant!

honestly don't get the Offical PS3 headset, I own it and its rather uncomfortable in the ear, it is a clear headset but gets sore after wearing it for some time

Best online ps3 games? (In no order)

Uncharted 2
MW2
MAG
RE5
GTA4 (the 360 exclusive DLC is coming to ps3 & pc soon)
Little Big planet (?)

I just got wireless today and I really want to hook up my PS3 to the internet to download a few things but hearing of all the crap going on with the last severall updates makes me real nervous. Is the update required to purchase downloads?

I just got wireless today and I really want to hook up my PS3 to the internet to download a few things but hearing of all the crap going on with the last severall updates makes me real nervous. Is the update required to purchase downloads?

usually updates are required to even go into the playstation store.

The problems with the latest update have been reportedly fixed. I've had it installed for a while now and have not had any problems. Go ahead and install it, as you'll need to do so to access anything online.

The problems with the latest update have been reportedly fixed. I've had it installed for a while now and have not had any problems. Go ahead and install it, as you'll need to do so to access anything online.

Same here. I hate how you are required to update it to do anything on PSN. I'd much rather had it required to use the PSN store and Home, and require game updates to play the games. I have an old 60GB that I'm constantly worried will croak on me at any moment, and since I play online with it I always have to update it. :confused:

What problems where there with 3:15 :confused:

Apparently the 3.15 as well as it's 3.xx predecessors made certain games freeze, caused the BR drive to mess up and basically turning the PS3 into a fancy black brick. From what I read, it mainly seems to affect older fat models like the 20,60,40,80,160 gb models but I have heard of it affecting a few slims as well.

From High-Def Digest:
https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Sony/PS3/3D/PS3_Getting_3D_Update_This_Summer/4231

PS3 Getting 3D Update This Summer

Sony’s giving you yet another reason not to buy a standalone Blu-ray player.

Still using your PS3 as a Blu-ray player? Well this summer you’ll have even more reason not to pick up a standalone device as Sony will be upgrading the firmware to add 3D support.

John Koller, director of hardware marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment of America, spoke up about the PS3’s 3D capabilities in an interview this week. “3D is a major part of our initiatives in 2010,” said Koller. “We’re currently developing 3D stereoscopic games to come in conjunction with the launch of Sony's 3D compatible BRAVIA LCD TV in summer 2010.”

In addition to the 3D games that will be launching, he talked a bit about a firmware update that should be hitting at right around the same time. No matter what model of Playstation 3 you own, you’ll be getting 3D content. Koller added, “All PS3 units that exist in homes and markets will be able to play 3D stereoscopic games as well as 3D BD movies through separate firmware upgrades.”

Koller also pointed out the flexibility of the Playstation platform, in that you could easily upgrade your 40GB unit to a full 1TB unit with a simple hard drive swap. He was a bit quieter on the subject of cloud storage, simply saying “We plan to continue providing PS3 users with options so… they’ll have the storage space to accommodate the way they want to use their system.”

Back