Pokemon X & Y

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope cause it'll come out 2 months later if i recall it right. unless you can wait that long to start playing you're able to

nope cause it'll come out 2 months later if i recall it right. unless you can wait that long to start playing you're able to

Yeah, not only that, but it'll suck to play through the game starting out with LV 70+ pokemon. :lol Take you about a day to finish the game. :lol

oh i remember transfering my charizard to another game and it felt like i had ash's charizard :lol

I'm trying to level up as much as I can before transferring via this new system is up. I working on my Ghost types. I have no good ones at the moment.

is it possible to trade like a level 3 pidgey for a level 50 arcanine when trading with friends in the ds games? And can you use it immediately and not have to wait til the postgame?

oh most importantly, can you do this online and not locally?

is it possible to trade like a level 3 pidgey for a level 50 arcanine when trading with friends in the ds games? And can you use it immediately and not have to wait til the postgame?

I'm not the best person to ask as I haven't made a trade since the Gameboy Color days, but any trade should work. And you can't trade while in the middle of a battle (to my knowledge), so you'd probably have to wait until before or after to do so.

Not sure how online trading works though (vs locally).

Are you talking about GTS trading? then your pokemon needs to be a specific lvl that the other trainer ask for in order to get his pokemon. some peeps put up their shinies and want a Zekrom (or any other Genderless lengendary) Lvl 9 and under which is impossible to get but they ask for it just to tease that they have a shiny that you most likely want...

any other trading way, Local or online with friends, doesnt matter what lvl your pokemons are.

I think you can trade for higher levels, but they won't obey you if you don't have enough gym badges.

Correct, hence the talk about my charizard

0 badges allows you up to Lv. 10
2 badges allows you up to Lv. 30
4 badges allows you up to Lv. 50
6 badges allows you up to Lv. 70
8 badges allows you up to any level

So if you trade in a lvl 30 pokemon, it'll start obeying after the second gym

Last edited:
I was thinking more about this Pokemon bank stuff...

So theoretically, does this mean:

-I can start a new game on Pokemon X/Y, receiving get my starter. Transfer it to the bank, then delete my game and start a new one. Get another starter. Then transfer my 'old' starter from the bank back to my new game. Thus keeping BOTH starters???

Seems like a way to 'cheat the system' and would be surprised if 'they' allowed this. Then again, not sure it 'they' would care. :lol

yes you can. i did that with all the previous games. transfering them to another game. restart the game and so on and started my game with al 3 starters. its just annoying when they reach over lvl 10 they start disobeying you untill you've earned your second badge plus they earn Double XP so they lvl up faster than normal. but it makes the game more challenging or rather frustrating. :lol

yes you can. i did that with all the previous games. transfering them to another game. restart the game and so on and started my game with al 3 starters. its just annoying when they reach over lvl 10 they start disobeying you untill you've earned your second badge plus they earn Double XP so they lvl up faster than normal. but it makes the game more challenging.

Why do they earn double XP? Is that just what happens when you receive a pokemon from a trade?

I meant online with friends. I'd like to have all 3 kalos starters and all 3 kanto starters at the beginning of the game instead of waiting after the elite 4 for the palpark to open or whatever x&y will have if I used the pokebank.

I meant online with friends. I'd like to have all 3 kalos starters and all 3 kanto starters at the beginning of the game instead of waiting after the elite 4 for the palpark to open or whatever x&y will have if I used the pokebank.

But we don't know how soon the Kanto starters are obtainable. Might be halfway through the game. No real timeframe was given.

Back