PREDATOR 1 Remake???!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But Predator played the horror/suspense game as well. It had "action" heroes, but the mystery monster leaving bodies behind in mysterious ways was very much like a classic horror. The jungle was the haunted house that the group was trying to leave. The action in Predator really got down to the last act. Besides big guns, and that assault on that camp (sans Pred), there wasn't a lot of action in the second act.

my simple mind cant break it down like that :lol but i guess your right. but to me they sway more towards action with elements of scifi and horror.

we should all work for fox :rock:rock:rock

I had low expectations too, and still disliked it. I was really hoping the freshness of the first would carry over and they'd just add some great action set-pieces.

I put it up there with the Brosnan Bonds -- ultimately unmemorable. In fact, I can't remember much of anything in QOS except that Roman Polanski twerp/villain.

Dont worry....I thought of the whole flick is filler anyway. Writers strike and all that. The third should be much better.

Even though I no longer post on AVP Galaxy, I thought I'd pop on over there and see if they were talking about.

"Corporal Hicks" (guy that runs the place for those that don't know), contacted Fox and NOTHING is going on.

No remake, no reboot.

Bloody Hell NO!
The 1st Predator movie is fine the way it is!
Is Hollywood sooooo much out of original ideas they have to remake every movie?
This is why the settled the writers strike? To re-hash old movies?
WTF!:banghead
:chew

Bloody Hell NO!
The 1st Predator movie is fine the way it is!
Is Hollywood sooooo much out of original ideas they have to remake every movie?
This is why the settled the writers strike? To re-hash old movies?
WTF!:banghead
:chew

I guess you missed this:

Even though I no longer post on AVP Galaxy, I thought I'd pop on over there and see if they were talking about.

"Corporal Hicks" (guy that runs the place for those that don't know), contacted Fox and NOTHING is going on.

No remake, no reboot.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and say that I'd really love to see this happen.

Of course, nothing could replace the original. But I like the idea of a bunch of Spec Ops going against a bunch of Preds.

That would be damn cool.

I want them too do it. I just want to see everybody go crazy when they do !. :lol
Nothing wil replace the original and its not like it would dissapear so even if it was true its not a problem imo.

I thought Predator was an outstanding movie. Do I think it needs a reboot? No. Am I game for another Predator movie even if the producers only want to go after the reboot? HELL YES.

Bottom line, the "abnormal" (freaks) diehard fans will cry to the Predator GODS not to do a reboot. The simple fact remains though, those of us here and other fanboy boards represent what? MAYBE a quarter of the ticket sales generated at the boxoffice?

All of those screaming bloody murder about how much AVPR "sucked" yadayada, someone google the numbers for me to be sure but that movie did pretty well on ticket sales.

The point is, it's all about the coolness factor. Reintroducing the simplistic plot/nature of the first movie to the up and coming kids/fans, even if it means hurting a few fan's feelings who will no longer have a nerdgasm over the basis of continuity.

I have a much bigger problem with avp sucking than a remake of predator.

I hated how much of a let down avp-r ( and avp to a certain extent ) was in terms of an overall movie since it was made from two classic movie monsters both with huge fan bases behind them.

Now if predator was remade and sucked I woudn't be bothered. Theres no classic avp.
Thats the part thats a shame.
Regardless of who likes the avp movies in most opinions they wil always be looked at as the weakest ones in both franchises wheter you like alien or predator.

Now I know its very unikely that avp woud of been better than the first two films in both franchises anyway but it coud of tried alot harder.... thats for sure.

not to diss your man at avp galaxy but if they were only talking about it, would they actually tell him :lol :huh

A. He isn't 'my man'
B. I dislike the ^^^^ out of the forum, because all they do is ^^^^^.

With the amount of interviews they land over there, and the connections Hicks seems to have with people at Darkhorse, and Fox... I really doubt they'd lie.

Would they tell him? ^^^^ if I know, but I don't know why in the Hell they wouldn't - it's not like it'd be a secret for a long time anyway. There is no weird cover up on another Predator, more than likely, they aren't doing a goddamn thing.

Back