Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the correct criticism is Tsang is a good sculptor but he failed to recreate the accurate predator. This statement should please both sides of the debate. Anyways, here's to hoping we will eventually get more and more better predator collectibles.
Hate to say it , even with this debate its all ready out of are hands.There probably will never be a 1/6 super predator do over.

I love the sculpt honestly, its very cool to have the chance to own these.Vs no chance.

IMO, his sculpting looks good...BUT, very bland and blank.(points at hellboy and avatard figure portraits) :lol

For the money that we are paying for these figures, and the movie accurate buffs out there, these are fair complaints. The guy is a good sculpter, but as mentioned earlier his accuracy is just a little off. his interpretation of berserker was better looking than what was shown in the movie IMO. If the goal is to get 100% accuracy, than the complaints are valid and Tsang is not doing his job. If the goal is to churn out a cool/detailed figure that asthetically looks nice but may not be "movie accurate" than Tsang is doing his job well.(With one exception being the tracker hound-I felt that the movie hound was better than Tsang's interpretation of it. I think the neca version of the hound seems more movie accurate and better looking from an asthetic standpoint than the hot toys version of the tracker hound)

Sorry to get off topic guys. Back to the Shadow Predator. I think it looks cool, and I think I'll pick one up even though it is not quite movie accurate.

Yeah I'm keeping mine too! Cheers :)
dcff02a4-33a6-8633.jpg

^whats with displaying Guardian without his mask? You're not the only one and I just don't get it. The mask is his unique feature, and the figure's raison d'etre :dunno

He looks great both with n without mask in my opinion. His grey colored skin sets him apart from my other preds. I have him displayed with his bio on though.
dcff0270-3f73-3f7c.jpg

Here's how I display him with the tribe lol
dcff0270-3fc8-35e9.jpg

^whats with displaying Guardian without his mask? You're not the only one and I just don't get it. The mask is his unique feature, and the figure's raison d'etre :dunno
Because his head paint looks awesome and you can always put the Bio in his hands or at his feet..

I would have been on your side had I not purchased the figure and saw how incredible it looked with, AND without the Bio..

it is. and i don't get it either. i just chalk it up to people who got it because it's limited and have no idea who he is or remember him in the movie. i'm a stickler for accuracy and the mask stays on.

it's also just about the coolest bio design in the franchise.

Breather piece looks good, maskless face looks good, mask looks good, too. I don't see why one is better than the others. Pose him based on what you think looks coolest on the shelf. Screen accuracy doesn't mean much to me personally when we're talking about an obscure background character from a pretty bad movie. I bought this figure just because he looked cool (same with the Shadow), and so I switched his look up pretty frequently to keep him from getting stale.

Breather piece looks good, maskless face looks good, mask looks good, too. I don't see why one is better than the others. Pose him based on what you think looks coolest on the shelf. Screen accuracy doesn't mean much to me personally when we're talking about an obscure background character from a pretty bad movie. I bought this figure just because he looked cool (same with the Shadow), and so I switched his look up pretty frequently to keep him from getting stale.

I totally agree! Cheers!:)

To each his own of course, I just find it wierd. There are other predator figures that can be displayed maskless - and accurately so - instead of the one who we never see without his mask on. The figure is just the P1 in P2 armour and besides I thought people hated that P1 headsculpt.

Same about Falconer and Tracker - their masks are their defining features since we never saw them without their bios on - why the need to recast Berserker heads and display them maskless when you've got Berserker himself who did appear maskless in the film. Well anyway just my 2cents.

Screen accuracy doesn't mean much to me personally when we're talking about an obscure background character from a pretty awesome movie.
fixed

To each his own of course, I just find it wierd. There are other predator figures that can be displayed maskless - and accurately so - instead of the one who we never see without his mask on. The figure is just the P1 in P2 armour and besides I thought people hated that P1 headsculpt.
I hate the P1 HS on the P1 figure, because it doesn't look near as accurate as they could have made it.
I think the paint they used on Gort's head just looks beautiful..very appealing.
FYI, I've never displayed my Gort without his Bio on, but like I said, I can totally understand why people would want to.

Same about Falconer and Tracker - their masks are their defining features since we never saw them without their bios on - why the need to recast Berserker heads and display them maskless when you've got Berserker himself who did appear maskless in the film. Well anyway just my 2cents.
Now I agree with you on this, although I don't think it's the same..
Considering the fact that HT's Mr. Black HS looks like poop.

Gort's HS mixed with the paint just looks awesome imo.

OhReally.jpg

^ :lol The Hot Toys P1 head sculpt is actually very accurate to the source material, despite what some of the "self elected" experts say... Well, nothing a little paint here and there wouldn't fix, if you felt the need.

Last edited:
Back