Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I have to say is, based on those pics, if Neca ever gets the license to produce 1/6 scale preds, - lookout hot toys! Those 1/6 prototype pics are amazing and very accurate to the movie. It'll finally give Hot Toys some competition if Neca can get into the 1/6 pred arena. Overlapping 1/6 scale licenses are rare but they do exist. The 1/6 bruce lee battle between Enterbay and Hot Toys is one such example.

yep.

Predator_LostPredators2.jpg

I'd love to have that 1/6 T-800 in the background too seen as Hot Toys still haven't made one of their own.

Not sure what you mean. Hot Toys already has a 1/6 T-800 Arnold in the black leather jacket. Checkout the link below

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900815

Yyyep I have that figure many times over! I'm referring to the battledamaged version of NECAs in the far left of that Predator pic. Hot Toys have yet to make their version of that. Who knows when or if they ever will so I was just saying I wished NECA had released a 12" version of that. Something being better than nothing.

All I have to say is, based on those pics, if Neca ever gets the license to produce 1/6 scale preds, - lookout hot toys! Those 1/6 prototype pics are amazing and very accurate to the movie. It'll finally give Hot Toys some competition if Neca can get into the 1/6 pred arena. Overlapping 1/6 scale licenses are rare but they do exist. The 1/6 bruce lee battle between Enterbay and Hot Toys is one such example.
even if NECA ever decided to make 1:6 scale preds (they won't), they couldn't come anywhere close to the quality of HT preds. they'd have to change everything from the bottom up to accommodate the infrastructure needed to produce high-end figures. they're much closer to McFarlane than they are to Sideshow and they seem dead-set on staying there.

Yyyep I have that figure many times over! I'm referring to the battledamaged version of NECAs in the far left of that Predator pic. Hot Toys have yet to make their version of that. Who knows when or if they ever will so I was just saying I wished NECA had released a 12" version of that. Something being better than nothing.

ah, gotchya.

even if NECA ever decided to make 1:6 scale preds (they won't), they couldn't come anywhere close to the quality of HT preds. they'd have to change everything from the bottom up to accommodate the infrastructure needed to produce high-end figures. they're much closer to McFarlane than they are to Sideshow and they seem dead-set on staying there.

Dammit!:banghead

Yeah, maybe you're right. The prototype to production process from Hot Toys is amazing. Often, the prototype pics you see, are pretty much what you get in your hands. Few companies can make their production products look as good as their prototypes. Hot toys is one of these rare companies that can pull it off. Enterbay seems to always disappoint when it comes to this. Their prototypes are great, but by the time it hits production, it looks almost nothing like it's prototype. It's almost like false advertising. They do have a few exceptions,(their godfather figure was nicely done), but mostly their final products don't come through like Hot Toys. So far, when it comes to 1/6 movie figs, there is almost no competition-Hot Toys has basically a monopoly-and with that monopoly comes price manipulation( as we've seen with the skyrocketing retail prices ). Enterbay is their nearest competitor and even they are a very distant second. Hot Toys is king of the hill, and I don't see anyone knocking them off the 1/6 movie figure market anytime soon.

Last edited:
too bad that the actual NECA 8'' products will be no where close to the protypes in terms of paint. Otherwise, I agree, those prototype pictures are awesome.

Hmm. This guy really wouldn't have been my next choice of Lost Predator. Think I'd have gone for Hippy or Ram.
yeah, i really want a Hippie/Shaman. but at this point, i'll take what i can get. there's no guarantee HT will make more of the lost clan down the line. especially with everybody cancelling their orders of this one after it turned out to be a regular edition size.

If this sells well they'll continue, the Batman and Joker should've gone up after this and the Begins batman were shipped cos loads of these and the batman's are being cancelled for the '89 license.

Back