Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Sideshow doesn't consider a piece 'damaged' and you want a full refund, prepare to pay for return shipping.

I'll rather pay the rerun fee then the $230 NRD, I try to inspect carefully to see if there is any damaged. It's much better piece the ss but I just think price is high.

Just making sure im not losing my mind, finally got optimus, and looking at all the videos just wondering what you all think of the color, shouldnt it be more blue?
if anyone who owns this can comment would be great. I think i might be nit picking too much, seeing it up close all the weathering and its a sparkly blue paint
11.jpg
22.jpg
33.jpg
44.jpg
55.jpg
66.jpg
77.jpg

The paint color from proto to production was one of my issues with this piece,i want the light sky blue colored paint like on some of the first proto pics.I know lighting plays a roll,but imo it looks to be much darker,no excuses at this price point.

The paint color from proto to production was one of my issues with this piece,i want the light sky blue colored paint like on some of the first proto pics.I know lighting plays a roll,but imo it looks to be much darker,no excuses at this price point.

Ive seen the recent reviews and it seems lighter, so is mine too dark?

Looks fine to me Groot, but seeing in person is different. One thing is there isn't as much weathering. I'll probably say the SS version had more weathering compare to this one.

For the weathering, the BD bust is nicely done. This OP statue was not meant to be weathered at the first place, I think. And that's why they made the bust.

I'm waiting see more pictures and more comments from people on this I think it's fine but I'm worried that if I received a bad paint job and to much weathering I should send it back

For the weathering, the BD bust is nicely done. This OP statue was not meant to be weathered at the first place, I think. And that's why they made the bust.

I'm waiting see more pictures and more comments from people on this I think it's fine but I'm worried that if I received a bad paint job and to much weathering I should send it back
I think the paint job and weathering of your piece is normal from the photo showing the head. My piece was exactly like that also. I may get your point and agree that the paint is not sharp, quite rough actually imo.

Nothing wrong with your Optimus about the color Optimus isnt sky blue much more deeper blue and purple reflection.

I don't post often but this was my most anticipated statue in the past couple of years. Finally got it in my hands yesterday.

Paint looks great, a lot of details, nice weathering and it's got presence.

Be aware that the statue as many fragile parts, the base is huge and nicely done but the paint app is blah, some parts felt light, my axe came craked.

Was is worth the 3200$Can(yes custom and exchange rate sucks) ? No way. Is it a nice centerpiece statue in your collection that looks great ? Yes.

Overall I like the piece but feel like the final product falls short of my expectations....let that be said price is defenitly a factor. I rate it 8.5 out of 10.

Thank you for the quick review on this i emailed sideshow I'm sending this back for replacement I have the Megatron which I'm very pleased with now I've noticed that there's a line like a little crack on the base and some really bad paint job on the base which I do not have on the Megatron, it's not really a smooth finish I know it's supposed to be and you can almost see the brush strokes.

Question for you can you tell me how the head sculpt and paint job is? Does your bass have any noticeable cracks on the top weird lines

I don't post often but this was my most anticipated statue in the past couple of years. Finally got it in my hands yesterday.

Paint looks great, a lot of details, nice weathering and it's got presence.

Be aware that the statue as many fragile parts, the base is huge and nicely done but the paint app is blah, some parts felt light, my axe came craked.

Was is worth the 3200$Can(yes custom and exchange rate sucks) ? No way. Is it a nice centerpiece statue in your collection that looks great ? Yes.

Overall I like the piece but feel like the final product falls short of my expectations....let that be said price is defenitly a factor. I rate it 8.5 out of 10.

These stories are getting worse... This is pure slack, for $2500 + the statue should be flawless.. this is the price of a small car.

These stories are getting worse... This is pure slack, for $2500 + the statue should be flawless.. this is the price of a small car.

I have two of this came out perfect, of course every statue in the market come out small imperfection.. If you are not please send out for replacement that's all.

Thank you for the quick review on this i emailed sideshow I'm sending this back for replacement I have the Megatron which I'm very pleased with now I've noticed that there's a line like a little crack on the base and some really bad paint job on the base which I do not have on the Megatron, it's not really a smooth finish I know it's supposed to be and you can almost see the brush strokes.

Question for you can you tell me how the head sculpt and paint job is? Does your bass have any noticeable cracks on the top weird lines

Hey do you any photo for the Base ? I will compare it with my base to help you out.
You are from Canada right? I just learn that their Creative Director is from Canada too.

Back