Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a huge Tarantino fan I feel that he hit his peak a while ago. Django, Inglorous Bastards & the Grind House stuff was good but no where near as earth shattering as his earlier stuff. I love Natural Born Killers (of course :D) and True Romance which he only wrote but didn't direct. Back then he could do no wrong. I think he started running out of gas 10 years ago. The Kill Bills & Jackie Brown was the end of his reign

I agree to an extent. HOWEVER there are PARTS of Inglorious that are AS GOOD as ANYTHING TARANTINO has done at his best (i.e. Cellar bar scene, opening scene, etc.). Djamgo has some good moments too.

Jackie Brown is boring to me. Terminally so. I started rewatching it the other day... fell asleep. THat NEVER happens to me. Pam Oliver and what's his face are just not doing it for me.

Pam Grier is her name

these are some of the trillest moments in cinema ever!
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXy8AgE7jBo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XstgfkXrqUs&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Jackie Brown definately had great moments!

Last edited:
Hang on, so you think Kill Bill and IB are just good?

Hell no! :lol I'm saying that IB was good, not over the top. I feel that Jackie Brown & KB vol. 1 & 2 were his last phenomenal flicks. After that he started running out of steam.

I agree to an extent. HOWEVER there are PARTS of Inglorious that are AS GOOD as ANYTHING TARANTINO has done at his best (i.e. Cellar bar scene, opening scene, etc.). Djamgo has some good moments too.

Jackie Brown is boring to me. Terminally so. I started rewatching it the other day... fell asleep. THat NEVER happens to me. Pam Oliver and what's his face are just not doing it for me.

:horror Jackie Brown is brilliant man! Great cast. That's classic Tarantino!

But different strokes as they say..

As a huge Tarantino fan I feel that he hit his peak a while ago. Django, Inglorous Bastards & the Grind House stuff was good but no where near as earth shattering as his earlier stuff. I love Natural Born Killers (of course :D) and True Romance which he only wrote but didn't direct. Back then he could do no wrong. I think he started running out of gas 10 years ago. The Kill Bills & Jackie Brown was the end of his reign

He didn't direct NBK also! And from what I've read, he hated what Stone did with his script. I personally dig the flick myself. I think you need to rewatch the last few films a couple more times. He is still in top form bro. Just as good as back then in my eyes!

Hell no! :lol I'm saying that IB was good, not over the top. I feel that Jackie Brown & KB vol. 1 & 2 were his last phenomenal flicks. After that he started running out of steam.

:horror Jackie Brown is brilliant man! Great cast. That's classic Tarantino!

But different strokes as they say..

Jackie Brown might house Samuel's best performance. It's that damn good! Love me some Odell Robie!!! :yess:

Let me ask you guys a question... HOW **** OUTTA LUCK WOULD EVERYONE BE IF KOREA AND N KOREA GO TO WAR?

Concerns:
1 to 100) FIRST AND FOREMOST: WAR SUCKS. Needless death and suffering is the worst thing and I hope that never happens.

101) (THEN on a very very very selfish level*) With Rainman and Iminime in Korea... could we all lose our money.

*Let me iterate that this is a very very secondary concern. Nobody wants war and if there is war the money I will lose will be inconsequential to the concern I will have for my friends in the region.

Jackie Brown might house Samuel's best performance. It's that damn good! Love me some Odell Robie!!! :yess:

:goodpost: ^^^^^ THIS x10000000000000000000

Jackie Brown is in constant rotation on my iphone...best lines ever delivered by Sam Jackson IMO

IB is his masterpiece so far, imo

In all fairness I have to give it another go. Every now and then some flicks don't grab me the first time thru and grow on to me the 2nd & 3rd time. Gonna get to it this weekend; tonight is all for Evil Dead :rock

He didn't direct NBK also! And from what I've read, he hated what Stone did with his script. I personally dig the flick myself. I think you need to rewatch the last few films a couple more times. He is still in top form bro. Just as good as back then in my eyes!

Right, I said he wrote it but didn't direct it. I didn't know that he disliked Stone's take on it though!!! I love it. Maybe my #1 of all time. I just can't understand how there is barely a following here and I can't get any support for a set of figs!!

:clap I need an Ordell!!!!

I love Jackie Brown, IB grew on me and I can't stand NBK. Stone made a masturbatory train wreck out of that. True Romance is infinitely better.

Pulp is my number 1 movie of all time. No lie! I still remember the day my father took me to Times Square to see it for my birthday. I was totally blown away. I mean, I have watched plenty of movies as a kid but never saw one quite like this. I ran down to Chinatown the next day and copped the $10 bootleg VHS for more immediate viewing! I was super hooked! :lol I was also fortunate enough to see Jackie Brown in the exact same theater right before they knocked it down. Another superb classic!

I love PF too, a huge influence on me and it came at a very formative time in my life. My first custom figures were Vince and Jules which helped get me into NYU film school as part of my application. I obsessively collected every poster variant I could find and even got a signed cast photo.

I was already familiar with RD and had read pulp novels so I was looking forward to its release. I was working in a movie theater at the time and saw it opening night. I tried to tell everyone I could about it but it wasn't on anyone's radar and they didn't seem interested. The film came and went from the theater fairly quickly only to be re-released a few months later once word of mouth had spread. Then it was very popular and everyone jumped on the QT bandwagon.

I love PF too, a huge influence on me and it came at a very formative time in my life. My first custom figures were Vince and Jules which helped get me into NYU film school as part of my application. I obsessively collected every poster variant I could find and even got a signed cast photo.

I was already familiar with RD and had read pulp novels so I was looking forward to its release. I was working in a movie theater at the time and saw it opening night. I tried to tell everyone I could about it but it wasn't on anyone's radar and they didn't seem interested. The film came and went from the theater fairly quickly only to be re-released a few months later once word of mouth had spread. Then it was very popular and everyone jumped on the QT bandwagon.

I didn't get to see it in the theater but I saw it right when it hit DVD. We used to hang out in front of this movie theater by my house. I was always trying to get someone to go in and see it but like you said no one was interested. I have this great old school pic of me in front of the theater with the Pulp "now playing" poster in the background

:horror :horror

It's brilliant! I love Stone's tripped out take on it and I couldn't picture it with Tarantino's style of dialogue

I think of NBK hand in hand with Schumacher's Batman & Robin. They share the same arrogant, stylistic self-indulgence and demonstrate about as much intellectual and emotional depth as a wet fart. But to be fair, B&R isn't as preachy as NBK. :wave

xKcsUUt.gif

Back