Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry brother I gotta disagree on that. Let's keep our heads screwed on straight for this one. Let the man have his coat.

My honest opinion?.... Anton wore it best :D

I read an article somewhere when the film first got made, Mr. Bardem had trouble getting laid because of that haircut. So according to the females he didn't wear it best :rotfl

The hair is probably a mm or two too long but I don't see that changing at this point.

If he was to work on anything about the hair I'd hope it would be where the inserts meet the sculpt. I'm really surprised that I'm like the only one saying anything about that. It seems that people really accepted that with no issue :dunno

Well you know his feelings on the hair. He was reluctant to do the long hair at one stage because of breakage. He is definitely not going to offer a full hair piece because of this. He wants a break point should the figure take a bump in transit, thus creating less of a problem for himself. The break point honestly doesn't bother me, it's part of the art process in my mind.

Yeah, I see the hair seams as his solution to the shipping problem in his attempt to give us what we all wanted. They're not the greatest aesthetically, but I see it as a necessary evil.

Well you know his feelings on the hair. He was reluctant to do the long hair at one stage because of breakage. He is definitely not going to offer a full hair piece because of this. He wants a break point should the figure take a bump in transit, thus creating less of a problem for himself. The break point honestly doesn't bother me, it's part of the art process in my mind.

IDK. I hate to say it but this apparently tight schedule looks like the culprit behind the end result of the hair. That really isn't Rainman's standard. I appreciate that he did the long hair because of our clamoring, I really do. But it's hard to look at that and not think that his mentality was; "ok fine I'll do it for you guys, but I don't have time to make it perfect; this will have to be good enough". I hate to think that way but it's very hard to look at that portion of the sculpt and think differently.

I'm not expecting it to be improved at this point. It's obviously way too late for that. I'm just simply making an observation and stating that I'm surprised that no one had a problem with that.

I read an article somewhere when the film first got made, Mr. Bardem had trouble getting laid because of that haircut. So according to the females he didn't wear it best :rotfl

Noooooooo.... I have a hard time believing that :lol

My Mom who digs Bardem wasn't familiar with his role in NCFOM. When she saw Anton she was like "THAT'S BARDEM?!?!?!" :eek:

My girl who thinks that Anton is one of the grossest things she ever saw looked at a pic of Bardem and said.... "THAT'S ANTON?!?!?" :naughty

:lol

Not at all, he though that with that haircut, he wouldnt be getting laid for a while! lol. He got Penelope Cruz though? Bob haircut cut anyone? Lol

Yeah, I see the hair seams as his solution to the shipping problem in his attempt to give us what we all wanted. They're not the greatest aesthetically, but I see it as a necessary evil.

Not trying to stir the crowd but just for convo sake, how is it easier to fix a problem on this two piece insert method as opposed to a problem on a solid sculpt hair piece (like Anton). I think if there is breakage to either application, it’s a pain in the a__ to have to fix

Not at all, he though that with that haircut, he wouldnt be getting laid for a while! lol. He got Penelope Cruz though? Bob haircut cut anyone? Lol

Love that lil' Miss Penelope

I personally think your wrong! I don't think Rainman for one second thought '' I will make the long hair but I will give you an inferior product!''

No chance, I don't buy that for a second. He has made that break line for a reason.

I personally think your wrong! I don't think Rainman for one second thought '' I will make the long hair but I will give you an inferior product!''

No chance, I don't buy that for a second. He has made that break line for a reason.

Again it's beyond a done deal and I'm not trying to start an argument over it. I think that even with this insert method there could've been a smoother transition and the comb lines or the flow of the hair strands could've met and flowed more naturally. That's my take on it. I'm glad that you love it though :duff

Again it's beyond a done deal and I'm not trying to start an argument over it. I think that even with this insert method there could've been a smoother transition and the comb lines or the flow of the hair strands could've met and flowed more naturally. That's my take on it. I'm glad that you love it though :duff

Since when is this person a rainman expert? Geez...

Sorry you don't love it and felt the need to not order and/or cancel, Pop. . . ;)

:lol:lol.... I didn't say THAT now....

You know I was all in on a FS! Even though I was disappointed in what this FS turned out to be I still went for it. If it wasn't for his paint I would've been fine with an H&C; but we'll see how the dork clothes work in practice when they show up. If they look quality on a body then that will change my mind into being a 100% believer the FS.

As far as the hair I'm not trying to stir s__t; I'm just speaking my mind. I praise The Man weekly on this board but if he does something that I feel doesn't live up to his potential, I'm going to voice my opinion. I can't bow at his feet even when I think that he made a mistake :dunno

You know I was all in on a FS! Even though I was disappointed in what this FS turned out to be I still went for it. If it wasn't for his paint I would've been fine with an H&C; but we'll see how the dork clothes work in practice when they show up. If they look quality on a body then that will change my mind into being a 100% believer the FS.

As far as the hair I'm not trying to stir s__t; I'm just speaking my mind. I praise The Man weekly on this board but if he does something that I feel doesn't live up to his potential, I'm going to voice my opinion. I can't bow at his feet even when I think that he made a mistake :dunno

But you didn't just voice your opinion, you questioned his attitude and commitment which is below the belt imo

But you didn't just voice your opinion, you questioned his attitude and commitment which is below the belt imo

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. After going back and re-reading what I wrote I see how I that came across that way but it's not what I'm saying at all. I couldn't be a fan and a supporter if I doubted his commitment and in no way am I taking low blows. But I can't agree with anyone who says that he couldn't have done better with that. I do feel that the time schedule is trumping all and is an obvious priority. I do also think that with more time to sort it out the result of the insert method could've been better. Just my opinion and I'm not saying anything about his integrity.

Last edited:

I imagine its due to the difficulty it would cause and possible breakages when removing it from the cast.

Sorry you don't love it and felt the need to not order and/or cancel, Pop. . . ;)

Since when is this person a rainman expert? Geez...

That may be funny, depending if you were talking about me or Teddy.

animated-pulp-fiction-jules-scaled500.gif
:monkey1

The sculpt (face, hair) simply isn't up to par as RM's Anton figure.

I'm buying it because 1) because Pulp Fiction is super awesome and 2) Yes - this is a RM figure. These factors alone make me "overlook" or "accept" the fact that I don't think the sculpt is above RM's typical standards. I still find it strange that people still swear by their ***** that exclusiveness does nothing to their collection desires.

Having said this, I agree with many that the sculpt can be improved...but as it is, demand is already still greater than supply and this still is an awesome figure I wouldn't want to pass. I know if I hesitate I'd surely regret later down the road.

Last edited:
Speaking from a caster's perspective, I think the hair is done in the way in which Rainman feels it can survive a trip. The difference between this and Anton, is Anton's little bang piece is not jetting out to the side. It has some protection from the the whole head. If the hair was cast in PVC like HT then it wouldn't be a problem but resin is a extremely brittle when fully cured. Speaking also from a person that offers custom products that are limited. A lot of work goes into this stuff and the biggest fear for me is when this hits the shipping service is, first will it make it to the buyer and two will it survive? An example would be these back packs I'm doing. If one is lost or damaged in transit, then its on me to replace it. It's not like I have a whole bunch just laying around in case something happens. If I have to replace one it is a huge problem for me. I can't imagine a whole figure that multiple people have worked on. I would be a nervous wreck waiting on the delivery notices.

Speaking from a caster's perspective, I think the hair is done in the way in which Rainman feels it can survive a trip. The difference between this and Anton, is Anton's little bang piece is not jetting out to the side. It has some protection from the the whole head. If the hair was cast in PVC like HT then it wouldn't be a problem but resin is a extremely brittle when fully cured. Speaking also from a person that offers custom products that are limited. A lot of work goes into this stuff and the biggest fear for me is when this hits the shipping service is, first will it make it to the buyer and two will it survive? An example would be these back packs I'm doing. If one is lost or damaged in transit, then its on me to replace it. It's not like I have a whole bunch just laying around in case something happens. If I have to replace one it is a huge problem for me. I can't imagine a whole figure that multiple people have worked on. I would be a nervous wreck waiting on the delivery notices.

:exactly::goodpost:

People have to think more about Rainman than themselves for once!

Back