Rainman's Project (Narrator 1999)... ^L^

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zuno,

My two cents as well...

If Rainman wants to charge a little more for the full figure and include that second head, that would be fine by me. We don't even need the pistol to be metal if that helps cost-wise.

But... two separate releases for just Norton!? :banghead

I just can't wrap my brain around that. I have bought a lot of Rainman figures so far, but I just can't afford any more than the usual one figure every three months. I'm assuming two Nortons would be released in the same month, if not the same day! This would really be a horrible blow to the pocketbook, and one that I probably could *not* do. I can't help but think that this decision would hurt sales, too. So, if there's any way to simply up the price a little to cover the extras, it looks like that would be much better for most of us.

Thanks so much for listening, Zuno. We respect Rainman, but at the same time, we want to be able to afford his work! Please explain that we are not just a bunch of complainers (as it may seem on the surface). We are simply very passionate about what he makes for us, his loyal fans!

And again, please thank him for us for everything so far... :banana

I think one full figure w/o a price hike makes it hard to justify two differant head/clothing sets.

I just want a bruised head, I don't think a regular one would sell as well because as I pointed out, a guy in a suit works when its James Bond or the Godfather but if its just Ed Norton, I want him to be beaten up and bruised to better encompass his character and the movie.

I'd think he should have made the clean head the exclusive, not the beaten one.

yes, especially for me:monkey2

a few hours ago a client of mine ordered a pretty large purchase from my company, and I was so excited and happy, and just an hour ago he called up and said that he made a mistake and hes cancelling his order :monkey2...

and when I tried to come here to cheer myself up, this is the news that I get:banghead:banghead

been hell of a emotional rollercoster for me today:monkey2

and the drama continues:

IronManMarkIIIBattleDamagedverbacks.jpg

:banghead:banghead

I dunno, so many bad news this week, that I dunno what it feels like to be excited no more :monkey2

HT promised to give us an all new kojun stark sculpt when we preordered.

But yesterday, HT said that the BD is ready to be shipped, and that headsculpt is an old, repainted head from HT's initial mark 2 release. And it was sculpted by TJ Cha, not kojun. That was their surprise for us :(

But yesterday, HT said that the BD is ready to be shipped, and that headsculpt is an old, repainted head from HT's initial mark 2 release. And it was sculpted by TJ Cha, not kojun. That was their surprise for us :(

I like it personally..

A lot...

I think the problem with HT is they share way too much with their fans. Contact with fans is great, to an extent. The whole reason the Iron Man BD is getting that head is because of the licensesor declined the other sculpts and chose that one. Definitely a head scratcher.

That's a big reason why Rainman kicks so much ass. He has great contact with fans, shares information and has no potential backlash due to big company suits saying no

Zuno,

Sorry if I sound impatient, but is there any word from Rainman yet on how he will handle this Ed Norton thing? I'm still hopeful for just *one* figure release, not two. Three more figures to go (Narrator, Marla, Durden v. 2) will be hard enough as it is, but four!? :(

Please let us know what he says.

I think if rainman wants to cut cost down, he should just skip this IMO. I'd rather he take these tooth away, rather than having 2 differnt type of narrator 1999..

The fact that Rainman can make a metal gun is flabbergastingly amazing but I agree I'd much prefer that cost go into the sets and not the materials for the gun but I'm not about o suggest how Rainman does his artwork. Regardless can't wait for Norton.

Back